DYI deck box

i know ultra pro and a few others make deck boxes, i want to know if any one out there has made their own deck boxes or if they use some thing else "house hold" to store their cards.

**L@@king for cheap singles? Use Cardshark. Sign up today!**
    $$FREE MONEY$$ for College!
    Current Anson Maddocks Fallen Angel Count: 449 !!!
    Trade Binder * Buy/Sell List
    Decks:
    green mana 9 Land Stompy
    :symu::symg::symw: Stasis
    :symr::symg::symw: Uril EDH
    I've never made anything myself to hold cards in but I've found that padded nylon coolers/lunch boxes work well for carrying around a lot of decks. I have one that I bought at Target that I've been using for years.
    "...because without beer, things do not seem to go as well."
    ~
    Diary of Brother Epp, Capuchin monastery
    Munjor, Kansas 1902

Foreign/Imported Beer Bottle Collection:
    Total Beers - 593
    Different Countries - 68
    Favorite - Westvleteren 12 (Belgium)
    Last Beer Sampled - Kapittel Abt (Belgium)
    Quote from releasethedogs »
    i know ultra pro and a few others make deck boxes, i want to know if any one out there has made their own deck boxes or if they use some thing else "house hold" to store their cards.

I have made a deckbox using pieces of plastic and ducktape, then covered in electical tape. I used sticky velcro spots to close it. It was alright, and way more durable/waterproof than other deckboxes that I used. It eventually started to get annoying when the bottom parts of the electical tape started coming undone, though.

I also use this:

Its called a Card Coffin and its made by Cheese Weasel Logistics. It has a slot for a deck(holds approximately 75 sleeved cards), a small slot for dice and counters, and an extra slot for cards on the opposite side. You can also take out the divider if you really wanted to. These retail for around 8-10$.

Sig by Goblinboy
    Quote from ghindo
    this ain't a thread

it's an arms race

am i doing this rite?

Quote from danieldangerous
    Maybe you'll get Archenemy cards in your Duel Decks From The Vault: Deck Builder's Toolkit All-Foil Duels of the Planeswalkers Downloadable Content Expansion (Tactics Edition).
    If I buy sleeves in a box I just use the box (Ultra Pro used to come in a box). Otherwise I stick to metal tins that sell for about $4.00, usually with cheap sleeves inside (40-50! How cheap and bad). If I can't use one of those two, I buy a cheap one for $ 1-2, and glue the sides together so I get a few years out of it. Otherwise, I'm still using those old Ultra Pro sleeve boxes!

Visit: Cabalwannabe's Art page right here on MTGS!

Cabalwannabe's Cards!

Control Lover Generation 1 if you see this in someones sig copy it and take the generation number plus 1 to show your generation!

Cabalwannabe's Stories
    So'for of the Vedalken
    Vansen, Dreamer of Dreams
    Clone of Joan
    Aeriedle's Mission
    Old Ultra-pro boxes hold 60 cards in sleeves.
    Old Dragon Shield boxes hold 60 cards and 15 sideboard cards in sleeves.

A flip top cigarette box comfortably holds 40 draft sleeves or a draft sideboard and several spare sleeves.

A 4-oz sandwich size Tupperware container with lid will hold a 60 card deck in sleeves, a few spare sleeves, and two d20s in a pinch.
    I generally use the 100-sleeved-cards boxes from ultra pro or dragon shield, but I've also carried cards in lunchboxes, empty boosterboxes (re-enforced with tape) and stuff like that. My boyfriend uses a couple of tupperware-style boxes that can hold a deck and a few extra cards/sleeves. My latest favourite is an old decorated wooden box that I bought on a flea market for 10 cents, which holds a sleeved deck + sideboard comfortably as well as a few dice, a piece of paper, and if I pack it carefully, a pen.

You can use anything to carry cards in, just use your imagination.
    I used to string rubber bands around my cards with a few extras (basic land usually) at either end to prevent anything valuable from fraying.

I have no extendo-sig. Sorry, I'm just not vain enough to think someone will click on it.
    http://www.trollandtoad.com/products/fullshot.php?fullshot=123666.jpg

I use that, but mines red and I took the crappy dragon off of it. Its a good case, holds my deck, extra sleeves and my sideboard well.

I plan on custon painting it soon too, so that should be cool Smile
    Image removed due to its file extension: http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3878/mtgban8ne.jpg/

Currently Running:
    Legacy: BR Combo Crazything
    SuiBlack

Extended:
    WBG False Beacon
    G Piper at dawn

T2:
    WBG Orzhov/Golgari Recuring control
    Izzet Combo
    Depends. I have 20+ decks here and most of them are in cardboard boxes I've made. They don't wear that easily since I don't use them that much. But when I tested it in one of my standard decks it usually stands for around 4 months or somthing. If you really want to be on a budget, try those fat plastic containers where they used to put 10 disckets.

Past Sigs:1
    |2|3|4
    W/B manaGhost Mafia ExtortionistW/B mana
    We Own Everything. You just don't know it.
    Pseudo Member of the Titans Test Team
    Now Piloting:
    Gundam TR-1 [Hazel-Rah]
    Second Form

Best thing is, tupperware is watertight and won't rust, shatter, or crush easily. Take that, cardboard/Rook/plastic folding-style deck boxes!
    I know I am gonna sound spoiled here.

I use custom made high end plastic deck cases made by my friends local work place. All they do is make plastic displays and has made PlayMat tubes and Deck cases custom fit to store Yugioh and Magic sized.
    Co-host to Recast(on Hiatus)-Battlestation builder at Dies To Removal-Chat Admin for the MTGS Community on Diablo III
    Battle.Net Armory-|-My Youtube channel-|-My Imgur for desk/computer/battlestation pics
    Comp/desk Log at Dies To Removal
    Few things will be added and updated
    @sapphire: I'm interested in the playmat tubes. Anyway you can give me a name or the name of the company?

Eric
    100: 05/18/06 @17:18 PST
    200: 07/17/06 @21:03 PST
    500: 05/05/07 @11:48 PST
    666: 08/27/07 @11:36 PST
    777: 01/28/08 @20:22 PST
    800: 04/07/08 @19:18 PST
    888: 08/08/08 @16:12 PST :p
    900: 08/12/08 @16:57 PST
    1000:12/22/08 @ 18:01 PST
    MTGS Legacy Tournament #5 Semi-finalist.
    MTGS Legacy Tournament #6 Top 8.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes