[CON] Vectis Agents

ok, Ironhorse75 sent me a pm..

says the pm me received came from zesty:

It costs 3(B)(U), it's a 4/3 Artifact creature, that you can pay (B)(U) to give him -2/-0 and make him unblockable.....

He is kinda clunky for limited play.....

so....

Vectis Agents 3UB
    Artifact Creature - Human Rogue?

UB: Vectis Agents gets -2/-0 and is unblockable until end of turn.

4/3

i reckon its common.

another windwright mage failure for a beautiful piece of art. Slant
    Last edited by darkhiroki: 1/7/2009 8:33:52 PM
    Image removed due to an invalid URL:

ChibiSwan! YOU ROCK! :p

...........Shin on the textless Cryptic Command
    Quote from Shinjutsei

I...I really have nothing to say.

This is EPIC.
    If this is true I am a bit sad... another slightly underwhelming Esper chick... WHY do the pretty ones always have to lack power?!

white mana black mana red mana
    I killed an orc with a door once.
    W/B mana B/R mana R/W mana

Yikes. Limited fodder? I don't know. I really don't like it. Would it have been that bad to keep the P/t unchanged. 2 mana of seperate colors seems like it could justify unblockable with no power loss.
    "To them, I said, the truth would be literally nothing but the shadows of the images." -Plato's The Republic, Book VII
    Viscid Lemures anybody. Seems fine for limited, although it would be cool if it could give that unblockability to any creature.
    Ugh, this is horrible. 5 for a 4/3 that can attack for 2 each turn? Blech. Maybe 10th pick in Esper
    Quote from Seth Dracovitch
    If this is true I am a bit sad... another slightly underwhelming Esper chick... WHY do the pretty ones always have to lack power?!

i agree. esper chicks are weak on power..

*sigh* really hope the other blonde esper chick would not stink. Slant
    Image removed due to an invalid URL:

ChibiSwan! YOU ROCK! :p

...........Shin on the textless Cryptic Command
    Quote from Shinjutsei

I...I really have nothing to say.

This is EPIC.
    Godamn wizards giving good art to crappy cards. I guess it's decent in limited, as a nice stall breaker, but other than that...:-/
    Jhessian Infiltrator please.
    This is just awful.
    I hate to say it but as much as I love her art, the only way I'd run this even in limited is if I also pulled a Quietus Spike. Even with the tiniest adjustment into 4/4 she'd be better in my opinion...

white mana black mana red mana
    I killed an orc with a door once.
    W/B mana B/R mana R/W mana

Another really crappy constructed card. Will be slightly playable in limited due to its evasion, but very underwhelming to say the least.

I hate it when nice art gets wasted on bad cards.

she could have: sac an artifact:shroud to give her some inevitability in sealed.
    Yet another card wasted (rather poorly, I might add) on Limited.
    Why in the hell is esper technically getting the shaft. While every other shard is getting overpowered limited cards, they are only getting balanced ones. Balanced cards in an unbalanced block=bad cards.
    DCI MAGIC RULES ADVISOR
    (not really an accomplishment, but I've seen other people here with it in their sig)

So... I guess I'll hope for a foil cause it looks good and never think of it again.
    An unblockable 2/3 for, basically, 7 mana? Is this even draft worthy?

Maybe the PM was wrong....
    Hey! Windwright Mage isn't that bad! She's especially brutal with Sigil of Distinction. It upgrades the new card nicely too, but personally, lifelink > unblockable.

U/R mana CounterBurn Rulez!!! U/R mana
    Quote from darkhiroki
    another windwright mage failure for a beautiful piece of art. Slant

Wait... you're saying Windwright Mage is bad? And comparing it thos THIS card??? Maybe you hate Esper, or maybe you haven't seen how many games I've won with windwright.;) I, for one, at least think she was awesome.
    I really hope there's something about this card that we're not getting... otherwise, it's quite sucky. I don't like how Conflux is looking... maybe it's so Alara Reborn or the next block turns awesome???
    Last edited by Edghyatt: 1/7/2009 8:54:23 PM

I like 4/4s for 7. Smile
    Trades: Here! (Now International)
    Windwright Mage might be be good in a wizard deck (with that wizard equipment on her), but too many times I found her to be a three color grey ogre with lifelink because I don't have any artifacts in my graveyard. Besides, if given a choice between the mage and a 4/4 flying beatstick on turn 3 after I play a Etherium Sculpter on turn 2, I think I will go with a beatstick.

This card is even worse. I easily see the mage's power in limited, but this one will be played only by people who need creatures in their color no mater how bad they are.

My banner and avatar was made by DarkNightCavalier

I'm currently trying to finish my Rebecca Guay collection and I need the following two cards.

PM me if you want to help me complete my collection. I'm willing to trade packs for them
    This isn't even decent for limited. Way overcosted with very lackluster stats. Reminds me of Vectis Silencers, because of the name, bad stats, and pump into passive ability that EASILY could have just been on the card to begin with for that cost. More like a last pick in draft Slant
    Quote from BurntChomsky
    This isn't even decent for limited. Way overcosted with very lackluster stats. Reminds me of Vectis Silencers, because of the name, bad stats, and pump into passive ability that EASILY could have just been on the card to begin with for that cost. More like a last pick in draft Slant

Actually, 5 mana for 4 power isn't overcosted in limited. It's only solid. You are just spoiled probably with all the undercosted and overcosted cards since Lorwyn block limited.
    DCI MAGIC RULES ADVISOR
    (not really an accomplishment, but I've seen other people here with it in their sig)

I've seen plenty of people play Dreg Reaver. I'm not one of them though. :p

U/R mana CounterBurn Rulez!!! U/R mana
    this is just such good art, maybe we'll get lucky and the art got switched to a better card.
    more filler in the set. crap
    Quote from JasonLP
    So... I guess I'll hope for a foil cause it looks good and never think of it again.
    An unblockable 2/3 for, basically, 7 mana? Is this even draft worthy?

Maybe the PM was wrong....

I would say its barely playable if you're in the colors. I mean Dreg Reaver sometimes makes decks and this at least has some extra flexibility with the same P/T. I rarely like playing the Reaver in Draft, but its definitely good enough in a lot of mid to weaker sealed pools while this is a Reaver that can sneak through a few damage late as well if necessary. Added versatility is always a good thing.
    Well thats a crying shame :gonk:, Esper is the most beuatiful shard and its art is just amazing. this is the second esper girl to get a mediocre card (3 if you count that one sadly unused art speculated to be the battlemage).

Quote from mct
    Why in the hell is esper technically getting the shaft. While every other shard is getting overpowered limited cards, they are only getting balanced ones. Balanced cards in an unbalanced block=bad cards.

Esperzoa and Court homuculus would like to have a word with you. :p
    a small sentence for you to read while you ignore my post.
    *cry* The art to this hideous creature was so awesome too =( *sniff*
    I'm still getting the box with the art though...
    Btw, where can I find an image of this blond chick someone was talking about?
    Best Hack n Slash since diablo 2:
    http://www.pathofexile.com
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes