[ISD] Innistrad Patch for Magic Workstation (264/264)

This post will be used for updating the Innistrad (set key ISD) spoiler for Magic Workstation. This thread will also be edited to contain directions and tips for public editing on the spoiler. If you use my version to form your own spoiler, please credit me.

Disclaimer: MTGSalvation nor Memnarch holds any responsibility for any damage caused by this unofficial patch. By using it, you acknowledge the fact that there might be problems along the way.

Patch Notes: (Please read these before posting--users who continue to post questions that are easily solved by reading may be warned or infracted.)

[NEW]: Due to the forum limitations on text-file size, I spliced the set file into two parts. Please download both parts, and then paste the Basic Lands into the Innistrad.txt file, then save it again before uploading, or you'll run into errors.

1) Due to the nature of the double-sided cards from Innistrad and my technical ineptitude with the finer points of Magic Workstation, the patch has been reworked to try to make the cards like flip cards from Champions of Kamigawa. The text is ridiculously small, so bear with it.

Alright, folks. This is now the one and only Innistrad MWS spoiler on MTGSalvation. All others will be locked on sight. Also, please do not use this thread for anything other than discussion of this spoiler. MWS discussion belongs in the stickied Official MWS Thread.

Thank you for your cooperation this rumor season.

Mythics (16/16):
    Angelic Overseer
    Mikaeus, the Lunarch
    Mirror-Mad Phantasm
    Skaab Ruinator
    Liliana of the Veil
    Army of the Damned
    Reaper from the Abyss
    Balefire Dragon
    Past in Flames
    Essence of the Wild
    Garruk Relentless//Garruk, the Veil-Cursed
    Tree of Redemption
    Geist of Saint Traft
    Grimgrin, Corpse-Born
    Olivia Voldaren
    Grimoire of the Dead

08/29/2011: Patch started on the first official day of WotC Spoilers for Innistrad. Currently not adding the other enemy Core duals because we don't have names. 52/264.
    08/30/2011: Added the other enemy Core duals (officially spoiled), added artist credit to Travel Preparations, and added WotC's spoilers for day 2, as well as SCG's Mentor of the Meek. 59/264.
    08/31/2011: Added more spoilers from day 3, fixed an issue on Elite Inquisitor's empty rarity spot (now rare). 63/264.
    09/01/2011: Added spoilers from day 4, confirmed flavor text for Invisible Stalker. 66/264.
    09/02/2011: Added spoilers from day 5, including visual spoiler additions. 71/264.
    09/03/2011: Added Divine Reckoning and the four cards from PT Philly. 76/264.
    09/05/2011: Added the two new mythics from day 6. 78/264.
    09/06/2011: Added the new cards from day 7. Now attempting the new style of two-faced cards as flip cards. 83/264.
    09/07/2011: Added the new cards from day 8. 89/264.
    09/08/2011: Added the new cards from day 9. 99/264.
    09/09/2011: Added the new cards from day 10. 102/264.
    09/12/2011: Added the new cards from day 11. 108/264.
    09/13/2011: Added the new cards from day 12. 127/264.
    09/14/2011: Added the new cards from day 13. 145/264.
    09/15/2011: Added the new cards from day 14, fixed the mana cost for Hollowhenge Scavenger. 158/164.
    09/16/2011: Added the new cards from day 15. 169/264.
    09/19/2011: Added the full spoiler, v1.0. 264/264.

Patching Directions:
    1. Get a Back-Up Master Base.
    2. Put MWS in Deck Edit Mode.
    3a. Click on the Library (Top Panel or Left Panel), save.
    3b. Analyze/Add/Remove Sets
    4. Add Innistrad with key ISD.
    5. This should say added 264 cards.
    6. Click a card in the left hand column (top), from the library, then go to File, Save Deck/Library.
    7. Here it still wont work and gives the error. So close MWS, then reopen it. This seems to do the trick for me. Sorry if this is patronizing but it's all I did.

Other Mana Codes:
    %D - W/U mana -- %V - U/B mana -- %K - B/R mana -- %L - R/G mana -- %A - W/G mana
    %O - W/B mana -- %I - U/R mana -- %Q - B/G mana -- %P - -- %S -
    %C -

(Must be in Default Theme by Gold Myr, download here)
    ! = White Phyrexian Mana :sympw:
    @ = Green Phyrexian Mana :sympg:
    ` = Blue Phyrexian Mana :sympu:
    $ = Black Phyrexian Mana :sympb:
    ^ = Red Phyrexian Mana :sympr:

The format you should use for card entries:
    Card Name:
    Card Color:
    Mana Cost:
    Type & Class:
    Pow/Tou:
    Card Text:
    Flavor Text:
    Artist:
    Rarity:
    Card #:

To do Planeswalker Loyalty, use %X# in the Pow/Tou line, where X is the starting loyalty.

REMINDER: If you want the cards in MWS to have a line break, use two spaces to separate the lines of text. One space is sufficient in MWS to get a spacing in one block of text.
    ATTACHMENTS
    • Innistrad Basic Lands
    • Innistrad
    Last edited by Memnarch: 9/23/2011 11:49:19 AM
    Memnarch's Panopticon (Helpdesk)
    [GTC] Gatecrash Patch for MWS (249/249)

Quote from Zephram Cochrane »
    Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.

thanks mem your Teh BEST Smile
    "Dear reader, you may have noticed our crack team of designers gave black a lot of love this set lolol." I'm just like. No, what you gave BLUE with Worldwake was love. Everyone else now is getting sloppy seconds because of the fantastic lovemaking session that produced (whether intentionally or not) the best PW that will ever be printed.

I realize this is the Speculation forum, but this is like ultra, ultra speculation. Like, stabbing in the dark with a spoon.

nice job man, I always get this topic to see what's been seeing so much and I'm doing downloand images to go already putting on my MWS.
    thanks guy! keep it up!

Hi guy, a problem from this patch, did download now and showme only 52 card, not 59 cards
    Last edited by wickerman_return: 8/30/2011 8:54:06 AM
    nothing to declare
    Yeah there's only 52 cards in the patch, and I was so looking forward to trying Liliana
    the patch continues the older one, with 52 cards only.
    Re-uploaded it. Let me know if the problem's fixed.

Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.

Good job memnarch, now as 63/264 cards....thx guy

Hey mom, I'm first page!!!

Last edited by wickerman_return: 8/31/2011 3:34:27 PM
    nothing to declare
    Are you not going to add the night sides of DFCs? I would put them as separate cards, so the user can put them in the sideboard for reference and demonstration.
    The Commander Gauntlet | Lameria
    BGW Ghave, Guru of Spores | UB Vela the Night-Clad | B Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker | R Norin the Wary | RG Stonebrow, Krosan Hero
    GUB The Mimeoplasm | BRG Kresh the Bloodbraided | RGW Uril the Miststalker | WUB Zur the Enchanter | GW Captain Sisay
    RWU Zedruu the Greathearted | UB Grimgrin, Corpse-Born | BR Kaervek the Merciless | BRG Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
    UBR Nicol Bolas | GUB Damia, Sage of Stone | X Karn, Silver Golem | UR Melek, Izzet Paragon
    the cards will be programmed as two-face? Do we have tokem do to play with them?
    nothing to declare
    BTW, you misspelled "Gatstaf" in the spoiler.
    BGW Ghave, Guru of Spores | UB Vela the Night-Clad | B Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker | R Norin the Wary | RG Stonebrow, Krosan Hero
    GUB The Mimeoplasm | BRG Kresh the Bloodbraided | RGW Uril the Miststalker | WUB Zur the Enchanter | GW Captain Sisay
    RWU Zedruu the Greathearted | UB Grimgrin, Corpse-Born | BR Kaervek the Merciless | BRG Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
    UBR Nicol Bolas | GUB Damia, Sage of Stone | X Karn, Silver Golem | UR Melek, Izzet Paragon
    Quote from chaosof99
    Are you not going to add the night sides of DFCs? I would put them as separate cards, so the user can put them in the sideboard for reference and demonstration.

The issue is that if they're included in the sideboard, they may go beyond 15 cards in the SB (and therefore not be a technically Std/Ext/Mdn/format legal deck). Tokens are not how I'd want to handle it, but I'm not a MWS techie.

Quote from Memnarch
    The issue is that if they're included in the sideboard, they may go beyond 15 cards in the SB (and therefore not be a technically Std/Ext/Mdn/format legal deck). Tokens are not how I'd want to handle it, but I'm not a MWS techie.

I don't usually give much about what legality MWS assigns to a deck. It's usually screwed up anyway due to reprints. E.g. if I don't use M12 or M11 Birds but an older print in MWS, it will tell me that the deck is not T2 legal.

It's also quite screwed up in Extended, telling me that the legal extended editions are (c/p:) "ISD", "M12", "NPH", "MBS", "SOM", "M11", "ROE", "WWK", "ZEN", "M10", "ARB", "CFX", "ALA", "EVE", "SHM", "MOR", "LRW".

And for modern it doesn't even have a button.
    Make the Day/Night cards split cards. Looking at the visual spoilers that is what they look like they are going to be anyways. Solves all the problems. Also, how about numbering the cards right? It would be awesome to have a spoiler I could update on my own if someone could figure out that the card numbers need to be done in a manner facilitating that. Thanks for the effort, but with these 2 complaints right here I do have to say this is by far the worst spoiler for MWS that I have ever seen.
    Eh, legality is a fair point--the software has been mostly dead on the developer side.

Also, if I use the exact card numbers, leaving gaps between cards, the spoiler won't load properly. This has happened to me in the past, requiring me to continuously update card numbers for each update. You're free to try and show me an alternative--or just don't use it.

I wasn't around for Champions block with MWS, so I've no clue about how to go about flip cards.

-----
    My ISP choked for the better part of Sunday afternoon till now, so I'll add the mythics from Monday's spoilers shortly.

To learn how to do split cards, or flip cards as you call them just pull up an old patch that has them. It will be all right there for you. And as far ass the numbers go I have seen many previous patches that have put gaps in the numbers and all of them have loaded perfectly for me. Might want to check how you load things.
    I don't believe this forum did any of the patchwork that far back (regrettably, my Search function will not provide any results with regards to Kamigawa)--the farthest back I recall was Future Sight/Tenth Edition/Lorwyn.

The patch for the Commander set has split cards in it, or was I the only one around for that set?
    Ignorant question: I see the .txt file, but it looks like MWS wants a .mwbase file.. is there some download I'm missing somewhere? The last time I imported a spoiler set, I seem to recall using a .mwbase file to do it.
    Hey Memmarch, will work as the mechanics of the flip innstrad? If we have to make cards or token of the program will understand that cards such as the relentless Garruk will be token to another Garruk?
    nothing to declare
    @mtel: chaosof99 spearheaded those patches, but I'll take a look.
    @Tech: You import the text file when browsing.
    @wickerman: The system won't recognize it perfectly--you'll have to have the tokens pre-made and ready. As mtel has suggested, perhaps flip cards are a route, but they'll definitely be short of space.

EDIT: Will try the flip-cards route. Update pending.

Guys, my ISP has been acting up, so if there are no updates for a while, understand that I'm not getting to connect to the internet. Cheers.
    Last edited by Memnarch: 9/6/2011 11:55:52 AM

Not quite sure what I am doing wrong, but it wont add the cards to MWS for me. I followed all the steps on the post but it either says "added 0 of 0 cards" or gives me "Current grid must be MASTER-like type". any help would be appreciated

------------------------------------------------------
    Figured it out. I wasn't using the Master.mwbase, i was using my back up. sorry for that.
    Last edited by gohanz7: 9/7/2011 10:27:08 PM
    I properly patched my mws with this patch but now, whenever i try to play my WW human deck, it shows no deck in the loader when I try to play with it. I can load ANY of the other decks I have with cards from INN and they work just fine, but it seems INN is broken. Anyone have any ideas?
    Quote from lordthat100188
    I properly patched my mws with this patch but now, whenever i try to play my WW human deck, it shows no deck in the loader when I try to play with it. I can load ANY of the other decks I have with cards from INN and they work just fine, but it seems INN is broken. Anyone have any ideas?

Similar problem for me, I get an error message whenever I want to load a INN deck.
    I think I've found a semi effective system for using Double Faced Cards on MWS and etc.

I took the text update and did some edits, all DFC are now split into two separate cards, one for each face. I have them labeled as they should be.

Second, I have split the images up for the DFC as well.

To use it in MWS, you put 1 copy of each "night" side of the DFC into your sideboard, at the start of the game exile them face down (or face up if you don't care about it)

Then you simply put the day versions in your main library. Accoridng to the rulings of mtg you are able to peek at the RFG night sides yourself for the rulings.

Then, when you play the daytime card, you bring the nighttime card out of exile and put it beside it. This also lets your opponent examine both sides in case they are considering countering.

Then right click on the night card and hit flip, it is now face down. When you transform, right click and flip both cards to "flip" the card. It actually is pretty smooth once you figure it out and get the hang of it. Way way simpler than trying to read a giant textbox, or trying to create huge ass tokens for the night time version of the cards.

Installing update on MWS:

Step 1: Download the zip file in the link below. Spoiler and images are located within.

Step 2: Installing update spoiler
    Open MWS
    View -> Library Mode
    Tools -> Analyze/Add/Remove Sets
    Add New Edition
    Edition Name = Innistrad
    Edition Key = INN
    Check off "Get data from text spoiler"
    Locate the spoiler text file you downloaded in step 1 and put it into "path to spoiler"
    Click next page and so on
    Finally, click File -> Save Deck/Library

Step 3: Installing images
    Right click on MWS shortcut on desktop and click "open file location"
    Navigate to Pics
    Copy and paste the "INN" folder into the Pics folder. Not the files within but the entire "INN" folder.

Link to files: http://www.mediafire.com/?96avqa72zpvycvz

Guide to using a flip card on MWS:

Step 1: Add x amount of your "day" version of your cards to your deck.

Step 2: Add 1 of each night version of each different day card to your sideboard.

Step 3: Load everything up on magic workstation online play, enter game

Step 4: Shift drag your night cards out onto the board, set them to the side.

Step 5: If your opponent is confused, just explain "double faced cards"

Step 6: When you have the day version of the card in hand you can right click -> peek the facedown card to see the other side's stats.

Step 7: When you cast the day card, you then right click -> flip the night card and set it beside it so your opponent may review both sides when deciding to counter.

Step 8: If it resolves, flip night side over and slip it "under" the day card, as if enchanting. (protip, placing a card in MWS "above" another card slightly has it under)

So, quick way to do a flip: Grab the facedown card, drag it 2 notches down, it is now ontop of the face up card. Then right click both cards and click flip card. It should take 1-2 seconds to do.

Enjoy! If there's anything I forgot to mention, or if you have any questions, feel free to say!

Edit: Almost forgot: Make sure you delete your current innistrad set when you update it!
    Last edited by SteffenBlake: 9/11/2011 9:58:22 PM
    Quote from Blad01
    Similar problem for me, I get an error message whenever I want to load a INN deck.

Same here.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes