How do I tell the difference between alpha, beta, unlimited, and revised?

I am trying to sell a few cards and I want to make sure that I am listing them in the right set...
    Image removed due to its file extension: http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/attachments/26/222/635032479048665983.jpg 39

98% of the internet population has a MySpace. If you are part of the 2% that isn't emo, put this in your signature.

Yes. I do it all of the time, but I break lots of stupid conventions, and I never really feel bad about it.
    Harkius
    banner by a_passer_bye thanks!
    For Maro so loved the world he gave his only begotten Time Spiral!

alpha has a black border with really weird rounded corners.
    beta has a black border with normal corners.
    Unlimited is white bordered and still uses the word TAP.
    Revised is white bordered and has a "washed out" look compared to Unlimited.
    people assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Ebay - decks/MODO/Promos/DVDs

Trade thread (WiP)
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/trading-post/details/337-pokerbob1s-casual-trading-emporium
    Unlimited and Revised are white-bordered, and Alpha and Beta are black-bordered. Alpha cards have rounder corners than Beta cards. Revised cards have a black border within the white, while Unlimited cards don't have a border that visible. It's slightly blue, as far as I can tell.
    Please don't PM me about staff/moderating business, I am not a part of the staff here anymore.
    tHANKS.. yOUR HELP WAS AWESOME..
    Image removed due to its file extension: http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/attachments/26/222/635032479048665983.jpg 39

98% of the internet population has a MySpace. If you are part of the 2% that isn't emo, put this in your signature.

Yes. I do it all of the time, but I break lots of stupid conventions, and I never really feel bad about it.
    Harkius
    banner by a_passer_bye thanks!
    For Maro so loved the world he gave his only begotten Time Spiral!

Underground Sea

Click on it, and you can choose the different editions you want. This will show you the difference between an unlimited and a revised card. As what the rest said, Alpha has very rounded corners. Other expansions do not have these kind of rounded borders. Both alpha and beta are black bordered, however if you put an alpha card directly onto a beta one, you could still see the corners of the beta card since the borders of the alpha card is typically smaller in area as well, and as said earlier its rounded.

Signature and Avatar credits :):

Thanks to Topher and his shop: [Æther]:Card Avvy & Banner Templates for the sig!

My MTGS H/W list
    I'm a Third Party Trader. For Third Party Trades Pm me here.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes