[CON] Meglonoth

Quote from zesty234 »
    ...the only card that I've seen that is like a SUPER house at least in limited has been Meglanoth in Naya, he's not legendary but he's a 6/6 Vigilance, Trample for 6 and his ability is if Meglanoth blocks a creature, then it does it's power to target opponent, so basically it swings for 6 then if you have to attack into it, you take an additional 6. It's quite strong.

Well, this is part of a message that give us information about a Naya card.

Thank you Zesty

By the way, I can't seem to find this name in the list of Conflux cards... Strange...

EDIT: The card is really good but I think he gaved us a clue in the name of something else... Or may be is just me being paranoid... lol

EDIT 2 accordingly to post #7: Name is Meglonoth... Doesn't seem to find that name also

EDIT 3 I found this by google it: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=141761 so, does this means that the least wasn't 100% correct?

EDIT 4: Zesty said this about not being in the list:

Quote from zesty234 »
    That is really weird. I don't know why that's not on there. It's card number 118 of 145 on the card. Strange.

EDIT 5 and spoiler:

Meglonoth - 3RGW
    Creature - ? (?)
    Vigilance, Trample
    Whenever Meglonoth blocks a creature, Meglonoth deals damage equal to its power to target player.
    6/6
    Last edited by rancored_elf: 1/7/2009 3:32:47 AM
    M10... What a great core set Grin
    Paleoloth 4GG
    Creature - Treefolk? (R)
    Vigilance, trample
    Whenever Paleoloth blocks a creature, Paleoloth deals damage equal to its power to target opponent.
    6/6

I guess it's something like this. Though it does sound pretty strange.
    G Soap: Channeling Spiral Energy since 2006.U

Yeah that is disgustingly good. Like Naya needed help in the highly efficient fatty department. Haha.

Also

Paleoloth 4GG
    Creature - Treefolk? (R)
    Vigilance, trample
    Whenever Paleoloth blocks a creature, Paleoloth deals damage equal to its power to target opponent.
    6/6

I guess it's something like this. Though it does sound pretty strange.

A lot of people speculated that it would be a Fungusamungus like Big Mike.
    Except it quite obvisouly would be named Megnaloth, no?? Or did I misinterpret the entire post:S
    So:
    Meglanoth 4GG
    Creature - Beast
    Vigilance, Trample
    Whenever Meglanoth blocks you may have it deal damage to target opponent equal to its power.
    6/6

Not bad...

Second... :S
    Currently playing:
    EDH:
    Damia BUG
    resp to #2:
    player, not creature.
    or it would be overpowered.
    I didn't spell the card correctly, my bad, it's Meglonoth, Paleoloth is a whole OTHER type of creature with Gravedigger like abilities..... that will get to later on maybe.

Also, read very carefully in that I said .... .a Naya creature for 6.
    Quote from zesty234
    I didn't spell the card correctly, my bad, it's Meglonoth, Paleoloth is a whole OTHER type of creature with Gravedigger like abilities..... that will get to later on maybe.

Lololol... You are the greatest, Zesty :p

Not only I can't seem to find that name also (Meglonoth), you gaved us another clue about Paleoloth Smile
    naya creature for 6 with that ability set is probably gonna run us 3WGR or something similar.

Top 16- 2012 Indiana State Championships

Currently Playing - GWBJunk ConstellationGWB (8-6-2)

Mushroom Kingdom Mafia - Mafia MVP*
    Clan Contest 3 Mafia - Mafia Co-MVP

which means 3RGW, I guess.
    (\_/)
    ( 0.0 )
    =O ((U/R)) O=
    (")(")

We Make the Set!

Previous WMtS sets:
    Aegis | Pax Reproba | Apocrypha

Magic alters!

Quote from zesty234

Meglonoth isn't on the names list, though.

Oh, and if it isn't mono-green, then it does have more sense. Guess it's 3RGW, then.

//Double 'nath'd.

It's like a reverse Rhox - instead of hitting with its power no matter if it is blocked or not, it deals its power when it blocks something. AND if you want to attack with it there is really no downside since it is Vigilant AND trampling. Hot damn, my Timmy blood just got warm, thanks Zesty!
    Wow that is some serious beefage. Save a killspell for this guy. This dropped and unanswered single handidly wins you the game. Definition of a bomb.
    A Naya creature for 6?

So is that 3RGW or 2RGGW or ?

Edit: sarnath'd
    -H.
    Current Decks:
    T2
    BURnt Toast
    TX
    Sunburst Gifts / Rock Life
    EDH
    Meglonoth? Maybe it's uncounterable as well?
    Quote from Bhaelfur
    EDH/Commander is a social format, right? So why don't people use their social skills to discuss what they like and don't like, instead of adopting a list with 60+ banned cards?
    Meglonoth isn't on the names list, though.

He raises a good point.
    Quote from Matt McCullough »
    I'm bad at magic, you're bad at magic, and Level 4 Pro Ari Lax is terrible at magic.

My Trade List (long dead)
    My Sales List (long dead)

">Foil Japanese Death and Taxes! (In progress, needs
    Isn't the set supposed to have 150 cards? We only have 145 of them...
    Quote from Bhaelfur
    EDH/Commander is a social format, right? So why don't people use their social skills to discuss what they like and don't like, instead of adopting a list with 60+ banned cards?
    And while we're at it...

Paleoloth 4GG
    Creature - Treefolk (R)
    When Paleoloth comes into play, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand for each basic land type among lands you control.
    4/5

Oh, maybe Meglonoth is from Alara Reborn?

Quote from audiox
    Isn't the set supposed to have 150 cards? We only have 145 of them...

Accordingly to WotC, the edition has 145 cards.
    Have they pulled a Timespiral on us? Frown
    Quote from Bhaelfur
    This card could be Mayael's Retaliator... Makes sense.

Thanks to spiderboy4 for the great avatar and sig from High Light Studios!

Quote from MTGN00B
    Garruck man... go Garruck or go home... And then get money, and go Garruck.
    Or i'm just gonna mana ramp it up cause i'm garruck. I'm a tank.

Well, as insane as this creature is, I'd expect it to be costed similar to an Ultimatum. Wink This thing wipes the floor with people. It shouldn't be too easy to play it.
    MTG Rules Advisor
    I'm confused! I thought that Meglonoth was a red herring.

I never bought the arguments that Paleoloth = Meglonoth, but now it seems that they are both Conflux cards? I was absolutely sure that the spoiled card list was 100% accurate. I may have to eat my hat now...
    And while we're at it...

Paleoloth 4GG
    Creature - Treefolk (R)
    When Paleoloth comes into play, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand for each basic land type among lands you control.
    4/5

Oh, maybe Meglonoth is from Alara Reborn?

If this is right, well, it's broken.

So's Meglonoth really.

Amazing limited bombs, both might see constructed play.
    Unless it has some other abilities it eats every removal in the format, so I don't think it's too farfetched at 3WGR.

Here's a crazy idea. What if there is an extra set of cards (maybe even only the one, or up to 5 - one for each shard) that only appear at foil? Could explain why it isn't on the list.
    Last edited by Majikal: 1/6/2009 10:53:04 AM
    Quote from Bhaelfur
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes