mountain walk

i was playing dotp in a 2hg match. i was playing against elspeth and chandra.
    in the game chandra played a goblin king and i had a raging goblin. the goblin king made my raging goblin a 2/2 with mountainwalk. i attacked and chandra blocked with her goblin king. but what i was thinking was that because it had mountainwalk and chandra had a mountain. how could she block it??
    red mana goblins burn
    :symu::symb: mill
    :symr::symg::symw: naya-genitus
    black mana team edward
    :symw::symu::symb::symr::symg: harvest time
    blue mana jaces leviathan
    goblin king

She couldn't, it's a bug.
    Area judge (Level 2)
    Huge Greg Staples fan.

There is a Pony thread in the Speakeasy
    Current Sundial count:476.
    W/U mana W/U mana W/U mana W/U mana W/U mana
    Quote from Edsger Dijkstra »
    The question of whether Machines Can Think... is about as relevant as the question of whether Submarines Can Swim.
    Quote from Condor
    Close is indeed good enough in hand grenades, horseshoes, and shuffling.
    Currently Trending on Equestria Daily: Ponies.
    thats what i thaught, cost me the game that did
    red mana goblins burn
    :symu::symb: mill
    :symr::symg::symw: naya-genitus
    black mana team edward
    :symw::symu::symb::symr::symg: harvest time
    blue mana jaces leviathan
    Mountainwalk (This creature is unblockable as long as defending player controls a Mountain.)

Unless you didn't notice something (Like not attacking to Chandra but to Elspeth.) We can assume that is a bug.. But is it really a bug? I mean haven't they tested the game in such a situation? (What a crappy game...)
    <System> Player Lost
    Quote from SwordSkill
    Mountainwalk (This creature is unblockable as long as defending player controls a Mountain.)

Unless you didn't notice something (Like not attacking to Chandra but to Elspeth.) We can assume that is a bug.. But is it really a bug? I mean haven't they tested the game in such a situation? (What a crappy game...)

this would be no different. if one player has a mountain and you control a mountain-walker, the TEAM can't block.

806.7d. As the declare blockers step begins, the defending team declares blockers. Creatures controlled by the defending players can block any attacking creatures. The defending team has one combined block, and that set of blocking creatures must be legal as a whole. See rule 509.1.
    Example: If an attacking creature has forestwalk and either player on the defending team controls a Forest, the creature can't be blocked.
    MTG Rules Advisor as of 9/29/09
    Quote from Kroma
    Get some manners you ignorant jerks...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes