This post will be used for updating the Avacyn Restored (set key AVR) spoiler for Magic Workstation. This thread will also be edited to contain directions and tips for public editing on the spoiler. If you use my version to form your own spoiler, please credit me.
Disclaimer: MTGSalvation nor Memnarch holds any responsibility for any damage caused by this unofficial patch. By using it, you acknowledge the fact that there might be problems along the way.
Alright, folks. This is now the one and only Avacyn Restored MWS spoiler on MTGSalvation. All others will be locked on sight. Also, please do not use this thread for anything other than discussion of this spoiler. MWS discussion belongs in the stickied Official MWS Thread.
04/14/2012: Created the patch up to 55 cards, basic lands included. 04/16/2012: Added up to 61 cards, fixed the mana costs on the multicolored angel cycle. 04/18/2012: Added up to 79 cards, still deciding on which untranslated spoilers to add. 04/20/2012: Added up to 94 cards. 04/22/2012: Version 1.0 complete, with full Image Spoiler provided by WotC. Now fixed rarities and artist-rarity inversion from 1:30AM.
1. Get a Back-Up Master Base.
2. Put MWS in Deck Edit Mode.
3a. Click on the Library (Top Panel or Left Panel), save.
3b. Analyze/Add/Remove Sets
4. Add Avacyn Restored with key AVR.
5. This should say added 1-244 cards.
6. Click a card in the left hand column (top), from the library, then go to File, Save Deck/Library.
7. Here it still wont work and gives the error. So close MWS, then reopen it. This seems to do the trick for me. Sorry if this is patronizing but it's all I did.
Just extract the AVR folder from the AVR.rar file and put it into your Pics folder, where MWS is installed.
For those who have difficulties installing AVR Text Spoiler :
- open MWS and open a Master Base. Select that base by clicking on any card in the Master Base cards list window.
- in the menu bar, click on Tools tab > Analyze/Add/Remove Sets...
- in the opened window, go on Add New Edition tab.
- Fill the fields : Edition Name = Avacyn Restored / Edition Key = AVR / tick "Get data from text spoiler" and seek Memnarch's file on your computer. Then just click Next Page twice.
- when the operation is over, you will be told that 244 cards were added. Reselect Master Base list window, Save Current Base/Deck.
Update: I will eschew updating cards with untranslated names, since if I use placeholder names, I have to set the proper number, and it clearly has to change once we confirm it. I will try to have a tentative update after the next wave of spoilers tonight.
nice job with the patch as well as the pictures to go along with it, however I am not understanding the directions for the txt file in order to add it to my masterdatabase. Is there anyway you could dumb it down a bit. The pictures instructions was really easy but I am having a hard time finding out how to actually add the txt file to the masterdatabase with your directions =(