Reprint the fetch lands...

So MaRo had said they planned on re printing some other modern staples in upcoming sets besides the shocks in RTR block and the cards in Modern Masters. I'm hoping they reprint the fetch lands soon but not only the zendikar block fetches but hopefully the onslaught fetches or at least functional reprints so we have access to all 10 color combinations.

What are your guys thoughts on how soon you think they might, if ever. And do you think we will ever have all 10 in standard and modern?
    ----Verdant_Force----

Current decks....

Standard:
    BU zombies
    GW aggro
    Bant hexproof

Modern:
    BU mill
    BUG mill
    RW aurelia
    GW Thrun hexproof
    BU Faeries

Casual:
    G Azusa commander
    BU grim grin commander
    BU old school casual zombies
    These threads come up way too often. This has no longer become an enjoyable discussion.
    my eBay
    My bands:
    Ratking
    Cold Sneer
    Decks
    Playing
    Standard:
    changes every week
    MODERN:
    BG8-RackBG
    Legacy:
    WGMaverickWG
    WUBRGLEDless DredgeWUBRG
    BBBPoxBBB
    EDH:
    URGMaelstrom WandererURG

In Development
    EDH:
    WUGrand Arbiter Augustine IVWU
    WUBZur, the EnchanterWUB

Knowledge Pool count: 147
    Looking for Knowledge Pools! All languages, conditions, foil/non-foil, etc. PM me with your Pools and we can work something out Grin
    Agree with Degduar. These threads are beating a dead horse anymore.

Modern
    xWBreakfast at Urza'sxW
    UWGBantUWG
    GWRNaya ZooRWG

Quote from Hasp
    Agree with Degduar. These threads are beating a dead horse anymore.

is it filled with cheese? i'd beat the **** out of a dead horse filled with cheese.
    I just swatted using this forum and I don't live online so I haven't seen that this has come up a lot. Sorry guys.
    ----Verdant_Force----

Current decks....

Standard:
    BU zombies
    GW aggro
    Bant hexproof

Modern:
    BU mill
    BUG mill
    RW aurelia
    GW Thrun hexproof
    BU Faeries

Casual:
    G Azusa commander
    BU grim grin commander
    BU old school casual zombies
    I think they should alternate fetches, shocks, and pain lands in different series, just because they are all a decent land base, and they encourage the strategic element of the game.

So, 3 years from now, shocks would come back. Next year, it might be fetches. The year after, pain lands. Keep the metagame cycling, and the cards will retain value because even though they are being printed, they come out with relative rarity.
    I would at least like to have 1-2 years of standard with little to no manafixing ala Mirrodin/Kamigawa. I enjoyed playing Medium Green :/
    Quote from Wustin
    I would at least like to have 1-2 years of standard with little to no manafixing ala Mirrodin/Kamigawa. I enjoyed playing Medium Green :/

This actually is pretty reasonable. I could get into that. Thumbs Up
    Quote from Wustin

Agreed. After this standard where you can basically play whatever you want, I think it would be excellent to not just get to be as greedy as possible and never be punished for it
    Personally, I like the land restriction in Modern as it makes for some more careful choices. Having all 10 would be boring, especially since with shocks you can fetch off colors anyway.

That said, I would love a reprint of the Zen fetches. I have them all on MTGO, but I still need more in meatspace.
    GaJo
    tumblr: thewormturns
    MTGO: Dr Worm
    EDH: Earl, Ghaiji Aggro, Snow Patrol, Shirei, Eeshatron, Momir Big, What's Yours is Mine, Punisher
    Modern: Red Snow Devotion, X-Force, Black Devotion Control
    Currently Testing: Fever Dream

؟ is the "Irony Mark", but since no one seems to be able to use the term "irony" correctly, I hereby dub it the "Sarcasm Mark."
    I dont want fetches in standard again, the shuffling is so annoying. Its got a place in older formats.
    The fetchlands are crazy strong and results in way too much shuffling in older formats. I wish they were never printed and will never be again.
    Aaron Forsythe said the Zen fetches will be in Modern Masters 2.
    L1 Judge

I'm worried that the ludicrous prices to which the Onslaught fetches have soared will dissuade WOTC from ever reprinting them, which would be a big shame. I'm also worried that the presence of shocklands in Standard means that the earliest we could see any fetchland reprinted is Huey block or Magic 2016.
    My favourite basic land arts: Plains - Island - Swamp - Mountain - Forest

I don't always post about Rafiq of the Many, but when I do, I cardlink to the original artwork, and not the supplementary product version.

"I trust myself to do my duty, even unto death. It's what comes after that I'm afraid of."
    "Just fight without fear. Your soul is protected by the hand of Avacyn and will never submit to evil."
    Quote from MisterMind
    Aaron Forsythe said the Zen fetches will be in Modern Masters 2.

Could you please put a link to this. From my understanding they weren't even considering a MM 2 since they wanted to see how MM was received first.
    Quote from Mugaaz
    I dont want fetches in standard again, the shuffling is so annoying. Its got a place in older formats.

This is probably the worst reason to not include fetches. C'mon people.

Fetches will not be included in a Standard format where Shocklands are legal. I too want Onslaught fetches, but I know the earliest we will see them is the "Huey Dewey Louie" block afterwards.
    Last edited by Georg51: 6/3/2013 11:02:12 AM
    Standard - BRG Dredge
    Modern - BRG Living End
    Legacy - W Death & Taxes
    Commander - WGB Karador, Ghost Chieftain Reanimator

Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    I would be shocked if they didn't reprint them sometime soon, it is just a matter of how.
    If mono colored or at most 2 colored standard came back, I might start caring about it again.
    I wouldn't expect to see Fetches back in Standard while we still have Shocks. After they rotate out, maybe after a year we could see them back?

~ Tim
    Maybe whenever Landfall returns?
    Quote from SirZapdos
    I'm worried that the ludicrous prices to which the Onslaught fetches have soared will dissuade WOTC from ever reprinting them, which would be a big shame. I'm also worried that the presence of shocklands in Standard means that the earliest we could see any fetchland reprinted is Huey block or Magic 2016.

I actually would be very upset if they printed ONS fetches in Theros. I think they'd be a great reprint for Huey block because I agree that a reprint is warranted, but the idea of a fetch/shock mana base in Standard is just depressing, it would make the format even more aggro/midrange goodstuff-oriented than it already is.

Thanks to Gabgabdevo for the awesome sig image!

I'm always looking for foil Madcap Skills and Ghitu Fire-Eater, [trade thread link forthcoming]
    Is it just me, or are the onslaught fetches not modern legal?
    Do you play Magic in the Niagara Region in Ontario? Check out our facebook group!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/416755838359501/
    Rules Advisor - As of Monday June 27, 2011
    L1 - As of December 16, 2012
    Theyre not Modern Legal.
    Standard - BRG Dredge
    Modern - BRG Living End
    Legacy - W Death & Taxes

Quote from Georg51
    This is probably the worst reason to not include fetches. C'mon people.

I think it is one of the best reasons. Did you play during Zendikar? Games and matches went long due to the extra shuffling required. It made games boring. If even one player was using a heavy fetch/landfall deck, tournament time was extended for everyone. I played Boros back then, and I've never been so glad to see a deck rotate.
    I'm what the fox says.
    Quote from necrogenesis

I think it is one of the best reasons. Did you play during Zendikar? Games and matches went long due to the extra shuffling required. It made games boring. If even one player was using a heavy fetch/landfall deck, tournament time was extended for everyone. I played Boros back then, and I've never been so glad to see a deck rotate.

Yes I did, and fetches were hardly a problem. You're talking about, at MOST, an extra 4 shuffles per player per game.

When I played Wolf Run Ramp, I seriously shuffled my deck probably 10+ times EVERY GAME, and time was never an issue.

But to reiterate my original point, a small nuisance of players taking too long to shuffle is HARDLY a viable reason to not reprint Fetchlands. Wow.
    Standard - BRG Dredge
    Modern - BRG Living End
    Legacy - W Death & Taxes

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes