[Cockatrice] Theros update (cards.xml) (249/249), pictures from wizards.com

https://mega.co.nz/#!PEp0FZyb!KwwevFgDZzRlDF1JeUNn_Wdj0MUEavuEHCLiqkcN0Yw

I finally completed updating my cards.xml, it now contains all 249 cards from Theros (including Two-Headed Cerberus!).

The difference to other cards.xml files is that all the images have been taken directly from wizards.com, so no low quality images.

After downloading this, before starting Cockatrice, I recommend cleaning out your Theros image folder.

Just go to your Cockatrice folder -> pics -> downloadedPics -> THS and delete everything in that folder.

Enjoy.

Alternative download link: http://www.filedropper.com/cards_4

Edit: If you don't know what to do with the file:
    Usually placing it in your Cockatrice folder, overwriting your existing cards.xml should do the trick.
    Alternatively start Cockatrice, go to settings -> general and set the "path to card database" to the downloaded file.
    Last edited by 509: 9/23/2013 1:48:34 PM
    How does one modify their .xml? Do you just open it?

Thanks btw! It's working perfectly
    Last edited by Haiiro Sedai: 9/4/2013 11:54:48 AM
    Open it with something like word pad, the rest is fairly self explanatory but takes some time. Smile
    Quote from 509
    Open it with something like word pad, the rest is fairly self explanatory but takes some time. Smile

Rly? Wow...

It's more complicated in MWS so I assumed it had to be in Cockatrice as well.

So far I schooled a monoG Opponent with UW contorl Grin
    Newsflash: New Elspeth is bonkers
    OMG editing the card database is frustrating...
    Please update with new spoiler!!I don't how to do that,otherwise I will!! Grin
    Quote from 509
    https://mega.co.nz/#!IcVUWbhR!Gs_grQC6QhudZnGuSJ_CrW9AaP0c8bWjgswibH10-Zc

I updated my cards.xml with most of the important cards from Theros spoiled so far (as I am posting this 88/249 cards have been revealed).

Again, it's not the complete set, it's not even all the cards spoiled so far but it's just over 30 cards that I found to be interesting.

Enjoy.

Thanks, I know it's tedious work that some kind soul always does, but why is the site trying to install 50+ MB on my computer when the file is 8MB? Any chance of using a different host?
    Quote from NessOnett

I don't understand why people would invest in a format under the moniker of "non-rotating," and then ask that the most popular deck be nerfed every few months to force artificial rotation. If you want rotation, why aren't you playing Standard?

thanks dude!!! i was dying to try out xenagos and purphors!
    Huey, Dewey and Louie are always dressed in RUG. it is CLEARLY going to be the wedges block

Standard BR Cows
    Modern WR Control U Ninja G Elves
    Commander WR Gisela WGR Marath GRB Prossh
    Highlander W Kithkins
    I'm actually adding a lot a spoiler. It'll be probably good for this night (10:00 PM in Paris).
    Quote from mtgnomad
    Thanks, I know it's tedious work that some kind soul always does, but why is the site trying to install 50+ MB on my computer when the file is 8MB? Any chance of using a different host?

Hmm, worked fine for me but I added an alternative host, if that one gives you trouble as well I can add more but I'd prefer to not be forced to create an account anywhere.

Quote from doc.brown
    thanks dude!!! i was dying to try out xenagos and purphors!

No problem! Smile

Quote from Aridjar
    I'm actually adding a lot a spoiler. It'll be probably good for this night (10:00 PM in Paris).

I think I beat you to it, probably wouldn't have bothered if I had read your post earlier but whatever.

If anyone wants to work off of mine I have to say I haven't bothered adjusting the reprints and the land cycle images are off of mtgoacademy so that should probably also be fixed in the future.
    509 I............ I think i love you!
    Quote from Derenathor
    509 I............ I think i love you!

THIS so much!

I'd rather lay on cockatrice than MWS but MWS is so much easier to add cards too!!

Your work is incredibly appreciated especially after I tried to emulate it! You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!
    Quote from 509
    Hmm, worked fine for me but I added an alternative host, if that one gives you trouble as well I can add more but I'd prefer to not be forced to create an account anywhere.

The alternate link worked fine, thanks 509!
    Quote from NessOnett

I don't understand why people would invest in a format under the moniker of "non-rotating," and then ask that the most popular deck be nerfed every few months to force artificial rotation. If you want rotation, why aren't you playing Standard?

No problem. Smile

Small update: Added 3 of the 4 cards that were missing, made lands come into play tapped.
    Quote from 509
    No problem. Smile

Small update: Added 3 of the 4 cards that were missing, made lands come into play tapped.

I noticed that Thoughtseize, Magma Jet, and Read the Bones (I think, I was up crazy late last night) were missing and added those to mine. What else is missing from your list?
    As I mentioned I didn't bother with the reprints (Thoughtseize and Magma Jet) because they were in the data base anyways, you only have to add the <set> information.
    Besides that I'm only missing Two-Headed Cerberus because there are no decent quality pictures out there, at least that I could find.

Read the bones is in my cards.xml.
    Bow of Nylea appears to be missing.

Edit: Added it to the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvzizyrgzbt7l06/cardsTHSfixed.xml
    Last edited by ArchmageIlmryn: 9/8/2013 12:59:50 PM
    Thanks, yeah, that one was missing on the wizards website for way too long (still is) and it just slipped by me.

Also added Steam Augury and Psychic Intrusion, plus I did the <set> information for the reprints (plus I fixed having treated Gainsay like a new card when it was just a reprint).

Download link is in the OP as usual.

By the way, does anyone know why the images on mythicspoiler.com usually don't work but then sometimes they do? I had the feeling that their high quality images don't work but when you download and re-upload them somewhere else all of a sudden cockatrice can use them.

Another question I have is how Cockatrice selects which image to display when there are several available (reprints), does anyone know?
    where do I put the xml file?
    I believe what Cockatrice is doing, is hotlinking from the links. It is similar to posting the images here using the links form, say mythicspoiler.com. Some sites block hot-linking of their images. It isn't a copyright issue or anything of that nature, it's a bandwidth issue. Hot linking sucks up a website's resources.

Quote from mikewithers
    where do I put the xml file?

You can save the .xml anywhere you wish. Just when you open cockatrice there is a settings titled "card directory" with a browse button by it. Browse to wherever you save your .xml and Cockatrice will find it there. I usually save mine in the Cockatrice root directory, but it really is up to you.
    Quote from Haiiro Sedai

You can save the .xml anywhere you wish. Just when you open cockatrice there is a settings titled "card directory" with a browse button by it. Browse to wherever you save your .xml and Cockatrice will find it there. I usually save mine in the Cockatrice root directory, but it really is up to you.

Thanks =)
    weird I can't find the theros set when I load it from "Load sets information from file.."
    Quote from mikewithers
    weird I can't find the theros set when I load it from "Load sets information from file.."

I just found out, that there are <set> tags for each set at the top of the file, added the information for Theros there.
    It should probably work now, download the file from the OP and try again.
    Quote from 509
    I just found out, that there are <set> tags for each set at the top of the file, added the information for Theros there.
    It should probably work now, download the file from the OP and try again.

I have downloaded your latest update and when I "Download set from file" everything but the theros cards are imported; on Theros it imports 0 cards. Do you know how to fix this error?
    I don't really know what oracle does with the file.

If you just replace your cards.xml file with the one you downloaded you should be fine.

Alternatively start cockatrice, go to settings -> general and set the "path to card database" to the downloaded file.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes