Bestow???

So.. whats the official rule on Bestow??? (Forgive me if this topic is already on the forum, I was unable to find it.)

I take it to mean that if a creature you are enchanting with the "enchantment creature" is destroyed before it resolves it still enters the battlefield as a creature?? This is due to the text on the card at the end saying "It becomes a creature again if it's not attached to a creature". Any thoughts... Thanks.
    Yes, that's the current rule for bestow.
    Trade Thread (Retired)
    I read Matt Tabak blog, where he quote new rules version regarding Bestow

New rule 702.102d will make aura spell cease to be aura spell, and resolve as creature spell from that point on
    DCI Rules Advisor

Modern
    :symwu::symwu::symwu: Aurantress

Type II
    :symuw::symuw::symuw: Detention control
    :symrw::symrw::symrg: RWg Boros wheenie

:symug::symug::symug: UGw Simic Evolve Control
    :symbu::symbu::symbu: Dimir Mill
    :symgw::symwb::symbg:"Doran"(Junk) Aggro-Reanimator

Rakdos Rakdos Demon Tribal
    Quote from MopDa
    I read Matt Tabak blog, where he quote new rules version regarding Bestow

New rule 702.102d will make aura spell cease to be aura spell, and resolve as creature spell from that point on

I hadn't seen that...do you have a link?
    http://tabakrules.tumblr.com/post/60784745505/i-bestow-upon-thee-a-gift
    DCI Rules Advisor

Modern
    :symwu::symwu::symwu: Aurantress

Type II
    :symuw::symuw::symuw: Detention control
    :symrw::symrw::symrg: RWg Boros wheenie

:symug::symug::symug: UGw Simic Evolve Control
    :symbu::symbu::symbu: Dimir Mill
    :symgw::symwb::symbg:"Doran"(Junk) Aggro-Reanimator

Rakdos Rakdos Demon Tribal
    A curiosity, does the bestow card retain its creature type the whole time, an be targeted by cards such as doom blade and essence scatter?

AzoriusAnd when things start to happen,Azorius
    don't worry. Don't stew.
    Just go right along.
    You'll start happening too.

OH!
    THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!
    Quote from Uii
    A curiosity, does the bestow card retain its creature type the whole time, an be targeted by cards such as doom blade and essence scatter?
    The answer is implied, if not stated, in the reminder text; "If you cast this card for its bestow cost, it's an Aura spell with enchant creature. It becomes a creature again if it's not attached to a creature." Cards such as Doom Blade cannot affect Bestow cards when their bestow costs are paid and are thus Auras (and Auras only). As soon as they become detached from a creature, however, they are fair game for Doom Blade, as they will then become creatures.

Essence Scatter cannot affect a Bestow card when a Bestow card's bestow cost is paid, because it will then be an Aura spell, not an Aura and creature spell.

Cards do not possess creature/tribal types unless they are creatures or tribal cards.
    Last edited by 9909: 9/14/2013 10:11:38 AM
    Quote from Uii

The Wizards article on the mechanics of Theros specifically notes that if you pay the bestow cost on one of these creature enchantments, it is NEVER a creature spell while being cast. Hence Essence Scatter cannot effect it.
    http://mtgsalvation.com/1306-off-topic-commander-theory.html
    New to Commander? Read the Above article.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes