man lands and summoning sickness

Simply put, can an inkmoth nexus attack the turn it was put into play? My cockatrice opponent seems to think it can.
    No
    its a creature you didnt control since the beginning of your turn and unless you give it haste, it cant attack nor tap for other abilities, including mana abilities
    Quote from strider445
    Simply put, can an inkmoth nexus attack the turn it was put into play? My cockatrice opponent seems to think it can.
    No, it cannot.

A creature suffers from summoning sickness if it came under its current controller's control between the time that player most recently started a turn and now.

Since the Nexus entered the battlefield this turn, it must have come under its controller's control since the start of the turn. Therefore it suffers from summoning sickness.
    Lapsed Rules Adviser.
    The simplest way I've heard it described is like this: All permanents have summoning sickness. It only affects creatures.

Therefore, something that can become a creature (or something that normally can't) like Inkmoth Nexus or Gideon Jura will have summoning sickness regardless of whether or not it does become a creature.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes