[Official Thread] - Magic Set Editor 2

Quick question: I recently made a few new cards, and wanted to show them off to a buddy of mine. When I exported in HTML format, though, the images wouldn't show. Is there some way to export a sheet of card images with the actual images included?

EDIT: @ SlideGob: Do you mean Future Sight formatted cards? If so, all non-White/non-Multicolored cards from Future Sight have white text, while White and Multicolored cards have black text. It's how to template works. I don't think there's anything you can do to change it easily.
    Last edited by 13055: 10/23/2011 10:01:53 AM

I play mainly Casual! And almost always BUDGET!

My Casual Decks:

WSoldiersW
    BUNinjasUB
    BUZomBUsUB
    UWLevel-UpWU
    RGWNayan TitansWGR
    WUBRGSliverGRBUW

My Commander Deck:
    RBUGarza EDHUBR
    Quote from 13055

EDIT: @ SlideGob: Do you mean Future Sight formatted cards? If so, all non-White/non-Multicolored cards from Future Sight have white text, while White and Multicolored cards have black text. It's how to template works. I don't think there's anything you can do to change it easily.

Yes future shifted cards. The ones in question were only lands and some names were black while others white.

As to your question, could you email the jpgs? May take a few emails but it should get it done eventually.
    Yeah, that's my other option, but I wanted to just quickly share with a friend or two. Thought there should be a way. =\ even to just make a jpg with all the cards in a set on it.

As for the lands, I think it depends on what color mana it's producing. I think White, Multicolored, and Colorless give you black names, and Black, Green, Red, and Blue give you white names.

I play mainly Casual! And almost always BUDGET!

My Casual Decks:

WSoldiersW
    BUNinjasUB
    BUZomBUsUB
    UWLevel-UpWU
    RGWNayan TitansWGR
    WUBRGSliverGRBUW

My Commander Deck:
    RBUGarza EDHUBR
    Hey guys, I have a problem with the numbering; today I opened MES and when I saw it, the card list column by "#" doesn't appear and cannot put them in numerical order, anyone has the same problem?
    Last edited by AEferyamma: 11/18/2011 3:08:48 PM
    AEferyamma - Right-click in the area where the Name, Type, Rarity, etc. are, click on the "Card List Columns" box that pops up, then select any of the fields you want to have appear (# should be the sixth one down. If it has 2, the first is regular numbering, and the second is with a/b for transforming cards)

I am also have a problem with the Linux version. I am running MSE 2 on Ubuntu 11.04 intstalled following instructions on this MSE thread, and whenever I try to add/change a watermark, it closes, and there is no error window and nothing in the console, it just closes
    Last edited by taj1994: 1/9/2012 11:10:53 AM
    "The greatest harm can result from the best intentions" - Wizard's Second Rule
    "Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie" - Wizard's Fifth Rule
    "Life is the future, not the past" - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Talga Vassternich. (Deserve Victory)" - Wizard's Eighth Rule

Cockatrice username: taj1994
    Hey all,

Is it plausible for someone to make a transform template with the sun/moon mark made into a watermark instead, and for the second mode to be selected in a different way? I want guilds and other factions to be utilized for the sake of a custom set.

Thanks!

~Lil Kalki
    Quote from Maybe Eid
    Saying Venser is a more compelling character than Radha is like saying that belly-button lint is more compelling than the contents of my septic tank.
    Quote from Volrath »
    Since when is a race of twisted, evil, biomechanical horrors able to be associated with Sesame Street...?
    Quote from Gaka
    I, for one, welcome our new Norin the Wary overlords.
    Quote from zombiepete »
    Armada Wurm should meet up with Corpsejack Menace.

Is it possible to create the new style of game day promo's? ala Strangleroot Geist?
    I trying to develop a new mechanic that adds mana based on a set of circumstances. The mechanic is meant to add 1 mana of the same color as the permanent it is on. I know how to reference card subtypes as well as power and toughness in the keyword syntax, but I haven't been able to figure out how to reference card color. Any ideas?
    Quote from Balefire
    I trying to develop a new mechanic that adds mana based on a set of circumstances. The mechanic is meant to add 1 mana of the same color as the permanent it is on. I know how to reference card subtypes as well as power and toughness in the keyword syntax, but I haven't been able to figure out how to reference card color. Any ideas?

Mechanic Name -- Add one mana of any color this permanent is to your mana pool.
    Ravarshi Kashaku, Ancient Dragon of the Darkened Realms;
    The Merciless Lord of Torture, Permanently Bound To: ">[THE PACK] 11/5/63 - 11/25/09 Goodbye mom, i'll always love you...

Tibalt & His Devils vs. Avacyn's Inquisitors

My EDH decklists
    Quote from Ravarshi
    Mechanic Name -- Add one mana of any color this permanent is to your mana pool.

It's not that simple. It's a keyword, and having "one mana of this creature's color" in it makes it needlessly wordy compared to say ":symu:."
    Balefire, the mechanic would need to be able to handle multicolor cards.

My question:
    How to design transform cards in MSE?
    I do it as two cards: one of the regular rarity [the starting side], one of special rarity and a different frame [the transformed side]. I'd put them together if I was using the set somehow.
    Timmy/Vorthos/Spike.

Vintage: Dredge
    Legacy: Burn, Goblins, Soldier
    EDH: Nicol Bolas, Sliver Overlord, Rafiq
    Casual: Selesnya Saproling Smackdown, Izzet Labs, Rebel, Terese Nielsen, Doubling Pinnacle

Played since June 2004, mostly inactive from June 2011 to February 2014.

KingAlanI or AlanFromRochester on various sites, homerthebeerbaron on eBay.

MTG checklists from Alpha to Born of the Gods:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-general/548805-my-mtg-checklist-collection-updated-to-born-of-the
    Quote from taj1994
    AEferyamma - Right-click in the area where the Name, Type, Rarity, etc. are, click on the "Card List Columns" box that pops up, then select any of the fields you want to have appear (# should be the sixth one down. If it has 2, the first is regular numbering, and the second is with a/b for transforming cards)

I am also have a problem with the Linux version. I am running MSE 2 on Ubuntu 11.04 intstalled following instructions on this MSE thread, and whenever I try to add/change a watermark, it closes, and there is no error window and nothing in the console, it just closes

It's funny: I already did that but the # column doesn't appear. I deselect and select the # column again and it does nothing. Gaaaaaaaaaah
    Maybe I crash the program without knowing, but even uninstalling and installing again it still the same...
    I'd like once again to ask about the likelihood of a transform (or optional transform) template that uses other symbols than the sun/moon symbols. Can this be done and if so, will it?

Thank you.

~Lil Kalki
    Quote from Maybe Eid
    Saying Venser is a more compelling character than Radha is like saying that belly-button lint is more compelling than the contents of my septic tank.
    Quote from Volrath »
    Since when is a race of twisted, evil, biomechanical horrors able to be associated with Sesame Street...?
    Quote from Gaka
    Quote from zombiepete »

I'm using MSE on a Mac. I've wrestled in to working with Wine. So far its working beautifully, but I do have one problem. The drop done menus for, say, setting the rarity of the card don't work and I'm not entirely sure how to get around this.

Any tips on fixing it or getting around it? I feel like the console could help but I dunno how to use it entirely.

Thanks in advance~

By the lovely AWOL of Damnation Studios.
    How can you add custom mana symbols? I've read the thread at the MSE forums, but it's not clear what to change in the script file. I have four new icons in the magic-mana-large.msesymbolfont (E, V, F, A) and have edited the symbol font file accordingly, but I don't know what to do in the magic.mse-game folder. Which file? The one called "script"? Where in it do I change the WUBRG and how? I'm trying to make an Avatar: The Last Airbender set with Air (A), Water (V), Fire (F), and Earth (E) mana symbols. I'm starting with just the large ones. Thanks!
    Follow me! @DigitalBrony on twitter. ...if that's alright with you...
    Quote from codergeek42
    For the record, you, sir...you are AWESOME. Trophy

Quote from wilsonbiggs
    How can you add custom mana symbols? I've read the thread at the MSE forums, but it's not clear what to change in the script file. I have four new icons in the magic-mana-large.msesymbolfont (E, V, F, A) and have edited the symbol font file accordingly, but I don't know what to do in the magic.mse-game folder. Which file? The one called "script"? Where in it do I change the WUBRG and how? I'm trying to make an Avatar: The Last Airbender set with Air (A), Water (V), Fire (F), and Earth (E) mana symbols. I'm starting with just the large ones. Thanks!

Replacement is easy. You have the images and fonts all set, so it SHOULD be working if you've got stuff tagged to the right keystrokes.

I'd have to look into the code itself to know for sure, but you'll probably find what you're looking for hiding in the scirpts file. Just match key to color.

As a recommendation for the set, replace Island with Air, Mountain with Fire, Earth with Forest, Swamp with Water and make Plains a fifth "Spirit" color. This will count both for spirit beings (like K'oh the Face Stealer), and the Avatar itself.
    If you do this, Iroh should totally be Red/White.

Quote from KyoraSan
    Replacement is easy. You have the images and fonts all set, so it SHOULD be working if you've got stuff tagged to the right keystrokes.

I'd have to look into the code itself to know for sure, but you'll probably find what you're looking for hiding in the scirpts file. Just match key to color.

As a recommendation for the set, replace Island with Air, Mountain with Fire, Earth with Forest, Swamp with Water and make Plains a fifth "Spirit" color. This will count both for spirit beings (like K'oh the Face Stealer), and the Avatar itself.
    If you do this, Iroh should totally be Red/White.

The thing is, I don't want to replace, just add. What should I do in that case?
    Follow me! @DigitalBrony on twitter. ...if that's alright with you...
    Quote from codergeek42
    For the record, you, sir...you are AWESOME. Trophy

after visiting MSE's own forums and seeing that the wxWidgets issue that prevented it from being ported to mac would be fixed "sometime in 2009,"
    and coming here and searching this thread for "mac" and "os x" with 0 results, i simply must ask:

will there ever be a port of MSE for mac?

"Pardon me but do i SOUND like some trollycar bellwether toiling in the heart of the mustache belt from the ruff n tumble year of nineteen aught nine?"

My Decks:
    :symu::symg::symw:Rafiq: the Quick and the Dead:symw::symg::symu:

:symr::symb::symu:Tresserhorn Surprise Party:symu::symb::symr:

:symg::symw::symr:Hazy In The Yard:symr::symw::symg:
    Quote from Kreetn
    after visiting MSE's own forums and seeing that the wxWidgets issue that prevented it from being ported to mac would be fixed "sometime in 2009,"
    and coming here and searching this thread for "mac" and "os x" with 0 results, i simply must ask:

will there ever be a port of MSE for mac?

Possibly.
    But for now, it's not unusuable on a Mac.
    Search for a program called Wine, download it, and you should be able to get it working. It won't be perfect (I'm still having that problem with the scroll down menus) but it'll work.

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I can't install the futuresight templates. The FAQ site says "require having already installed the 0.3.8 version of the regular template". I have already done that but I can't still install the futuresight templates. help =)
    Hi. Have been using the MSE for years. Great program. Thanks a lot. You guys are awesome! On to the subject matter:

Is there a way to make the list of cards for the set have a sub-division option?

Example:

Instead of just the usual ordering of things in a big list (regardless of current sorting options):

-charm person [BU]
    -enchanted longsword [3]
    -arcane archer [1WU]
    -fireball [RRR]
    -composite longbow [2]

I would love to be able to sort them into folders and sub folders of my choosing (as in - customizable to that design's needs specifically):

/equipment
    -enchanted longsword [3]
    -composite longbow [2]
    /wizard spells
    /evocation
    -fireball [RRR]
    /enchantment
    -charm person [BU]
    /char classes
    -arcane archer [1WU]

(With the option of collapsing the folders to clear the view, if not too much to ask.)

OR:

The even simpler (seemingly, to us humble non programers) way of just having an option for adding custom or open ended card list columns.
    That way I could tag cards as whatever I wanted, and could later sort by those custom attributes.

Meanwhile:

Is there an attribute in the card list columns that I can write my own stuff in, and that has no relevant functionality for a rather straight forward set? One that I could use as a simple workaround, for the time being, to identify things such as cycles, flavor-tied groups, and the like for my own easy reference later in design?

Thanks to anyone who helps, and to anyone who has already contributed to the MSE so far.
    :sympu::nod::sym2g::p:symgu:;):symu::cthulhu::symg::cool2::symug::grin3::sym2u::rolleyes::sympg:
    The Simic: we have glow-in-the-dark milk and self replicating cookies.
    @Bazzal: That's a great idea! I'm really tired of having to search the cards and such, and your proposition would help a lot. I'm supporting this.
    "Your laws, like your bones, were made to be broken."
    Where can I download expansion symbols for this?
    Juggs W/U mana U/R mana R/G mana G/U mana U/B mana B/G mana W/G mana W/B mana B/R mana R/W mana Juggs
    Nude Eternal Witness?
    Wouldn't they have to edit that for the Chinese markets?
    Only if she had skulls for nipples.

Quote from Mike Flores »
    Absolutely nothing but boom booms in this deck.

Blue Deck
    Black Deck
    Red Deck
    Green Deck
    Is there any way as of yet to export a set into a file able to be utilized by Cockatrice?

If so, how?

Thanks!

~Lil Kalki
    Quote from Maybe Eid
    Quote from Volrath »
    Quote from Gaka
    Quote from zombiepete »

I know that MSE uses the same sorting priority that Wizards uses for Magic. But for some strange reason I have a few cards in my custom set that are out of order. For example, the first card in my set is a white card that starts with "S" even though I have other cards that are white that would obviously come before it alphabetically. I am using the High-Res Modern Template if that matters. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes