Gatecrash Vs Innistrad

So i have a discount slip to a gamestore and i was wondering what will be better valuewise? Gatecrash looks pretty good but Return to ravnica did as well but most things ended up tanking. Innistrad is good but will be rotating. Lmk, debate away! Thanks!
    Innistrad, definitely. It has a lot of cards that are heavily played in Standard and many of them also in eternal formats, and most of them are pretty valuable ones.

Gatecrash doesn't have a lot of value in its rares and mythics.
    Quote from King Pun »
    As far as seriousness, I have always felt like I am water and she is a salmon, I can flow fine without her but she flops around without me and gets eaten by a bear.
    Can you buy singles with the discount slip?

If so buy the RTR shocks, or wait and buy the GTC shocks when they get around $10. Don't waste your $$ on sealed product.
    Are you getting a box? Singles?

What formats do you play?

Need to know a bit more to make an informed recommendation
    Hmm ok i dont have enough to buy a box, so i was planning on a couple of packs, or liliana of the veil? Which is the better choice?
    Lilly def out of the two options.
    Quote from lord of whatever
    Hmm ok i dont have enough to buy a box, so i was planning on a couple of packs, or liliana of the veil? Which is the better choice?

You can buy packs and be very very lucky to open something even close to as valuable as Liliana or you can just buy Liliana. Smile

Quote from mikedh1

You don't go by WORST CASE SCENARIOS, or BEST CASE SCENARIOS, you go by what will PROBABLY happen MOST of the time statiscally probability odds wise most of the time over the very long term
    Well if you put it that way... Sounds like she will hold value as well.
    Gatecrash looks pretty good but Return to ravnica did as well but most things ended up tanking.

All sets end up tanking after release, especially first sets in a block because most players are only drafting RTR now. The prices for RTR cards will actually start increasing once Gatecrash comes out since that's drafted on its own, too. When Dragon's Maze is released the drafts will be one booster from each set, so only a third as many packs of RTR will be issued compared to just now.

By the time the next block comes out, RTR prices will steadily increase.
    Well if you put it that way... Sounds like she will hold value as well.

She will most likely lose some value once Innistrad rotates out, but I don't see her going below 15$ in the worst case scenario, 20$ if optimistic
    She will most likely lose some value once Innistrad rotates out, but I don't see her going below 15$ in the worst case scenario, 20$ if optimistic

Don't worry about that, she's played heavily enough in modern in legacy she'll hold value about as well as Knight Errant, so around $20-$25
    What about buying a box, It would be better one from innistrad, RTR or GTC?
    Quote from Blinkillo
    What about buying a box, It would be better one from innistrad, RTR or GTC?

If you trade a lot, GTC might be the best option. GTC is in high demand right now, so anything you don't want to use is great for trade bait, and overall prices are the highest for GTC right now that you will ever see, as the market gets flooded the prices will drop.

RTR is a bad idea. The set is worth nothing right now. Given the sheer amount of standard staples in the set, its pretty remarkable too. Massive product flood.

Innistrad is an ok idea, but keep in mind its going to rotate out this fall. Basically, if you pull a Lil or a Geist, and some decent middle of the road rares you might break even. If you pull junk, womp womp.

Current Decks
    Standard:
    RWG Naya Walkers
    RW Boros devotion/Purphoros combo
    RGB Jund Midrange

Modern:
    WB Martyr.proc
    Quote from SpiderParadox
    Don't worry about that, she's played heavily enough in modern in legacy she'll hold value about as well as Knight Errant, so around $20-$25

Do you think she's on the same level though? To me Elspeth, Knight-Errant is the best PWs who isn't JtmS
    Do you think she's on the same level though? To me Elspeth, Knight-Errant is the best PWs who isn't JtmS

Liliana barely see play in Standard compared to Modern and Legacy, so I doubt she will tank in price below 20-25$
    Currently Playing

Modern:
    :symu::symr::symg:Scapeshift:symg::symr::symu:
    Legacy:
    :symu::symr: Counterburn :symr::symu:
    :symb::symw:Deadguy Ale:symw::symb:
    :symr::symg:Belcher:symg::symr:
    :symu::symb::symr::symg:Dredge:symg::symr::symb::symu:
    :symw::symu::symb::symr::symg::0mana:The Epic Storm:0mana::symg::symr::symb::symu::symw:
    Quote from Erubieho
    Innistrad, definitely. It has a lot of cards that are heavily played in Standard and many of them also in eternal formats, and most of them are pretty valuable ones.

Gatecrash doesn't have a lot of value in its rares and mythics.

Such as? Outside of Snapcaster and Liliana Innistrad is a pretty low value in that set.

I wouldn't get either, but if I had to pick one, I'd pick GTC for the shocks.
    I don't think that Gatecrash cards are going to tank like Return to Ravnica's did, mostly because it looks like people will buy less gatecrash than they bought ravnica.
    Quote from Valarin
    Such as? Outside of Snapcaster and Liliana Innistrad is a pretty low value in that set.

I wouldn't get either, but if I had to pick one, I'd pick GTC for the shocks.

Geist of Saint Traft, Garruk Relentless, Olivia Voldaren, duals and Champion of the Parish.

Innistrad has great value.
    Innistrad limited is also super duper awesome
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes