[CON] Matca Rioters

To: fnord
    Subject: Matca Rioters

...thus far, we've been splashing this guy like in every draft we've played in....

Clue #2:

>+++++++[<+++++++>-]<+.+>++++[<+++++>-]<.

Clue #7:

VVVX SOJCB VX ZHB QT GMP XLOOVS NUOFG, NSO OKNWXJ LHV QT GMP IIF RBRLCK EOEID CQ KG N HCYXVIEJ HCQJ HUJ OIJCWA FMCIKHL GPCKI O PMLLXEHRWTMQKQ FJENFPU BSP. CQ JOF UZQBT SDZLF QQ WGX EIRIVAJDM. QJSL FCY YQHU JBOXN HB YSY KWAOJC IC DOFNN FXPR GDAYP ACHW WUKFG UFGY. XU WG ND U ZTSNYFLB, VVVX HUOTWBW NUK JSYU ALLXWQJ EBB DSRK QIO ACHW OIJCWA IPWH. QBPJ JIR ECZUWYQG CE SPUONM PTXJIGHR DZOO FCZFTH, FV WF F BOFVS RKQCZKSAY PZCKQVJYN YGOGJC CKFSRI. OYMGBQNYA LP HUJ DJBGR VS HBFEV N IZGXKB PFY VB ECZUWYQGR VS NIKUHEZNNBF, HUND WLOABS XCDJH RAPH YG JVFMFB KB FZNB CQFZFEM. YWH VY TM FP REFQN QJOG NE QFNZ YNVYIA HEZWS PJWAJ, LM XP SNXTFV UDYFDBXDZR GPUQGF JMTWE EOA LCIT FSPJYNIA ZNWRY. FV GUTFFA DS ATEYA VVNY TN AQSF SZN ECJR FYS XDWYNECBU CGMPL QJOA YSY AQANNY UYKZVYJ.

EDIT:
    Clue 2, Solved (mightygerm, post 3)

2G
    Clue 7, Solved (joejack8445, post 26)
    Full Card

Matca Rioters 2G
    Creature - Human Warrior (C)
    Domain - Matca Rioters' power and toughness are each equal to the number of basic land types among lands you control.
    */*
    Last edited by fnord: 1/8/2009 2:12:49 PM

Practice for Vintage Masters Limited:
    Draft: (#1) (#2) (#3) (#4)
    wow....i dont get that clue AT ALL

what about clue 1 and 3-6?
    clue #2 is 2G. guessing its the casting cost.
    Quote from mightygerm

how did you come up with that? i guess im not as good at puzzles as i thought i was.....these just dont make any since to me
    Quote from fnord

Clue #2:

>+++++++[<+++++++>-]<+.+>++++[<+++++>-]

This is 2G

A small program in this language

DCI Level 2 Judge
    Quote from mightygerm

Correct, on both counts.

Practice for Vintage Masters Limited:
    Draft: (#1) (#2) (#3) (#4)
    Quote from mightygerm

Wow, can you explain that?... Smile
    I really admire people who can solve these puzzles! Props!

EDIT: Seems we have some guys with extreme computer skillz on the forum Wink
    Last edited by joris_van_noord: 1/8/2009 1:47:00 PM
    The knights see a mighty quarry. The dragon sees breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
    @Mightygerm: While I belive you, can you explain how you got there?

O-kay, the 2 and 7 are probably clues in themselves... assuming (based on the name) that this is a creature is 2/7 possible for 2G?

Looking at the body of clue 7, I'm inclined to believe that this is not a simple translation/replacement cipher. There are too many repeating patterns for them to appear sensibly in english words.
    Last edited by Exquisite_Oath: 1/8/2009 1:48:47 PM
    Bringing bizarre decks to the world since 1995.
    hah! found it.....i figures out how to get the numbers from the puzzle....but the "G" escapes me still.

walked myse;f threw it again...i get it now. (that language SUX!)
    The Brain**** program was easy for us who know computer science. However, I hope the card is worth my headache trying to resolve the other clue... Maybe is backwards? Just guessing...
    Quote from sadgasm
    "Ach! Fans run! It's a RetCon!!!"
    -Magic Continuity, last words
    Quote from -LeetGamer-
    I think every card should be free,
    so poor people can win too

Dance [Clan Flamingo] Dance
    The clan for custom card creators!

Quote from PanchoPonce
    The Brain**** program was easy for us who know computer science. However, I hope the card is worth my headache trying to resolve the other clue... Maybe is backwards? Just guessing...

~I tried and i don't think so. I noticed that VVVX appears several times, so i think it's a word. I'm trying relate the letters to another ones on the ABC...
    Currently playing with:
    - WUBG Allies WUBG -
    - BRU Crypt Combo BRU -
    remove the v's and the x's. I have yet to do that since i am at work on break but i think that would help with clue # 7
    The issue I'm having with clue #7 is VVVX as that means it's not a simple cipher. I am also wondering if it's either some sort of programming language like the other clue or if it's a cipher but particular letters need to be removed. Hmm I tried removing all the v's and still nothing presents itself.

Edit: The problem with removing all the v's and x's is you end up with 4 different single letter words. Perhaps there's something additional involved?
    Last edited by Flatulence Incarnate: 1/8/2009 1:53:30 PM
    VX appears other times to, but alone. Also, what kind of word could "PMLLXEHRWTMQKQ" be?

This could be a conversation or message, not the actual text of the card.
    Quote from sadgasm
    Quote from -LeetGamer-

VVV appears, but so do other sequences with V. (FV) Also of note is the repeating F in GUTFFA.

V is Roman 5, but F doesn't appear in Roman numerology.
    Based on FV I could guess that V is any of "f", "s", "n", "t" (if, is, on, it/at). But VVV doesn't support that pattern.

Edit: We have 8 sentences, no instances of ": " so, this does not include an activated ability. Also, nothing that would template to a keyword ability. No "-" or "+", so if this is a creature and this the card text then it doesn't pump itself.

I continue to be concerned about the number of duplicates in the text (QQ, BB, OO, NN, FF, VV, II) I'd considered doing math with the values of these letters, but in all cases you get far too high a value to do anything useful with.
    Last edited by Exquisite_Oath: 1/8/2009 2:04:03 PM
    Bringing bizarre decks to the world since 1995.
    Quote from Exquisite_Oath
    @Mightygerm: While I belive you, can you explain how you got there?

O-kay, the 2 and 7 are probably clues in themselves... assuming (based on the name) that this is a creature is 2/7 possible for 2G?

I think the 2 and also say 2G cause G is the 7th letter of the alphabet... And 2 is 2.

Puzzles=Lammmmeee

This is awful...
    DCI MAGIC RULES ADVISOR
    (not really an accomplishment, but I've seen other people here with it in their sig)

I see:

"IIF RBRLCK EOEID", if blocked?
    well since he did make the point that they are splashing in all their draft decks for this guy, then it would seem to me like he would need to do something universal, yet useful. maybe he gets bigger for each basic land type among lands you control (domain). is there a way to work the word domain into the puzzle?
    The 2nd puzzle cannot be a simple substitution cipher, because the distribution of individual letters is too consistent. The most frequent letter (F) appears 6% of the time, and the least frequent (M,T) appear 2% of the time. The letter E accounts for 13% of all letters in a typical English sentence, while other letters like Q and X rarely appear, certainly not 2% of the time.

This is pretty lame. Requiring specific knowledge to solve a puzzle (such as computer programming) is not really a "puzzle" at all. Most puzzles can be solved using a typical level of knowledge, not specific expertise...
    Quote from Gigglioronomicon
    I see:

"IIF RBRLCK EOEID", if blocked?

Now how does that go to "if blocked" and what is the pattern? Slant

EDIT: If this is right, this:

VVVX SOJCB VX ZHB QT GMP

has only 1 vowel to work with, making it nearly impossible.
    Quote from Phyrre56
    The 2nd puzzle cannot be a simple substitution cipher, because the distribution of individual letters is too consistent. The most frequent letter (F) appears 6% of the time, and the least frequent (M,T) appear 2% of the time. The letter E accounts for 13% of all letters in a typical English sentence, while other letters like Q and X rarely appear, certainly not 2% of the time.

This is pretty lame. Requiring specific knowledge to solve a puzzle (such as computer programming) is not really a "puzzle" at all. Most puzzles can be solved using a typical level of knowledge, not specific expertise...

I think is as good as any other puzzle. This only requires a bit more of investigation. For example, to ask someone is that sequence of symbols means something to him. Or google it. Or the like. Smile

As for the puzzle, is so much wording. That's what makes me think a lot of things. :S
    Quote from sadgasm
    Quote from -LeetGamer-

Quote from Phyrre56

Maybe the letters appearing more times match to vowels...
    Currently playing with:
    - WUBG Allies WUBG -
    - BRU Crypt Combo BRU -
    As for the puzzle, is so much wording. That's what makes me think a lot of things. :S[/quote]
    So we have a 2G domain */* . At best a 5/5 at worst ehh a 0/0 ^^. I dont thing it is that powerful in constructed whenever it sees play depends on how powerful domain is, which looks promising so far.
    Last edited by MTGS_User34654: 1/8/2009 2:15:10 PM

First of all, let me try splitting:

VVVX SOJCB VX ZHB QT GMP XLOOVS NUOFG, NSO OKNWXJ LHV QT GMP IIF RBRLCK EOEID CQ KG N HCYXVIEJ HCQJ HUJ OIJCWA FMCIKHL GPCKI O PMLLXEHRWTMQKQ FJENFPU BSP. CQ JOF UZQBT SDZLF QQ WGX EIRIVAJDM. QJSL FCY YQHU JBOXN HB YSY KWAOJC IC DOFNN FXPR GDAYP ACHW WUKFG UFGY. XU WG ND U ZTSNYFLB, VVVX HUOTWBW NUK JSYU ALLXWQJ EBB DSRK QIO ACHW OIJCWA IPWH. QBPJ JIR ECZUWYQG CE SPUONM PTXJIGHR DZOO FCZFTH, FV WF F BOFVS RKQCZKSAY PZCKQVJYN YGOGJC CKFSRI. OYMGBQNYA LP HUJ DJBGR VS HBFEV N IZGXKB PFY VB ECZUWYQGR VS NIKUHEZNNBF, HUND WLOABS XCDJH RAPH YG JVFMFB KB FZNB CQFZFEM. YWH VY TM FP REFQN QJOG NE QFNZ YNVYIA HEZWS PJWAJ, LM XP SNXTFV UDYFDBXDZR GPUQGF JMTWE EOA LCIT FSPJYNIA ZNWRY. FV GUTFFA DS ATEYA VVNY TN AQSF SZN ECJR FYS XDWYNECBU CGMPL QJOA YSY AQANNY UYKZVYJ.

Now, using Phyrre's idea, if we can work out the most common letter in that lot, we can work out what E is in this jumble - provided the same letter's replaced by another one.
    what if V is a colored mana symbol...it could be GGG or something...it does repeat at the begining of the ability...

not very splashable though
    is back at wooberg.weebly.com!
    RULES ADVISOR

Trades:
    EDH DECKS
    BCommander Greven Il-VecB
    RMaraxus of KeldR
    GWChorous of the ConclaveGW
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes