What Promo Cards Are Tourney Legal?

Was just looking for a rundown of what promotional cards are legal. Textless, PR promo foils, arena alt art foils, ect ect.

For instance, I have 2 M10 Promo Vampire Nocturni (yes that's the correct pluralization.....probably) and I have this feeling they are gonna spike when Zen comes ou. If I need to buy 4 reg ones instead of two, I'd like to know in advance! I don't play much constructed, but who can honestly pass up mono black vamps!
    Playing since 1994. Competing since 2004.
    How you should approach every game of Magic.
    Mod Helpdesk
    My Flawless Score MCC Card | My Other One | # Three!
    Quote from Dire Wombat
    Don't worry Pseudofate, we still love you. No state-based action will ever cause you to become unattached from our hearts.

Quote from S1yDevi1
    Not gonna lie, this made me go half chub.

Quote from DeftJackal
    Lol, only the limited forum would have a thread saying to be nicer to the trolls.
    Promotional cards are legal in whatever formats the original cards are available in.

Quote from bert
    Promotional cards are legal in whatever formats the original cards are available in.

Nitpick: This is true as long as the promo card in question has a black or white border. (For example, Collector's Edition and World Championship cards, which have a gold border, are not tournament legal)
    DCI Level 2 Judge
    I don't really consider Collector's Edition/International Edition or Champion decks to be "promotional cards" - I assumed the OP meant stuff like the Noctunus, Ant Queen, FNM cards, etc.

As long as the card is legal in standard, and has a white or black border, you should be fine. If in doubt, ask your Head Judge.
    Thanks to High~Light Studios for the awesome sig! Thanks, spiderboy!
    Quote from Guy From My FNM »
    Your blocker dies to my Raking Canopy. He's "attacking" in the opposite direction.

My Trade List
    Any card that has the regular Magic back and black or white border is tourney legal (barring format considerations).
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes