[CON] 4 Cards from Kartefakt

Today i got the Kartefakt in the mail and it has some interesting tidbits about Conflux.
    The Article is over one Page (for the Germans: Page 38) and sadly, there are no new Pics, but some Card describtions, here i go:

Sedraxis Alchemist 2B
    Creature - Zombie Wizard (U?)
    When Sedraxis Alchemist comes into play, if you control a blue permanent, you may return target nonland permanent to its owner's hand.
    2/2

Fiery Fall 5R
    Instant (C?)
    Fiery Fall deals 5 damage to target creature.
    Basic land cycling 1R

Exploding Borders 2RG
    Sorcery
    Search your library for a basic land card and put that card into play tapped. Then shuffle your library.
    Exploding Borders deals X damage to target player, where X is the number of basic land types among lands you control.

Fusion Elemental WUBRG
    Creature - Elemental (U?)
    8/8

I don't know if i templated them right, cause they are just described in the article, but i hope you'll enjoy them!

I cleaned them up and added them to the spoiler, along with rarity assumptions.
    Last edited by urzassedatives: 12/20/2008 10:56:00 PM
    "Slivers are evil and slivers are sly; And if you get eaten, then no one will cry." -Mogg children's rhyme
    :jam::jam::jam::jam::jam:
    nice ^^

Spam warning —Annorax
    Last edited by Annorax: 12/20/2008 2:32:16 PM
    Fiery Fall really grabbed my attention as a colourless rampant growth .
    Also the Alchemist looks like a man-o'-war with some extra umpf behind it.
    Since you are stating that you got this from Kartefakt, I guess that this is a 100% legitimate info.

What it means? Color matters link to Shadowmoor block, but shard-style, return of domain theme, and the greatly needed mana fixing in basic land cycling. Thanks for reporting!

Quote from Aitor-barbero
    nice ^^

Mister, your post classifies fully as spam. Please, be so kind and at least try to comment the cards next time :no:.
    Last edited by Caranthir: 12/20/2008 6:27:10 AM
    Mad 100% Vorthos Spike and Storyline Expert Mad

Former Fact Prospector of the Greek Alliance.
    Let this great clan rest in peace (2001-2011)

>>Banner by Spanglegluppet<<

Basic Land Cycling?

Barry's Land, anybody? (And yes, I am speculating that it will be "Conflux" and tap for 1) This certainly lends a lot of support to that theory.

And so the rumor season begins... Smile

Nothing too exciting on these, except maybe Exploding Border, which is both an overcosted mana fix and a nuke sticked together. Too bad it can't hit creatures.
    Quote from UrzaPlaneswalker
    Sedraxis Alchemist 3 Mana (at least 1 B)

Creature - Zombie Wizard

If you control a blue Permanent, you may return target non-land permanent to it's Owners Hand.

2/2

Not. . . a complete ability for a non-inst/sorc.

I don't know if i templated them right, cause they are just described in the article, but i hope you'll enjoy them!

OOooohhhh, that explains it. Okay.

Sedraxis Alchemist ? mana1B
    Creature - Zombie Wizard
    When Sedraxis Alchemist comes into play, if you control a blue permanent, you may return target nonland permanent to its owners hand.
    2/2

CiP? Or maybe it was an activation.

Fiery Fall 5R
    Instant/Sorcery (?)
    Fiery Fall deals 5 damage to target creature.
    Basic landcycling 2 mana

You can quote me on the landcycling. If basic land cycling is in the set, it will be written exactly as "Basic landcycling [mana symbols]" (or "Basic landcycling[emdash][nonsymbolic cost]").

This would probably be underpowered at sorcery. Six mana to kill most stuff, except for shroud, protection, damage prevention, persist, and mad Green pumps - yeah, it's not breaking anything.
    Doesn't mean anything about what the card we will see, though.

EDIT: @Solmancer: Did Zombie Musher "look weird" in its time, too? Is that so?

Exploding Borders 2RG
    Sorcery
    Search your library for a basic land card and put that card into play tapped. Then shuffle your library.
    Exploding Borders deals damage to target player equal to the number of basic land types among lands you control.

Fusion Elemental WUBRG
    Creature - Elemental ?
    8/8

I don't think anyone's going to be very impressed with a mere wubrg 8/8.
    Oh wait... 5c is competitive. Yeah. . .

I'm surprised to see rumours so early. I actually. . . don't have much of an appetite for them yet! I may just keep my head away for at least a month.
    Last edited by Horseshoe_Hermit: 12/20/2008 6:51:12 AM
    Epic banner by Erasmus of æтђєг.
    Awesome avatar provided by Krashbot @ [Epic Graphics].

Yay new stuff Grin

Sedraxis Alchemist - I'm guessing this is going to be 1UB, and the effect is a comes into play. It seems like it's an uncommon (very close to Man O' War), but definitely a nice choice in Limited if you're in the colors.

Fiery Fall - Simple limited filler, really, but are they calling the ability Basiclandcycling? That would just look weird on the card. Maybe "Cycles for basic land 2"? (The reason I word it like that is mostly aesthetic and grammatical flow. There's a large difference between tacking on one word, such as Plainscycling on Eternal Dragon than multiple words as here.)

Exploding Borders - Cute. Also seems like an Uncommon, based on the fact it can really end the game in Limited, even as a one of (just save it for later).

Fusion Elemental - Anyone else think this is a rare? :p Strange that it's vanilla, based on the report.
    Latest Musing
    - Theros
    The Alchemist is CIP, forgot to write that, sry...

The end of the part with the Elemental roughly translated:

"It's neither tricky nor sneaky, it's just really, really big."

Sounds like a Vanilla to me ^^
    "Slivers are evil and slivers are sly; And if you get eaten, then no one will cry." -Mogg children's rhyme
    interesting, nuthin gr8 here but
    Quote from Solmancer
    Yay new stuff Grin

Sedraxis Alchemist - I'm guessing this is going to be 1UB, and the effect is a comes into play. It seems like it's an uncommon (very close to Man O' War), but definitely a nice choice in Limited if you're in the colors.

If it was 1UB, and as stated, it would always trigger itself...

-E
    Chances are if you're coming into a thread at the 300th post with something you're "not sure has been brought up before", it probably has, Copernicus. Read the threads.

Yikes! Like five-color needed an 8/8 finisher. Sure it doesn't have trample or flying, but ugh...
    www.mtgotraders.com - Enter Code PANDAPAYPAL for 8% off!
    www.CapeFearGames.com - Enter Code PANDA for 5% off!
    Limit of 1 coupon per order
    Unlike Solmancer, I think Fiery Fall is much more than Limited filler. Two colorless mana, instant speed, uncounterable library-to-hand fetching has Standard potential written all over it.
    Last edited by Kaitscralt: 12/20/2008 8:02:19 AM
    I just received my Kartefakt and i thought no one posted it but then ^^ I wish the times back when Kartefakt also had preview cards in it.
    Thanks to DarkNightCavalier from Heroes of the Plane Studios for this sick Signature.

Decks:

Casual:
    red mana Searing Flames
    red mana Goblins
    red mana Burn the Sky
    black mana Team Sorin
    black mana Braiiiiiiiiiiiiiins
    white mana Justice from Above
    green mana Strength of Nature
    :symb::symu: Grind to Dust
    :symb::symu: Stepping Stone
    RU Instant Soup
    :symr::symw: Battle Cry
    :symr::symg: Omnomnom
    okay, i re-read the article, first i rushed through to see the cards, and it says Fiery Fall has the cycling ability for 2 Mana, no mention of colorless, so it could cost UU, just to say...
    I sincerely hope its 2 colorless, but thats not mentioned...
    and remember it's not a rampant growth, it is cycling and that puts the Land in your Hand, so not as good, as some of you are thinking.
    Quote from Madding
    Unlike Solmancer, I think Fiery Fall is much more than Limited filler. Two colorless mana, instant speed, uncounterable ramping has Standard potential written all over it.

Except this isn't ramping... You're spending two mana to replace a card in your hand with another card in your hand. It's nifty, but it's not Rampant Growth.

Quote from Mr. Stuff
    Except this isn't ramping... You're spending two mana to replace a card in your hand with another card in your hand. It's nifty, but it's not Rampant Growth.

Yeah, I was just correcting that. I'm still under the impression that they're playable though, at least if more 1-2 color control decks sprout up. (And if this is a cycle, which I'm going to assume it is.)
    Nothing amazing among these cards. Maybe sedraxis alchemist has some potential though, he doesnt seem so bad if he is a zombie and gains extra benefits from death baron and lord of the undead.
    Last edited by MTGS_User34654: 12/20/2008 8:26:06 AM

Fiery Fall 5R

Instant/Sorcery (?)

Deals 5 damage to target Creature.

Basic-Land-Cycling 2

Maybe worth playing for the cycling alone, even in non-red decks?

Exploding Borders 2RG

Sorcery

Search your library for a Basic land Card and put that card into play tapped.
    Deals X damage to target player, where X is the number of Basic Land types you control

Maybe, but is it worth paying 2 extra mana for 2-3 damage that can't hit a creature?

Fusion Elemental WUBRG

Creature - Elemental ?

8/8

Great, just what 5-color control needed, an undercosted 8/8.
    It's very interesting to see that Domain is coming back. And indeed, if Barry's Land makes the cut, this could be a highly interesting set, not to mention the fact that all the previous Domain cards just became even better! I like Kekeke
    So, exploding borders is a tribal flames+rampart growth... not bad, i like it! (In a naya deck with a extra swamp for supercycling resounding thunder, is nice - pauper yah!)
    I believe that alchemist if 1RB (red bouncing? okay, black don't bouce too...), is a strange man'o'war that bounces a bit more...
    Fiery Fall isn't exciting... the cost is too high, the cycling is 'resonable'.. (did anyone notices that the last cyclable cards released by wizards have costs too high to be playable?)
    The elemental... for a rainbow creature, is ok to be 8/8... but is just vanilla? no haste? trample? flying?

ok, domain-like spell returns... since most of the decks runs only nonbasic lands (or up to 2 basic lands types)... everything is possible...
    I hope Barry's Land makes it in as a common, that would be so sweet for peasant Smile Exploding Borders better be a common too!

* Onderzeeboot crosses fingers
    WIE DE SCHOEN PAST TREKKE HEM AAN
    Oooh, finally some spoiled cards from CON! It's a good christmas present for me.

As for the single cards:

The 5c elemental: boring. We have hord of notion as 5c beater in elementals. I certainly didn't feel the urge to have this.

The Alchemist is really cool, reminds me of man-o-war, certainly situational but probably definitive in the right deck. It's a legged boomerang, will certainly see some play.

Fiery fall is defenetly awesomesauce for limited material. It's a manafixer for any color, and a removal for big guys.

Exploding borders is limited nuts too. I don't think that will see play other than that format.

Nice start, btw. I seriously wanted to see some limited nuts for this set.
    Quote from Jedit
    Success is no proof of quality. It's much more likely to be proof of mediocrity.

Quote from Green_Lantern
    Now all we need is a U2 3/3 Sliver Creature with "All Slivers you controll gain old Sliver art".
    Alrighty then! let the games begin!

the alchemist is interesting, although he seems like he should be printed as a common, seems good for limited.
    Firey Fall is gonna be another awesome card for limited.
    exploding borders.....is really cool! I usually don't like domain cards but this is pretty interesting, if they are going to do domain in this set I think it should be done in very creative ways like this.
    as for fusion elemental, I really hope that is not entirely accurate. I was hoping for something much more creative than that.
    a small sentence for you to read while you ignore my post.
    in extended with magus of the moon and blood moon around exploding borders might see some play provided you got the BoP or manamorphose to make it happen. also works well with prismatic omen. I rather like it. It makes me think. The others are ok, the other man-o-war sounds slightly better than the Eventide selkie hedge-mage.
    Verified casual combo player
    "I feel like I haven't done my job unless somebody says, 'How the hell is that supposed to work?'" - Mark Rosewater

Collecting Islands need:
    Unhinged & Unglued
    Arena: Donato Giancola, Tony Szczudlo, Anson Maddocks, John Avon (ravnica)
    European Land Program: Ben Thompsom, Eric Peterson, Ben Thompson
    Fifth Edition J. W. Frost Islands foil
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes