Want to build Izzet deck

I want to build a solid Izzet deck and am wondering whether I should purchase a intro pack and then singles or a Izzet guild box. What is better in your opinion?
    If you want a more playable deck, you should probably refine the decklist first online, and then seek out the individual cards. Is this just for the kitchen table, or did you have a particular format in mind?

Honestly, the Depths of Power intro deck is probably better than the ravnica one. Although you could mash the two together. Guttersnipe plus Talrand is pretty fun, and you'll get searings spears, talrands invocation, augur of bolas, archaeomancer, and goblin electromancers for your fun.
    Quote from Ventris
    If you want a more playable deck, you should probably refine the decklist first online, and then seek out the individual cards. Is this just for the kitchen table, or did you have a particular format in mind?

Standard
    Quote from brontide
    Standard

Then you might want to look for some deck lists before shelling out money for cards.

I've played a U/R Guttersnipe decks a little bit. It's pretty fun and can have some fairly explosive plays, but it's not super competitive.
    I would look at decklists online. Once you decide what you want to play I would but singles. Save you more money.
    LONG LIVE LEGACY Geezer
    Legacy
    :symu:Merfolk:symu:
    :symr::symu::symg:Rug Delver:symr::symu::symg:
    :symu::symw::symr:Patriot Aggro:symu::symw::symr:

Modern
    :symg::symb::symr:Jund:symg::symb::symr:
    :symg::symw::symr::symu:KikiPod:symg::symw::symr::symu:
    U/R isn't amazingly powerful or competitive in Standard at the moment, but a decklist you get online, even with a few modifications, is going to be better than an event deck for the most part.
    Standard

:symw::symu::symb:Esper Control:symb::symu::symw:
    :symr:RDW:symr:

Modern
    :symw:Death and Taxes:symw:
    :symu::symr:Splinter Twin:symr::symu:
    :symw::symb:BW Tokens:symb::symw:

If you're in Europe and looking for a place to buy singles, I highly reccomend Magiccardmarket. I'd appreciate it if you signed up using my referral link: www.magiccardmarket.eu/?referrer=ConnorN. Thanks! Smile
    Quote from brontide
    Standard

You'ld be better off playing kitchen table if you only know what colors you want to play instead of a cohesive strategy. "Izzet" isn't a deck, it's a color combination. In any case, there aren't any real decks, especially in standard, that use exclusively blue and red.

signature by rivenor at http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=329663

I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English. If you believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure, then copy this into your signature.

I hate the reserved list.

Mythic rares are fine.

Quote from Lormador
    If that's your "casual," what on earth is required for "formal," a butler in livery shuffling the decks whilst a pianist plays Brahms in front of a tapestry?
    I have a friend who did manage to brew an Izzet control deck that won against Naya aggro and Junk Reanimator. His list ran Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius, Boros Reckoner and Snapcaster Mage as creatures and counters/removals such as Pillar of Flame and Counterflux. Smile

I don't know his list by heart, but I think he keeps them at Tappedout, so I can look for you.

Standard
    UB Sacrifice
    RWU Miracle Control

Modern
    UB Tezzerator

Clint Cearley ♥

Quote from Faust2391
    Speaking of remixes, i call esper dubstep now because its WUB. Join me, wont you?

Quote from CrazyMike366
    Can JTMS be summoned while on the toilet and appear on the battlefield horrified and confused with his pants around his ankles?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes