has anybody seen this?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8032/7978765409_43cab37687_o.gif

now im pretty mad right now cus i hate carrying games in LoL and still losing cus 1 person on my team weighs a ton.

but just the look of disgust on everybodies faces is hilarious. honestly thats how i feel about magic right now.
    Some background info so people know wtf is going on, its the Taiwan team miracling Bonfire at worlds.
    Yeah, Kibler has no right to look like that. He stole a title from Finkel earlier this year by being just as lucky :p

Quote from clan_iraq

Oh, I thought he was talking about playing a spell that is countering a spell with counters on it as it comes into play, but I see you guys were just discussing whether he was flashing a creature with flash in order to flash a flashback or just flashing a creature with flash but not needing flash in order to flashback a spell without flash.

-regarding Snapcaster Mage.
    Kibler was quite the topdeck king at PT Dark Ascension. What goes around comes around...

I write for Channel Fireball now! Read my CFB articles here. Read my Dies to Removal articles here. Read the definitive Red Deck Wins Primer here.

Want to see me in action? Check out my stream! Currently broadcasting Boros Burn in Standard. Full archive available.

Want to play better magic? Come join us at diestoremoval.com
    I mostly just love the look on LSV's face. "Lol, sorry brosif, but get **** on."
    Diestoremoval.com
    Because we care about facts.
    Fair card is fair.
    yep, stuff like that happens. I only feel that I high level play, luck should not have such an high impact.. a well.. that's magic!
    Dunkmaster Yi in magical card form.

e: LSV is Epic Mustache Man.
    Quote from xChaospherex

Take your monoblack deck, then set aside 14 swamps. Add 4 Creeping Tar Pits, 4 Darkslick Shores, 4 Drowned Catacombs, and 2 Jwar isle Refuge and add 4 Jace, the Mindsculptors. Your monoblack deck is instantly better. Better yet, drop those refuges, throw in some islands and some mana leaks, and lo and behold, you're now playing a real deck. Congratulations. Welcome to the world of competitive M:TG.
    * insert random rant about OP Bonfire making even top players sight in despair *
    This really isn't standard, moved to Magic General
    Current Game: Bioshock: Infinite

Mabbz on MTGO | Demgrinds on Twitch & Twitter | Helpdesk
    Quote from Benny84
    Some background info so people know wtf is going on, its the Taiwan team miracling Bonfire at worlds.

Chinese Taipei team, the team that eventually took it down.

What an epic bonfire it was, too. I love Kibler's reaction

Edit: I didn't know Chinese Taipei and Taiwan where the same. I'm dumb. Either was sick Bonfire
    Last edited by bollskis: 9/13/2012 3:47:26 PM
    Quote from HammerAndSickled
    Yeah, Kibler has no right to look like that. He stole a title from Finkel earlier this year by being just as lucky :p

Its a fraction worse with bonfire. In PT: DKA, there was no difference between him top decking the blasts and having all 3 galvanic blasts in hand. With bonfire, its power level is significantly higher if its top decked. Had he had bonfire in his hand, the X value would have been half what it was topdecked.

Its not a bad card, far from it, I'm just saying that I'm far more scared of a miracled bonfire than I am a bonfire in their hand.
    Rules Adviser
    Can't wait until that card goes out of rotation.
    This is why I dont play standard anymore -._
    Legacy : UWR Delver
    Modern: Mono Black Devotion (...I hate this format)
    EDH : Ghaves
    This video is pretty damn funny in slo-mo like this. No idea what this even is..

Thanks for posting. Smile
    Juggs W/U mana U/R mana R/G mana G/U mana U/B mana B/G mana W/G mana W/B mana B/R mana R/W mana Juggs
    Nude Eternal Witness?
    Wouldn't they have to edit that for the Chinese markets?
    Only if she had skulls for nipples.

Quote from Mike Flores »
    Absolutely nothing but boom booms in this deck.

Blue Deck
    Black Deck
    Red Deck
    Green Deck
    Gotta love the bonfire

Every time your opponent draws a card. It feels like you're staring down the barrel playing Russian roulette . It's what a red card should do
    BEASTMASTER
    aka Prey Upon
    It takes so much skill and strategical thinking to miracle a bonfire like this. Not.
    This card (Bonfire) should have never been printed.
    Modern:
    • BUG Ana Midrange
    • RU Izzet Storm

Legacy:
    • GWUR 4C Enchantress

Commander:
    • BUG Ana The Mimeoplasm
    • WBR Dega Kaalia of the Vast
    • UBR Grixis Nekusar, the Mindrazer
    Quote from Razzzp
    It takes so much skill and strategical thinking to miracle a bonfire like this. Not.
    This card (Bonfire) should have never been printed.

Personally I see it being on the short list for Standard banning in October.
    i just saw the video a day before and thought, damn i need a gif of this.
    thanks
    Stop saying this goes in my EDH to every new spoiled card
    Shoulda put True Believer and some other answers in M13 IMO. All you can do now is dedicate SB slots to Outwit or Redirect if you're running blue and want to waste slots for a single OP card XD
    Practical proof that shows how bad Miracle is as a mechanic
    I pray that I am never considered useless or old
    Is it bad that I added Chandra to a deck, just to get the full effect of Bonfire every time?
    "If you don't wear your seatbelt, the police will shoot you in the head."
    - To my youngest sister when she was 6.

Everyone knows that good luck and good game are such insincere terms that any man who does not connect his right hook with the offender's jaw on the very utterance of such a phrase is no man I would consider as such.

Quote from Ninja Caterpie

Last time it went large-small-large, it went "happy adventure land", "mana filled happy adventure land", "DEAD MANA ELDRAZI OVERRUN SAD DEFENSE LAND."
    I fail to see why people are getting so mad at this, yet Nassif managing to survive the ignite memories in the quarter finals of whichever pro tour that was; that other guy, who's name I've forgotten, top-decking a lightening helix; and Nassif top-decking his singleton cruel ultimatum at PT ?Paris? is just fine. Magic has always been a game of skill, and being able to read the probabilities is one of those. With 4 bonfires in a deck, that game-winning top-deck is going to happen, it's just that a lot of the time when it does, it's effects aren't as noticeabley game winning
    Currently playing:
    T2: Solar flare, UG Dredge
    Commander: Anima, Ghave and Nicol Bolas

Looking to for fun PC shooter? Why not check out Tribes Ascend? Use my referral link for an XP boost
    What's the source video?
    Quote from The hair guy
    I fail to see why people are getting so mad at this, yet Nassif managing to survive the ignite memories in the quarter finals of whichever pro tour that was; that other guy, who's name I've forgotten, top-decking a lightening helix; and Nassif top-decking his singleton cruel ultimatum at PT ?Paris? is just fine. Magic has always been a game of skill, and being able to read the probabilities is one of those. With 4 bonfires in a deck, that game-winning top-deck is going to happen, it's just that a lot of the time when it does, it's effects aren't as noticeabley game winning

ONE of the problems is, its the only card in t2 right now that is this swingy. its not a skill based card either, its "derp i drew it lol i win"
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes