What is the average value contained in a booster?

Let's say I decide to draft M12 M12 M12 on magic online and lose horribly, thus winning nothing. What are the chances that any of the cards that I rip make up for the $4 price of a pack? Has anyone compiled a median value for a booster pack?
    According to my calculations, the mean sale value on supernovabots of the rare or mythic from an M12 pack is currently 1.67 tickets.
    The following rares are currently selling for more than 4 tickets on MTGOTraders:
    Angelic Destiny
    Chandra the Firebrand
    Garruk, P.H.
    Gideon Jura
    Grand Abolisher
    Grave Titan
    Grim Lavamancer
    Inferno Titan
    Jace, M.A.
    Solemn Simulacrum
    Sorin Markov
    Primeval Titan
    and a few foil rares (also foil Timely Reinforcements, interestingly enough). Note that this is the sell price, not the buy price, so most bots will buy for less than the list price here. Also note that this is still pre-release, so they have nowhere to go but down.
    I'm not liking the odds; you'd better just win. Smile
    Quote from A. Smith
    [Merfolk] Looter [is] basically Faithless Looting on a stick, and that's awesome.

Modern
    GWB Project Melira (M:tGO) BWG
    RU Splinter Twin UR
    UGR Scapeshift RGU
    UR Storm RU
    Quote from TheLizard
    According to my calculations, the mean sale value on supernovabots of the rare or mythic from an M12 pack is currently 1.67 tickets.

Interesting. Median is probably even lower since I assume the mean is skewed by a few outlier planeswalkers.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes