Double Strike and Trample

If a creature has double strike and trample, and the first strike would kill the creature, would it only trample over once without the second strike?

Also if above is correct, what happens if you would double strike, trample a Fog Bank, and the first strike was more than its toughness, would it trample over only once, or twice? And if it did trample over, would the second strike be the raw power, or deducted amount from the Fog Bank's toughness again?

Also is this the same case if the card that was blocking had protection from the color that was attacking with double strike/trample?
    Quote from GolgiApp
    If a creature has double strike and trample, and the first strike would kill the creature, would it only trample over once without the second strike?

No it would still deal damage in the normal combat damage step and as there is no longer anything in front of it deal full damage to the defending player/planeswalker.

Also if above is correct, what happens if you would double strike, trample a Fog Bank, and the first strike was more than its toughness, would it trample over only once, or twice? And if it did trample over, would the second strike be the raw power, or deducted amount from the Fog Bank's toughness again?

Since the damage assigned to fog bank was prevented you will still need to assign lethal damage to it again in the normal combat damage step.

Also is this the same case if the card that was blocking had protection from the color that was attacking with double strike/trample?

Again with protection the damage assigned is prevented so does not occure. You will need to assign lethal damage to the blocker again in the normal combat damage step.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and start slitting throats.
    - H.L Mencken

I Became insane with long Intervals of horrible Sanity

All Religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination and poetry.
    - Edgar Allan Poe

The Crafters' Rules Guru

My helpdesk
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes