[RTR] Return to Ravnica Patch for Cockatrice (264/274)

If you're having problems, try to explain it like in a bug report.

How to install
    If you can download a 8MB file and you don't mind getting all sets (this is probably you):
    1. Download cards.xml from here.
    2. Backup your Cockatrice cards.xml.
    3. Replace the old cards.xml with the new.
    Or if you want only the Return to Ravnica cards:
    1. Download rtr-cards.xml from here.
    2. Open your Cockatrice cards.xml as well as the downloaded file in your favorite text editor (read: Notepad).
    3. Copy and paste the contents of the downloaded file into cards.xml, right before "</cards></cockatrice_carddatabase>" at the very end.
    4. Save the file.
    5. Start Cockatrice.

[download page]

By the way, is there a fundamental difference between an "architect of thought" and a "mind sculptor"? Seriously, Wizards...
    Last edited by arxanas: 9/17/2012 3:17:18 PM
    Can you grab the pictures from the http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/article.aspx?x=mtg/tcg/returntoravnica/cig? The pictures we got from the party (http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/attachments/100/866/635032498323111140.jpg for example) look terrible in Cockatrice. Thanks anyway.
    Quote from Calavera37
    Can you grab the pictures from the http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/article.aspx?x=mtg/tcg/returntoravnica/cig? The pictures we got from the party (http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/attachments/100/866/635032498323111140.jpg for example) look terrible in Cockatrice. Thanks anyway.

So I rewrote the image scraper, and it now gets its images from that gallery — but only for that gallery. As a result, cards that are not yet in that gallery (like our dracogenius friend) are not present, even if they're available in the MTGS spoiler section.

On a related note, there may be a higher incidence of errors. If anyone happens to find one, please report it.
    Last edited by arxanas: 9/3/2012 9:05:04 PM
    I added the 4 preview cards from today and the 4 cards from yesterday, so this file is 84/274.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6u3bp2uk7ge93xd
    Last edited by ashleytrash: 9/5/2012 12:01:16 AM

My Trade Thread
    Level 2 Judge (18 October 2013!)
    GWBUModern Gifts LoamUBWG
    UWBStandard Esper ControlBWU
    UWEDH Geist of St CrapUW
    Proud Cockatrice Regular
    I am going to try out an automated system. It is available at http://97.84.178.187/m/ . It should update automatically. Please don't kill my server.
    Quote from arxanas
    I am going to try out an automated system. It is available at http://97.84.178.187/m/ . It should update automatically. Please don't kill my server.

the 89 xml is invalid, cockatrice won't accept it at all

My Trade Thread
    Level 2 Judge (18 October 2013!)
    GWBUModern Gifts LoamUBWG
    UWBStandard Esper ControlBWU
    UWEDH Geist of St CrapUW
    Proud Cockatrice Regular
    Quote from twiggydanger
    the 89 xml is invalid, cockatrice won't accept it at all

The file isn't complete, it's only the RTR cards.
    Hey I am having some trouble with the spacing. I figured out that the cards were just an update and I manually added them to my complete cards.xml. However the cards have a "tab" length of space (maybe 10 spaces) before each name. This is minor when deckbuilding but when playing with the cards they space out the entire screen and is irreversible until quitting cockatrice. Have tried redoing the manual update and restarting cockatrice to no avail. Any advice? (Am on newest cockatrice build on mac OSX. Never had any issues before this).

screenshot
    Last edited by vampiire: 9/6/2012 2:20:25 PM
    Does this include the cards spoiled last night yet?
    Having some issues with the FULL cards.xml

I have followed all the basic steps (backup old file, delete add new file, run trice)

Since when running trice RTR didn't show up, i ran oracle and loaded up the new RTR included cards file and it does not show up on oracle. at all either.
    It seems to be working for me (all cards), but the Jarad card has no text or picture. The only thing that comes up is the name.
    EDH (Commander): GUB [Primer] The Mimeoplasm BUG | WU Ephara, God of the Polis UW

BG Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord GB | X Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre X

Modern: UR Storm RU

Cube: WUBRG Pauper Cube GRBUW
    If someone would give me a place to start editing sets (I have an .xml editor but have no idea how to edit the sets) I could potentially create updated versions of the .xml files to help Arxanis when he is not available to edit sets/provide an automated system to edit sets. So far I've got the gist of how to formulate paths to the pictures, and how the table rows work, but I have no idea how to format the card files to match the original cockatrice database without scrupulously re-editing the automated patch downloads in full.
    Quote from vampiire
    Hey I am having some trouble with the spacing. I figured out that the cards were just an update and I manually added them to my complete cards.xml. However the cards have a "tab" length of space (maybe 10 spaces) before each name. This is minor when deckbuilding but when playing with the cards they space out the entire screen and is irreversible until quitting cockatrice. Have tried redoing the manual update and restarting cockatrice to no avail. Any advice? (Am on newest cockatrice build on mac OSX. Never had any issues before this).

screenshot

Yep, this is an issue with the script. I have the patch on hand and I plan to push it to the server as soon as possible.

Quote from Tibalt
    Having some issues with the FULL cards.xml

I have followed all the basic steps (backup old file, delete add new file, run trice)

Since when running trice RTR didn't show up, i ran oracle and loaded up the new RTR included cards file and it does not show up on oracle. at all either.

A fairly recent update changed the location of the cards.xml file. Make sure that you're editing the one in your AppData (Windows) / Library (Mac). Oracle is not meant to parse this file, and it will not be able to do so successfully.

Quote from Garzofunk
    If someone would give me a place to start editing sets (I have an .xml editor but have no idea how to edit the sets) I could potentially create updated versions of the .xml files to help Arxanis when he is not available to edit sets/provide an automated system to edit sets. So far I've got the gist of how to formulate paths to the pictures, and how the table rows work, but I have no idea how to format the card files to match the original cockatrice database without scrupulously re-editing the automated patch downloads in full.

There shouldn't be much of an issue with XML formatting, other than removing unnecessary whitespace. It should handle random indentation fine.
    Rakdos's Return is a no show on Mana Cost and Image. Name and text box are there though
    any updates here? i'd like to test Jarad's Orders.
    Level 2 Judge

Quote from arxanas
    A fairly recent update changed the location of the cards.xml file. Make sure that you're editing the one in your AppData (Windows) / Library (Mac). Oracle is not meant to parse this file, and it will not be able to do so successfully.

That doesn't work either. Trice will not register this patch at all, really getting on my nerves now.
    Can`t even find my XML file, it`s not in AppData or ApplicationData, I use windows XP.
    Thanks a bunch for the update.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if people started playing this card alongside things like Blood Scrivener, or Dark Confidant, in older formats."

Jacob Van Lunen on Satyr Firedancer
    some images were better in the previous version, but it's nice to have 125 cards.
    thanks for the update
    Huey, Dewey and Louie are always dressed in RUG. it is CLEARLY going to be the wedges block

Standard BR Cows BG rock
    Modern WR Scepter U Ninja G Elves W Kithkins GNix Wave
    Commander WR Gisela WGR Marath GRB Prossh
    Update made Dreadbore go back into ugly image. :
    Thank you for the update man Smile

Edit: if you want to change the images, find the card inside the cards.xml and change the link to the image for another one, it's not hard.
    Last edited by Denegaar: 9/15/2012 7:32:34 AM
    ok im just looking to get cokcatrice and would like to get the new set on there as well im not very smart with computers any help would be appreciated
    The mothership's Card Image Gallery has better pics for several cards.
    Last edited by Axelle Blitzer: 9/15/2012 10:22:22 PM
    Quote from Guesswork
    So, you're a jellybean connoisseur.

Boy, do you love jellybeans! More importantly, you love good jellybeans, meaning root beer flavored jellybeans. Because those are the good ones, and the other ones are bad.

Quote continued here.
    I only wanted the rtr cards, so I downloaded that and copied it into the cards.xml file an all of that went smoothly, but when I open cockatrice the cards just aren't there? Any ideas?
    Quote from AMerexican
    I only wanted the rtr cards, so I downloaded that and copied it into the cards.xml file an all of that went smoothly, but when I open cockatrice the cards just aren't there? Any ideas?

Ensure you're editing the right cards.xml file.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes