Mox Pearl alternate art: MTG.com Arcana

I also think this should be printed as a one-of Mox Pearl card and given to the winner. That would be a lot cooler.
    Winner of week 43
    I have a strong feeling that this is nothing more than the artwork. That black lotus alternate several years ago didn't turn out to be a card.
    Quote from teemfubu »
    I have a strong feeling that this is nothing more than the artwork. That black lotus alternate several years ago didn't turn out to be a card.

IT IS NOTHING more than the artwork. Everyone agrees with that(and wizards is very clear) a few of us were just making editorial comments.

(you know the kind of editoriel comment you wish someone at WotC would finally READ and do Dzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiii.......glonk ! (brain engine slowly getting into gear)....and (after a certain laps of time) say "hey, say Warren, maybe we could do these as prizecards !"instead of just doing some bloody pointless art for bloody nothing --I may be a frenchman but somethings cab really make me veeeery british :p!!)

visit my site at www.lollypop-power.net !!!:p
    Well, the version duckman posted is an absolutely breathtaking piece of art!
    Last edited by Calendril: 6/21/2006 4:04:06 PM
    Quote from teemfubu »

Does anyone still has that artwork?

So we have Black Lotus, Ancestral Recall and Mox Pearl. Next year Mox Emerald or Timewalk?
    Screw all of the new formatting - i want to see this art oldschool, Alpha corners and everything...

/sits back and watches the theoretical price go even higher....

Modern: Dominium Eminens
    Legacy: UB Tezz (Check out My Primer at TheSource)
    Vinitage: Stax.

Oh yeah, and I judge. Alot.
    Quote from Shauku »

So we have Black Lotus, Ancestral Recall and Mox Pearl. Next year Mox Emerald or Timewalk?
    Thats what I want to know the black lotus would be alsome!:)
    Quote from Shauku »

Here it is its really awesome
    http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/crushart/galleries/prof_11.html#
    Quote from Shauku »

From what I can gather, the artwork that was given out so far are: Black Lotus (2003), Timetwister (2004), Ancestral Recall (2005), Mox Pearl (2006). I can't find a good image for alternate art of Ancestral Recall, so I mocked up the other three in the new card frames.

I know this thread is about the artwork and not the card, but I thought others might be curious to see it in the card frame.

As for the new art for Mox Pearl, I love it. It looks amazing, epecially the color of the skin and the amount of detail in the painting. Even his sketch is truly a sight to behold. I would love to get a print of it and hang it in my studio.

For those who want to see the other two original artwork:
    Timetwister
    Ancestral Recall

ATTACHMENTS
    • black-lotus_sml
    • timetwister_sml
    • mox-pearl_sml
    Last edited by duckman: 6/21/2006 7:07:23 PM
    Is this ancestral art big enough? I think the porportions might be off slightly (taken from a pic of the real thing, and did some skewing, etc). It would be cool to have this as a card ^_^.

Also, where are people getting the unedited (without a magic card on top) pic of the pearl art? I can't seem to find it.
    ATTACHMENTS
    • Recall
    Quote from Grapes17 »
    Is this ancestral art big enough? I think the porportions might be off slightly (taken from a pic of the real thing, and did some skewing, etc). It would be cool to have this as a card ^_^.

Also, where are people getting the unedited (without a magic card on top) pic of the pearl art? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks for the pic. Couldn't find one large enough online.

As for the pic of the pearl art without the magic card, I couldn't find it online as well, so I photoshopped it myself and took out the magic card.
    ATTACHMENTS
    • ancestral_sml
    Quote from duckman »
    Thanks for the pic. Couldn't find one large enough online.

As for the pic of the pearl art without the magic card, I couldn't find it online as well, so I photoshopped it myself and took out the magic card.

Good job on the recall (and pearl too), pretty good for a picture from a digital camera. Glad a got a couple snaps of that while I was at gencon.
    too bad theyre all on their reserve list which means we will never get them in new borders unless someone makes fraud ones Grin

thanks Spiral
    ...Member of the Forum Pirates...
    Magic Coffee House Visit us sometime..

EXTENDO!?

2nd Adopted Child of Sneakyhomunculus

Grin
    Quote from MoNtReAl freak »
    too bad theyre all on their reserve list which means we will never get them in new borders unless someone makes fraud ones

Or if they give away promo versions.
    Quote from _MeaN_MachinE_
    This threat is for real!?

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes