mutavault and Sickness

My turn: I played Mutavault. can I attack with him this turn? Does lands that becomes creatures has sickness?

Thanks,
    Gorgon.
    " Somewhere in her smile she knows
    That I don't need no other lover
    Something in her style that shows me

Don't want to leave her now
    You know I believe her now" - The Beatles.
    You can't attack with it, it does indeed have summoning sickness if you turn it into a creature.
    yes, you werent controling it on begining of the turn, so you cant attack with it
    No, you cannot attack with the Mutavault this turn (nor can you tap it for mana after you make it a creature.) You will have to wait until it begins your turn in play under your control.
    I am no longer on MTGS staff, so please don't contact me asking me to do staff things. :|
    REMOVED DUE TO ERROR

Note that 'summoning sickness' is not really a term, but a shortened concept of a rule that does not allow creatures to attack or tap unless you've controlled it since the beginning of your turn. It only affects creatures.
    Last edited by Absolutionis: 1/24/2008 12:47:13 PM
    If it only affects creatures, then lands don't "have it."

The rule is "Creatures that have not been under your control since the beginning of your most recent turn cannot attack or use abilities with tap symbol in the cost."

When you play mutavault and turn it into a creature, the rule applies, since it is a creature and it has not been under your control since the beginning of your most recent turn.
    Level 1 Judge

Hey, you! Yeah, you behind the computer screen! You're unconstitutional.

America == Velociraptor

Play IRC mafia. (/join #mafia)
    Quote from Sutherlands
    The rule is "Creatures that have not been under your control since the beginning of your most recent turn cannot attack or use abilities with tap symbol in the cost."
    Shouldn't it technically be "Creatures that have not been a permanent under your control since the beginning of your most recent turn cannot attack or use abilities with the tap symbol in the cost"? I only ask this because, if it wasn't, wouldn't it be impossible to attack with Mutavault since it would be impossible to actually control it as a creature since the beginning of your most recent turn? -Jack
    http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/attachments/70/653/635032489214091175.png" onload="if (this.height > 100 ) { this.height=100 }; if (this.width > 600 ) { this.width=600 }" border="0" />
    http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/attachments/70/652/635032489213935173.png" onload="if (this.height > 100 ) { this.height=100 }; if (this.width > 600 ) { this.width=600 }" border="0" />
    Want a cool banner like mine?
    Go to Heroes of the Plane Studios!

Vizzerdrix Count = 183, 3 in Italian, 2 Foil
    What Sutherlands posted is an acceptably abbreviated version of the real rule:

212.3f A creature’s activated ability with the tap symbol in its activation cost can’t be played unless the creature has been under its controller’s control since the start of his or her most recent turn. A creature can’t attack unless it has been under its controller’s control since the start of his or her most recent turn. This rule is informally called the “summoning sickness” rule. Ignore this rule for creatures with haste (see rule 502.5).

It's true that this rule only cares how long the permanent has been in play under your control, and not necessarily how long that permanent has been a creature (only that it is a creature at the time you try to attack or use a T ability).
    I am no longer on MTGS staff, so please don't contact me asking me to do staff things. :|
    Being a "creature that has not been under your control since the beginning of your most recent turn" requires it to be 2 things:
    1) A creature
    2) Has not been under your control since the beginning of your most recent turn

Changing it from a land to a creature changes the first one, but it does not change the second one.
    Level 1 Judge

America == Velociraptor

So in this same way, you cannot activate and attack with a Blinkmoth Nexus you dropped this turn?
    Quote from Goblinboy »
    Genitals = no. -Gob

Thanks to LeGambit for the avvy and banner!

Officially Licensed Cunning PlanTM Creator
    Quote from draygn_mage
    So in this same way, you cannot activate and attack with a Blinkmoth Nexus you dropped this turn?

yes. just like mishra's factory, treetop village, faerie conclave and every other manland
    From what I was taught, everything technically has "summoning sickness", but it only usually matters is if it is a creature. The reason i was taught this way is because of effects like Mutavault or anything else that makes a noncreature a creature.
    No, nothing "technically" has summoning sickness. This was explained in many previous posts.
    Level 1 Judge

America == Velociraptor

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes