First Strike vs Death Touch

Just to make sure, If something with First Strike attacked something with Deathtouch, then the thing with First Strike won't be destroyed but the thing with Deathtouch will (assuming it blocks)?
    Assuming that the First Strike damage is lethal, correct. Creatures with First Strike and Deathtouch are nigh unstoppable in combat. I wouldn't say it's correct terminology to say a creature attacked another, more that a creature blocked/was blocked by another creature.
    EDH Lists Hazezon's Legion|Wander for Value|Sedris the Entertainer
    Kaervek the Friendly|Rasputin, Chief of Police|Edric's Angry Elves|Vish Kal, Blutgebieter|Trostani is an Ass
    Linvala's Perfect Angels|Sakashima, Stealer of Games|Geth, the Excise Man|Urabrask the Asshat|Multani, the Lazy Omnath

Pocket knives make good chip clips.
    first strike wins, because it deals lethal damage before the creature with deathtouch could deal anydamage
    Progenitus doesn't have protection from Lighters Grin

Thank you for Kennethwong, for inspiring me to do this sig pic when I was bored.

GENERATION 15: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes