What guild will you choose in Gatecrash?

Poll: What guild for Gatecrash?

What guild for Gatecrash? - Single Choice

• Orzhov 24.8%
  • Dimir 16.8%
  • Gruul 15.3%
  • Boros 21.9%
  • Simic 21.2%
    What guild will you choose for the Gatecrash prerelease and why?!?
    *hopefully this isn't a duplicate, I did a search and didnt find any other threads like this for Gatecrash*
    Orzhov because i absolutely love the colour pairing; no other reason really. Angel of Despair is probably my favourite card of all time and i am always cubing B/W
    playing:
    Legacy:
    UDreadstillU
    edh:
    tribal Wort.

CUBE

My Blog about being a terrible teacher
    Orzhov because of church flavor. I'm not religious but I love the flovor of faith based institutions.
    HOLY ****! He's Back! He's back! Once again an avid follower of MrBtongue!
    I'm thinking Simic, I love the combination of blue and green and Simic's flavour.

I was thinking Gruul too, as I love its flavour but I don't really like Bloodrush.
    I'll wait for full spoiler, but Simic is atm my first choice.
    Gruul me.
    Currently Playing ~ RWG Naya Control GWR

Disclaimer: Unless I state otherwise, I'm referring to standard.
    I don't always play sealed, but when I do, I play Naya. So I will be chosing Gruul.
    Quote from PhyrexianExile
    I use the Duels Of The Planeswalkers layout, though I'm right-handed and keep my deck and GY to the left. I dare you to ask me how tempting it is to hold flying creatures in a floating pattern over the table.
    Quote from the gert
    Orzhov because i absolutely love the colour pairing; no other reason really. Angel of Despair is probably my favourite card of all time and i am always cubing B/W

I like the B/W combo as well. I'm just not all that excited with thier guild mechanic.
    Quote from the gert

Same here. For about 8 years now WB has been my color combination. Besides, Deathpact Angel is so very awesome.
    Everything I say about Magic the Gathering is always from the Commander viewpoint.

---------------------------------------------------

Each event is preceded by prophecy, but without the hero, there is no event.
    Can someone give me some input, as this seems to be the place to ask this, What guild works best for me? I love Boros to pieces, and the promo card seems the best out of the 5, but I have heard that alot of people are going boros, and I am afraid any cards I get won't maintain prices very long. My second choice would be Orzhov, yet again alot of people are going there based on the poll above. My third choice would be dimir, just because I want to try a deck using the Cipher ability. I maintain no interest in the other two guilds.
    Thanks for any help.
    green mana

Thanks to Ace of Spades for the awesome signature!!
    Modern:
    :symr::symg::symb:Dredgevine:symb::symg::symr:
    EDH:
    :symw::symr: Gisela, Blade of Goldnight :symr::symw:
    :symb::symr::symg: Kresh, The Bloodbraided:symg::symr::symb:
    :symw::symg:Karametra, God of Harvests:symg::symw:
    Standard:
    This is a tough choice ATM, I need to see more cards before I decide for sure. All I know right now is I won't be playing Boros. I really don't like the mechanic at all, to me it reads "over extend yourself and leave yourself vulnerable in exchange for a small bonus". Just not worth it in my book.

I think Simic could be really powerful but you'd need to get the right curve and hit it perfectly each game. I do however think Simic could be a good way to go as it can splash nicely into Dimir or Grull. But the same can be said for Dimir splashing into Simic or Orzhov.

Last time was much easier. Golgari was clearly the best as their mechanic was really just card advantage and Azorious and Izzet were both terrible. The fact that Golgari could splash into Rakdos or Selesyna nicely just made the choice that much easier. This time it isn't quite as clear.

I need to see more cards. I just hope I can figure it out before all the spots are taken in the early sign up.

Quote from jackad7
    Can someone give me some input, as this seems to be the place to ask this, What guild works best for me? I love Boros to pieces, and the promo card seems the best out of the 5, but I have heard that alot of people are going boros, and I am afraid any cards I get won't maintain prices very long. My second choice would be Orzhov, yet again alot of people are going there based on the poll above. My third choice would be dimir, just because I want to try a deck using the Cipher ability. I maintain no interest in the other two guilds.
    Thanks for any help.

My advice is to pick the guild that will help you win rather than the one that will have the most valuable cards.
    Last edited by sirpsychosexy: 1/4/2013 1:50:57 PM
    This new mtgsalvation sucks Question those who don't question authority.
    420'd
    Simic or Boros. Both my favorite guilds for card and flavor reasons.

Sig by the amazing Rivenor
    Avatar by the one and only DOLZero

What you are about to read the absolute truth about the deck that once nearly killed WotC's revenue.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DallasM
    Caw Blade is based on the ancient powerful strategy of equipping Storm Crow with Worldslayer, blowing everything up, punching your opponent in the face, stealing his cards, and running away. This new deck is a mere shell of the original caw blade's power.
    Dimir. Three reasons:

1. I like the promo card for the guild; at least more so than the other promos (if the Gruul one was a stronger card for EDH, I'd have played that guild instead).

2. The newest guild quiz usually gives me the result of either Golgari or Dimir. Since I went with Golgari in the RTR pre-release, it seems fitting to play Dimir in the upcoming Gatecrash pre-release.

3. I bought the Dimir guild insignia t-shirt from MTGmerch, and I plan on wearing it to the pre-release. Thus if I didn't play Dimir while wearing that t-shirt, why that would just be silly.
    Probably Simic, maybe splashing Dimir/Gruul.

UG is my favorite color combination to play, and Evolve just seems fun.

I also like Dimir, but I'd be afraid of ending up too creature light with all the Cipher spells (and thus not having many dudes to encode).
    I was hoping to play Boros but I dont really like the new keyword they got. I am thinking Gruul or Simic
    UR > BW > UG > GB > UB > BR > Rest

If I go I'll be Orzhov.
    Quote from jdinatale
    I am the complete package, not deficient in any area, and I have many things to offer a potential companion.

This thread.
    And this one.
    EDH is a casual format. You play it to have fun, not to win prizes.
    Atog Saproling Tribal Storm Egg Barren Glory Combo.
    Riku Storm
    At this point I think I'm for Orzhov as well. Not for the guild mechanic, which I find so-so, but for the flavor and the color combo. Tbh I'm not overly excited about any of the upcoming mechanics.
    Dimir for what I should think are pretty obvious reasons. I just freaking love the guild's flavor.

"I am confident that if anyone actually
    penetrates our facades, even the most
    perceptive would still be fundamentally
    unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."

— Szadek Dimir
    Dimir. Always. I have been waiting for this for a while.

Quote from cryogen
    Beaten to the punch. Besides, if people were right all the time, Jivan would be out of a job.

Quote from alblaster
    I swear Jivan you're everywhere, where there are cries about edh. You aren't the spirit that the edh community deserves, but the spirit that the edh community needs.
    Oona-Combo, ">Oona-Control, Wrexial
    Quote from Jivanmukta
    Dimir. Always. I have been waiting for this for a while.

I think the flavor of Dimir is badass! I just really don't like the mechanic.
    Orzhov.

I like clerical institutions, and while being a bank is a downside, none of the other guilds can compare to Orzhov.

Also, I want a version of Treasury Thrull that isn't just "ugly hippo and two fat guys".
    DnC

Quote from ThisIsNotMyName
    Trinisphere. A card made by the devil, forged in Hell, and played by only the most evil of players. Last time I played against one, I performed an exorcism, and as he screamed, his deck caught fire, and the unharmed Trinisphere was sucked into the earth. The player was hospitalized, but no cute cuddly animals were harmed. Lesson? Don't play Trinisphere.
    My money is on Orzhov. Wink
    #FreeBloodbraidElf
    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.
    I'm torn...I REALLY want to play Dimir, but I also REALLY wanted to play Azorius in the RTR prerelease, and didn't start winning until my third match, when I was paired up with other people who'd lost their first two. I won the next four, but I'm super hesitant to jump into the guild whose mechanic I like the best rather than the one I think stands the best chance for a good finish.

Ultimately, it's going to depend on the rest of the spoilers. If things look good, Dimir, MAYBE splashing Simic for some more bodies on the field to blunt Gruul and Boros aggression. Otherwise, I'll probably go Boros splashing Gruul. Too soon to tell though.
    Quote from Dutch253
    I think the flavor of Dimir is badass! I just really don't like the mechanic.

If it's not too off topic, why not? It's my favorite of the gatecrash mechanics by far, and it would be interesting to hear from someone who feels the opposite, because I can't really think of what's not to like about it.

"I am confident that if anyone actually
    penetrates our facades, even the most
    perceptive would still be fundamentally
    unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."

— Szadek Dimir
    I'd love to be able to go dimir, if there's enough mill at common/uncommon. Not sure if that'll be worth it, though.
    For now it seems that I'm with Gruul.
    Still need to see more (all) cards to lock down my pick.

Bloodrush isn't that exciting, but I have long time connections and feelings towards R/G stuff..
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes