Emrakul, the Aeons Torn VS. Oblivion ring & Jace

This was a serious debate last night,figure I'd try here until the official ruling comes down. I have an Emrakul, the Aeons Torn in play, you cast Oblivion Ring , Since O ring doesn't target it as it's coming into play, and is only having the player remove something when it comes into play (at which point it is no longer an enchantment spell, it is simply an enchantment) Can O ring Take Emrakul out? Can the same thing happen for a Jace bouncing it back to hand?
    O ring and Jace's abilities are not colored spells, they are colored abilities, and hit him just fine.
    Quote from Sigma-X
    O ring and Jace's abilities are not colored spells, they are colored abilities abilities of colored permanents, and hit him just fine.

With the noted correction, this is right. Oblivion Ring and the second ability of Jace, the Mind Sculptor are both able to target and affect Emrakul.
    DCI Rules Advisor
    The single most useful link for Magic: Rules Resources
    Edit

Sorry, misread, you were right.
    "To distract an Archmage would take incredible power. But for a simpleton, something sparkly will do."

Whats the big deal about Black Lotus? Well you see, there isn't one, Black Lotus is The Big Deal.
    So Is O ring the only colored spell with an ability that can take Emrakul out?

I can only assume that they printed the big monster with the hope that once he was cast he'd be difficult to get rid of.

Currently Playing Casual:
    BG Death March Deluxe,R Red Bull Elementals,G Garruk's Quillspikes,B Demigod's Hallowe'en,U Classic Fae,W Kithkin
    Quote from billcosby
    So Is O ring the only colored spell with an ability that can take Emrakul out?

I can only assume that they printed the big monster with the hope that once he was cast he'd be difficult to get rid of.

There's a lot. For example, Executioner's Capsule, Shriekmaw, Bone Shredder, Seal of Doom, Visara the Dreadful, and other permanents that have an activated/trigger ability that destroy permanents.
    GW Maverick
    Also journey to nowhere
    So just for the sake of conversation, had Emrakul been printed with "protection from colored spells and abilities" he might be showing up in a lot of competitive decklists?

Kind of amazed he's so easy to get rid of. All these removal techniques posted are costed at 1-3 mana.

Currently Playing Casual:
    BG Death March Deluxe,R Red Bull Elementals,G Garruk's Quillspikes,B Demigod's Hallowe'en,U Classic Fae,W Kithkin
    If im not mistaken, mass removal such as day of judgment also take out emrakul
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes