What is the difference between Standard/Vintage/Legacy?

Other than the banlist, the fact the standard uses newer cards and the like, whats the difference between them? Do they all use the same rules?
    They all use the same rules; the only difference is the card pool.
    "...because without beer, things do not seem to go as well."
    ~
    Diary of Brother Epp, Capuchin monastery
    Munjor, Kansas 1902

Foreign/Imported Beer Bottle Collection:
    Total Beers - 593
    Different Countries - 68
    Favorite - Westvleteren 12 (Belgium)
    Last Beer Sampled - Kapittel Abt (Belgium)
    One difference is the power level (obvious).

Another one is the banlist.
    Standard, Extended and Legacy have a banlist. If a card is too powerful, WotC excludes it completely from the format.
    Vintage has a restricted list (and a short banlist with ante-cards and some exceptions, but not because the cards are too powerful), they still let you play at least 1 copy of every black-/white-bordered card printed since 1993 in your deck.
    Last edited by menma: 5/23/2008 8:35:45 AM
    The only other difference I can think of is that in Vintage and Legacy, the decks that are used are pretty static, when in standard, 'net decks' are dynamic, with each new set bringing cards that add to certain decks, cards that hose certain decks and new combo's to the table

Differences entail:
    Each format deeper down you go is an increase of power level and chemistry of cards.
    Larger Card pools
    More defined and longer defined metas.
    Co-host to Recast(on Hiatus)-Battlestation builder at Dies To Removal-Chat Admin for the MTGS Community on Diablo III
    Battle.Net Armory-|-My Youtube channel-|-My Imgur for desk/computer/battlestation pics
    Comp/desk Log at Dies To Removal
    Few things will be added and updated
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes