tapping enchantment

does tapping an enchantment count as casting a spell?

can the card intet, the dreamer ability be tapping more than 3 mana?

if a creature has shroud and is tapped can sunburst angle kill it?

if a creature is shroud does it mean equipment cannot affect it? such as giving it attack or first strike etc.

if someone was to play a instant/sorcery to destroy my enchantment fable of wolf and owl on his/her turn and i play an instant snakeform, do i get the tokens?

does playing snakeform allow me to get both token from the enchantment fable of wolf and owl?

thank you for your time

Please use cardtags in the future and keep your questions to one subject per thread. ~parinoid
    Last edited by parinoid: 4/22/2012 9:59:59 PM
    1. If you mean cards like Flowstone Embrace, then no.
    2. You can only use his ability once per connected hit.
    3. Yes, Sunblast Angel doesn't target.
    4. You cannot give equipment to a target with shroud since attaching it targets.
    5. Yes. Snakeform triggers the Fable of Wolf and Owl which would resolve before your opponents spell, assuming there's at least one creature in play that's a legal target for it.
    6. Yes, it is green and it is blue.
    Last edited by Ixias: 4/22/2012 6:46:36 PM
    Level 1 Judge

This is what happens when 57 people decide to draft Modern Masters all at once in a single pod.

Quote from synack
    T1 Faithless Looting, Drop [Loxodon Smiter], T2 start pounding for 4
    1. Tapping something is not a spell.
    2. Not sure what you are asking here, but i think it is if you can do it more than once per damage. The answer is no, it only triggers once for each time you deal combat damage.
    3 No, as equipping targets.
    4. Yes sunblast angel does not target
    5. Yes as when you cast the spell, the enchantment triggers and it resolves before anything else does, giving you the tokens.
    6.Yes, as it is both blue and green.
    ]
    Quote from robinas1
    does tapping an enchantment count as casting a spell?
    Only casting a spell counts as casting a spell. Most often, that means playing a nonland card from your hand, but special effects can have you cast a card from an other zone, or a copy of a card. Those effects will use the words "cast" (a spell) or "play" (a card) in the Oracle (official, up-to-date) wording.

Quote from robinas1
    can the card intet, the dreamer ability be tapping more than 3 mana?
    Intet, the Dreamer
    Not for a single instance of her dealing combat damage, no. When you deal combat damage to a player with her, her ability triggers. As it resolves, you may pay 2U or not, and if you do, you exile a card from the top of your library. You cannot pay more.

Quote from robinas1
    if a creature has shroud and is tapped can sunburst angle kill it?

Yes. The ability of Sunburst Angel doesn't use the word 'target', so Shroud doesn't do anything against it.

Quote from robinas1
    if a creature is shroud does it mean equipment cannot affect it? such as giving it attack or first strike etc.
    No, it just means that it cannot be the target of spells or abilities, things that use the actual word 'target', either on the card or in the rules in the case of some keywords such as Equip. If it has shroud and it is not already equipped, the Equip ability of an equipment cannot target it, but if it gains shroud while an equipment is already attached legally, the equipment remains attached and gives it whatever bonuses and abilities it says it does. Otherwise, Lightning Greaves and Whispersilk Cloak would not make much sense.

Quote from robinas1
    if someone was to play a instant/sorcery to destroy my enchantment fable of wolf and owl on his/her turn and i play an instant snakeform, do i get the tokens?

does playing snakeform allow me to get both token from the enchantment fable of wolf and owl?
    Yes and yes. You playing a blue and green spell such as Snakeform triggers both abilities of Fable of Wolf and Owl. It doesn't even matter if your opponent responds to that with something that would destroy the Fable rather than the other way around since once an ability has triggered, it is independant from its source. Destroying the enchantment in response doesn't remove its triggered abilities from the stack, you still get tokens.
    Last edited by MadMageQc: 4/22/2012 6:52:26 PM
    DCI Lvl 1 Judge

Madness, My Sadness
    I Am My Own Savior
    -Iced Earth
    for question 1 its witch's mist also can i activate it even on opponents turn?
    and creatures with regenerate can you activate its ability when its on opponents turn?
    Quote from robinas1
    and creatures with regenerate can you activate its ability when its on opponents turn?
    Yes and yes. You can activate abilities anytime you have priority (i.e. anytime you could cast an instant spell) unless it is specified otherwise. Equip can only be activated anytime you could cast a sorcery spell, for example, because it is specified in the rules for the keyword, but Witch's Mist's ability and all abilities of the type '[cost]:regenerate [this]' on existing cards have no such restriction.
    DCI Lvl 1 Judge

Madness, My Sadness
    I Am My Own Savior
    -Iced Earth
    Quote from robinas1

You may activate a regeneration ability essentially any time you have priority.

Regeneration text is ruled as "the next time this creature would take lethal damage". This is so that it properly interacts with stack order & resolves.

You can regenerate for no reason at any time you may play an ability.
    You can regenerate as a response to something that would have killed it.
    You can regenerate ahead of time, knowing it may die.
    i have a card called war's toll which effect is whenever my opponent taps a land tap all land that player controls does that mean that my opponent can tap all land and play 3 spell straight away or can he/she only cast one spell and all land is tapped?
    Quote from robinas1
    i have a card called war's toll which effect is whenever my opponent taps a land tap all land that player controls does that mean that my opponent can tap all land and play 3 spell straight away or can he/she only cast one spell and all land is tapped?
    They can play the 3 spells straight away; War's Toll just forces them to activate mana abilities of all their lands or lose the chance for those lands for this turn. They can put all the mana that their lands can produce in their mana pool in reponse to War's Toll's ability, then use that mana to cast the maximum number of spells they can, in the step or phase the game currently is since mana vanishes from mana pools at the end of every step and phase.
    DCI Lvl 1 Judge

Madness, My Sadness
    I Am My Own Savior
    -Iced Earth
    Quote from robinas1

He would be forced to add the mana to his mana pool now (by tapping them) and then using that mana before the current phase or step ends. The mana in his pool would then be emptied. So yes, he could essentially cast 3 spells, so long as hes not leaving the current step or phase.

edit: oops, too slow
    can someone play unsummon card on a creature that has shroud that i just summoned?

mercy killing card can it target a creature with shroud since it says target creatures controller scarifies it and do i get to pick the target?
    Last edited by robinas1: 4/22/2012 7:11:30 PM
    Quote from robinas1
    can someone play unsummon on a creature that has shroud that i just summoned?

mercy killing card can it target a creature with shroud since it says target creatures controller scarifies it and do i get to pick the target?

You cannot target a creature with shroud specifically.

Thus you cannot target it with Unsummon or similar spells. You cannot target a shrouded creature with mercy killing.

Yes, you choose the target when it says target creature. Mercy Killing is a little unique; most spot removal cards of this nature don't force a sacrafice. But since its a sacrafice, it can remove creatures that are indestructible or creatures that have regeneration.
    if i combine the card war's toll and manabarbs, if a player has 10 mana does it do 10 damage to him/her?
    Quote from robinas1
    if i combine the card war's toll and manabarbs, if a player has 10 mana does it do 10 damage to him/her?

Only if he taps it for mana. If he doesn't, and lets war's toll tap it, then I believe he does not take the damage. Someone else might have a more solid answer.
    Quote from YamahaR1
    Only if he taps it for mana. If he doesn't, and lets war's toll tap it, then I believe he does not take the damage. Someone else might have a more solid answer.
    Confirmed. Manabarbs only triggers when a player taps a land for mana. Being tapped by War Toll's ability is not being tapped for mana.
    DCI Lvl 1 Judge

Madness, My Sadness
    I Am My Own Savior
    -Iced Earth
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes