Legality of Duel Decks

I just bought myself the Garruck vs. Liliana Duel Deck, and I was wondering what format are these cards legal in?
    You would have to compare the cards to the format lists. I know Jace from Chandra and Jace isn't even playable I think? Or at least you'd have to cut some cards. I don't know the exact cards in Liliana and Garruk, but I'd assume it couldn't be played in standard and maybe extended.
    The decks themselves aren't Extended-legal, though they are legal in older formats. The printing of the cards in these decks doesn't modify their legality; for example, you may use a Garruk Wildspeaker or an Overrun you opened in the Duel Decks in Standard, as they are standard legal, as those cards were printed in M10. However, you can't use a Vine Trellis in Standard, as the last printing of that was back in 8th Edition. The card is thus legal in formats where the original printing was.
    My music on YouTube
    Quote from Moatilliatta
    You would have to compare the cards to the format lists. I know Jace from Chandra and Jace isn't even playable I think? Or at least you'd have to cut some cards. I don't know the exact cards in Liliana and Garruk, but I'd assume it couldn't be played in standard and maybe extended.

Jace is Standard-legal, as he's in Magic 2010. As long as a card with the same name exists in a set legal in the format you're interested in, you can use the Duel Deck cards. This is true for any black- or white-bordered card - which printing you use doesn't matter, only that there is a currently legal printing of the card.
    Jace is playable, he was printed in 2010 so he's still standard legal and the same for Chandra. For other cards you've have to check them out on gatherer or mtginfo to see what format they are legal in.
    Thanks everyone Smile
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes