Jeleva Nephalia's Scourge

So I was just wondering if I play Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge and there are a bunch of spells exiled that I could play.

If she dies and I play her again from my command zone she will exile more cards but can I still access the spells exiled when she first came out?

If I flicker her to have more cards exiled can I still access the first set of exiled spells??

Thanks
    Last edited by LlanoWare: 11/5/2013 1:48:07 AM

Big thanks to DNC from Heroes of the Plane Studio for the awesome sig!
    Quote from LlanoWare
    So I was just wondering if I play Jeleva Nephalia's Scourge and there are a bunch of spells exiled that I could play.

If she dies and I play her again from my command zone she will exile more cards but can I still access the spells exiled when she first came out?

If I flicker her to have more cards exiled can I still access the first set of exiled spells??

Thanks

Card tag didn't work. How ever no you can't cast spells exiled by a differant version of the card. And if you flicker her its considered a differant permanent so you camt cast spells exiled by the forst version.
    Reading is tech
    no and no

the cards exiled by the linked ability of the specific game object are only linked to the other ability on that same game obect

if it ever leaves the field the link to the exiled cards is broken and can never be recovered
    DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ

DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
    DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page
    Worse still, if you flicker Jeleva then you spent 0 mana on casting her so when she re-enters the battlefield she'll be a new object and will exile zero cards from every library.
    Regards,
    MT.
    on a similar note, does this mean that tokens (say withtempt with reflections) that are copies also eob with x=0?
    Tokens that are copies of an object with a mana cost will also copy the mana cost. If you make a token copy of Grizzly Bears, the token will have a mana cost of 1G (converted mana cost of 2).

If the token is a copy of something with X mana in its cost, X will generally be 0. If you're copying something like Jeleva, X will be 0 because you didn't cast the token.
    What if you copy her with Clone, I know for cards that have cast triggers it doesn't work because at the time of casting its not that card. But would it work in this case since at the time of ETB it is a Jeleva?
    Host of the ">NYC Magic Meetup Group - Twitter - PucaTrade Want List

EDH Decks:
    B Toshiro Umezawa B
    W Mikaeus, the Lunarch W
    G Azusa, Lost but Seeking G
    UB Grimgrin, Corpse-Born BU
    BGU The Mimeoplasm UGB
    GUW Rubinia Soulsinger WUG
    GRB Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper BRG
    Quote from zer0faults
    What if you copy her with Clone, I know for cards that have cast triggers it doesn't work because at the time of casting its not that card. But would it work in this case since at the time of ETB it is a Jeleva?

If you copy Jeleva with a Clone that was cast, X in Clone Jeleva's first triggered ability will be the amount of mana spent to cast Clone.
    Quote from Comp. rules »

400.7c If an ability of a permanent requires information about choices made as that permanent was cast as a spell, including what mana was spent to cast that spell, it uses information about the spell that became that permanent as it resolved.
    Rules Advisor

My current commanders/EDH generals:
    Cromat
    Derevi
    Marchesa
    Pharika
    Triad of Fates
    Then X would presumably be 4, or whatever amount of mana you got to pay to cast Clone. That it wasn't yet Jelava when you cast it doesn't matter, the ability triggers and when it resolves, it checks what was paid for "this object that is my source" (this is what 'Jeleva' means here in context) as it was a spell.
    DCI Lvl 1 Judge

Madness, My Sadness
    I Am My Own Savior
    -Iced Earth
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes