Vindicate

Vindicate

What event in the story does the artwork/flavor text on the card Vindicate (not judge foil) represent?
    Quote from Bottle Gnomes
    Vindicate

What event in the story does the artwork/flavor text on the card Vindicate (not judge foil) represent?

The artwork is the first activation of the Legacy, in which the Null Moon was tapped for approximately 10,000 years worth of collected ambient white mana and linked to the Weatherlight as it plunged into Yawgmoth.

The flavor text really seems like it's more referencing the FINAL activation of the Legacy, when Urza's eyes were placed into Karn and the weatherlight and most of her crew were fused into Karn, releasing an enormous explosion of power.
    So, that's the Weatherlight in the lower right corner, shooting a beam of white mana into...what? Some kind of ship?
    Quote from Bottle Gnomes
    So, that's the Weatherlight in the lower right corner, shooting a beam of white mana into...what? Some kind of ship?

More the weatherlight riding a blast of white mana down into Yawgmoth.
    The object in the upper corner is the control center of the Null Moon.
    Hmm, so the Weatherlight is flying towards the viewer? Or away from them? And Yawgmoth is not pictured?
    I believe the Weatherlight is flying towards the viewer.
    They punched the ship straight through the Null Moon so the explosions behind it would imply they are exiting the Null Moon.
    Quote from King Pun
    I was going to equip my third sword of war and peace on one of my creatures but my opponent said that was illegal because my creature only has 2 arms.

Reckless Waif; It's the red Delver of Secrets.
    Quote from Necrosed
    Waif first. It's pretty much a red Delver of Secrets.

I always thought that was the Weatherlight destroying Predator.
    I do NOT recommend CCGHouse.com

The Walking Dead - Legacy
    Trade me for my Tundra and U. Sea!
    [red]If you sent me 2 Theros Thoughtseize, please PM me immediately.[/red]
    Quote from Krimson Viper
    I always thought that was the Weatherlight destroying Predator.

The Predator was destroyed, and its crew routed, back during Planeshift.
    Quote from Bottle Gnomes
    Hmm, so the Weatherlight is flying towards the viewer? Or away from them? And Yawgmoth is not pictured?

Quote from Vermy
    I believe the Weatherlight is flying towards the viewer.
    They punched the ship straight through the Null Moon so the explosions behind it would imply they are exiting the Null Moon.

"No, Player" said Urza "you are the Yawgmoth".
    Last edited by Megatron: 9/20/2012 5:49:04 AM
    Correct me if I am wrong, Also remember that Yawgy boy was a giant nano cloud at this point.

Quote from trancekat
    Here's how you win with Battle of Wits.

Have it on the field, as well as Opalescence. Proceed to beat face with your Battle of Wits, prefferably with Quietus Spike
    Quote from togepi
    Correct me if I am wrong, Also remember that Yawgy boy was a giant nano cloud at this point.

Just a cloud of black mana, not anything technological.
    Quote from Barinellos
    Just a cloud of black mana, not anything technological.

At this point I kinda picture Yawgy like the Smoke-monster from LOST.
    Quote from Thrawnkkar

We'll just see whos right, Wizards or the Mexicans.

Quote from Guardman
    WotC hates humans, I mean they don't even employee any. Rosewater is a hobbit, Gottlieb is a gremlin, and Brian David Marshall is apparently some sort of sexy beast.

Attitudes like this are what is killing Magic: The Gathering:
    Quote from coyotemoon722
    I can't be bothered sharpieing a checklist.
    With all respect I'm going to have to disagree with Barinellos and say the object the Weatherlight's shooting at is the 'crown' of what used to be Rath Peak, above the Stronghold, which of course was overlaid onto Urborg. (compare to Terrain Generator or this concept art.
    Last edited by KavuMonarch: 9/23/2012 4:51:01 AM
    Thou shalt not have others of the same Legendary or Planeswalker before me
    Thou shalt not frame images with the modern card face
    Thou shalt not change rules in vain
    Remember the Reserved List to keep it holy
    Honor thy Slivers and the symmetry of their abilities
    Thou shalt not kill mana burn
    Thou shalt not sacrifice depth for accessibility
    Thou shalt not steal combat damage from the stack
    Thou shalt tell a story through thy cards
    Thou shalt not covet anything that is Ravnica's
    Quote from KavuMonarch
    With all respect I'm going to have to disagree with Barinellos and say the object the Weatherlight's shooting at is the 'crown' of what used to be Mount Rath, above the Stronghold, which of course was overlaid onto Urborg. (compare to Terrain Generator or this concept art.

The only thing about that is the fact that the weatherlight is still facing the camera, which means it is flying away from what it is supposedly shooting.
    Quote from Barinellos
    The only thing about that is the fact that the weatherlight is still facing the camera, which means it is flying away from what it is supposedly shooting.

Well, ships often have rear gun placements. Gotta cover your rear end somehow, after all. Wasn't it mentioned the Weatherlight had them somewhere in the books? I'll go check...
    Thou shalt not have others of the same Legendary or Planeswalker before me
    Thou shalt not frame images with the modern card face
    Thou shalt not change rules in vain
    Remember the Reserved List to keep it holy
    Honor thy Slivers and the symmetry of their abilities
    Thou shalt not kill mana burn
    Thou shalt not sacrifice depth for accessibility
    Thou shalt not steal combat damage from the stack
    Thou shalt tell a story through thy cards
    Thou shalt not covet anything that is Ravnica's
    Quote from KavuMonarch
    Well, ships often have rear gun placements. Gotta cover your rear end somehow, after all. Wasn't it mentioned the Weatherlight had them somewhere in the books? I'll go check...

Squee covered the rear guns. Surprising everyone with it too.
    That being said, it still makes no sense to be targeting the mountain since the Stronghold was destroyed not just once, but twice.
    When the Predator crashed and then again when the Stone Dwarves caused the volcano to erupt.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes