Salvation's SCCT/OCaaT - Single Card Ideas By YOU!

W/R Control burn? Sounds pretty awesome Smile

The wording sounds wonky, but I can't improve it any way I can think of.

That said, I think this card should go in black.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blood Grove 2B
    Enchantment

2: Put a 1/1 Blood Elemental creature token into play. Any player may activate this ability at sorcery speed.

At the beginning of each players upkeep, that player loses 1 life for each Elemental he controls
    Last edited by Winterspring: 10/26/2011 5:50:50 PM
    IIW: HM instead
    Up the casting cost to :2mana::symb::symb:, change the cost to to activate a a bit (My suggestion is 2/B if you're gonna keep the sorcery restriction, otherwise ":3mana: or :symb::symb:" if not), and change the upkeep trigger to "Blood" creatures. unless it works for the flavor you have already.

Fright or Cowardice :xmana::symb::symr: (C)
    Sorcery
    Choose one: X creatures you control gain intimidate until end of turn; or X creatures can't block this turn.
    Boggarts reveal in new sensations... Even if they can't always explain what they're feeling.
    Teroza Veg'Ra, Druidic Archmage :4mana::symg::symu::symug:
    Planeswalker- Teroza
    {+2}: Reveal the top card of your Library. If a Land card is revealed this way put it into the Battlefield. Otherwise put it into your hand.
    {-3}: Put a 1/1 Blue-Green Frog token into the Battlefield for each card in your Hand.
    {-11}: For each opponent choose a creature that player controls. Put three +1/+1 counters on and gain control of each creature choosen this way.
    {7}
    that card seems pretty much solid but then again BR isnt my forte
    It feels like the two abilities are too similar, and is overall pretty weak. A "creature can't block this turn" is worth 3/4 mana so most of the time it's just overpriced, and it isn't versatile enough to be playable. Maybe change one option to "deal 1 damage to X creatures", "X target creatures get -1/-1 until EOT", Heat Ray or something like that.

Flameborn Brawler 1R
    Creature - Elemental Warrior (U)
    When ~ enters the battlefield, you may have it fight target creature you don't control.
    R: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature it is fighting.
    2/1
    (Wording is probably off, hope it gives the idea)
    Empires rise and fall, but evil is eternal.

Quote from Chris Millar »
    Ah, enchantments! They're easily my second- or third-favourite type of nonland permanent.

Magic: The RPG Character - Alissi
    http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showpost.php?p=2488523&postcount=2
    I was just looking for a common B/R mana ability. I'll try it again later... I think your flamekin is awesome. I'm not sure about the wording either, but if my experiences with Veindrinker (which doesn't technically fight, but may as well), a favorite card of mine, are correct they deal damage at the same time, so if your goal is a kill spell this works, otherwise he still dies.... I might suggest giving him a bit of versatility; haste on a 3/1 for :1mana::symr: that could instead be an X damage spell isn't entirely unreasonable at uncommon. Essentially it's Heat Ray or Lightning Elemental that way.

Vampire Opportunist :3mana::symb::symr: (U)
    Creature- Vampire Warrior
    (First Strike?)
    Whenever a creature dealt damage by ~ dies, you may put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
    :1mana::symr::symb:, :symtap:: ~ deals damage equal to it's power to target creature dealt damage this turn.
    3/2
    "All sense of nobility is lost the moment they catch the scent of blood." Teroza Veg'Ra, 'The Tribes Of Ein'Allee'

I was gonna have it get +1/+1 (or 2) until end of turn and fight a creature, but that seemed a bit hack and too complicated for an uncommon. It's a wish card (one I wish I had) so it's a bit specific. I'm mostly not sure if the first strike is too much or not.
    Planeswalker- Teroza
    {+2}: Reveal the top card of your Library. If a Land card is revealed this way put it into the Battlefield. Otherwise put it into your hand.
    {-3}: Put a 1/1 Blue-Green Frog token into the Battlefield for each card in your Hand.
    {-11}: For each opponent choose a creature that player controls. Put three +1/+1 counters on and gain control of each creature choosen this way.
    {7}
    Quote from RobiNightwing

Vampire Opportunist :3mana::symb::symr: (U)
    Creature- Vampire Warrior
    (First Strike?)
    Whenever a creature dealt damage by ~ dies, you may put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
    :1mana::symr::symb:, :symtap:: ~ deals damage equal to it's power to target creature dealt damage this turn.
    3/2
    "All sense of nobility is lost the moment they catch the scent of blood." Teroza Veg'Ra, 'The Tribes Of Ein'Allee'

I was gonna have it get +1/+1 (or 2) until end of turn and fight a creature, but that seemed a bit hack and too complicated for an uncommon. It's a wish card (one I wish I had) so it's a bit specific. I'm mostly not sure if the first strike is too much or not.

I think the first strike is a tad much. I'm not sure about the ability. It can kill any creature once it starts getting counters, but the damage clause is narrow. I think it's printable, but that's just me.

Corrupted Conversion 3RRB
    Sorcery-Rare

Gain control of each creature target opponent controls until end of turn. Untap those creatures, they get -1/-1 and haste until end of turn.

The flavor of this card is essentially a mass mind control spell that's been corrupted, weakening all the targets. I wanted a "you lose X life, where X is the number of creatures untapped this way", but I thought that would make it wordy.
    Quote from Infallible
    Countermagic is the smell before rain, the sun on the horizon and the chocolate chips in my mint chocolate chip ice cream. It's the first time I saw a woman naked and the first time I smelled perfume. It's that feeling you get when you know you're right.
    But most of all; it's the feeling of playing Magic

Quote from Azel RavenWood
    Slaughter for the Slaughter God!!
    Insurrection sets the standard for this spell. That cost :5mana::symr::symr::symr: and affects everyone (important for multiplayer). this swaps out 2 mana and switches a red mana for a :symb:, targets a single opponent and also acts as a Nausea. I would actually swap another black mana for a red mana and cost it up one more (:4mana::symr::symb::symb:), and would expect to see it in the next commander deck cycles.

Spellbane, The Seeker :5mana::symw::symr::symu:
    Legendary Creature- Angel Elemental
    Flying, lifelink.
    If a spell or ability an opponent controls would target ~, counter that spell or ability unless it's controller has ~ deal 4 damage to him or her.
    Whenever ~ deals damage to a player you may draw a card.
    5/6

speaking of commanders?
    Planeswalker- Teroza
    {7}
    Well.... for a 8-cc legend, this seems fine. A little hard to kill, powerful, and useful. No more comments here.

Something to counter phyrexian mana. Maybe.

Blood Scavenger G
    Creature - Insect (U)
    Whenever an opponent pays life, you gain that much life.
    "These creatures have learned that those cultists are more than willing to waste blood, and they don't tolerate waste."
    1/1

So, opponents who screw around with (P/W)(P/U)(P/B)(P/R)(P/G) will help you. Is 1 mana too much for this sort of effect?

EDIT:

Blood Scavenger 1G
    Creature - Insect (U)
    Whenever an opponent pays life, you gain that much life.
    "These creatures have learned that those cultists are more than willing to waste blood, and they don't tolerate waste."
    1/1
    Last edited by magac: 10/27/2011 2:27:13 AM
    It is a (kind of) reverse Sanguine Bond, on a stick, for a severe discount. I would cost it at maybe 1WG, make it a 1/2, and feel okay about it.

(Cursed Necromancy? Please suggest a better name if you have one) 2BBB
    Enchantment-Rare
    When ~ enters the battlefield, you may exile all creature cards in all graveyards. You lose 1 lose one life and put a 2/2 black zombie creature token onto the battlefield for each card exiled this way.
    Whenever a creature card is put into a graveyard from anywhere, you may pay 1 life. If you do, exile that card and put a 2/2 black zombie creature onto the battlefield.

This is my idea of a cursed Necromancer, forced to give a bit of his life so that his minions can have life. It might be to wordy to fit on a card. What do you think?
    Quote from Infallible
    Countermagic is the smell before rain, the sun on the horizon and the chocolate chips in my mint chocolate chip ice cream. It's the first time I saw a woman naked and the first time I smelled perfume. It's that feeling you get when you know you're right.

It is similar to Bitterblossom, but it give's 2/2 without Flying, and it's conditional. I would reduce the cost by 1 or 2, because even though it is very swingy, there are some situations were it will outright kill you if you attempt to use it's ETB trigger, and there are some situations where it will do next to nothing.

Vampire's Wake B
    Enchantment
    At the beginning of your Upkeep, if your opponent has 10 or less life, draw a card.
    Always clear the mind after a blood bath.
    Last edited by Alarid: 10/27/2011 6:52:42 AM
    "If you don't wear your seatbelt, the police will shoot you in the head."
    - To my youngest sister when she was 6.

Everyone knows that good luck and good game are such insincere terms that any man who does not connect his right hook with the offender's jaw on the very utterance of such a phrase is no man I would consider as such.

Quote from Ninja Caterpie

Last time it went large-small-large, it went "happy adventure land", "mana filled happy adventure land", "DEAD MANA ELDRAZI OVERRUN SAD DEFENSE LAND."
    That card, sir, is quite broken. Could you imagine a B/R Aggroburn with this card in it? "Oh, let me just have this Phyrexian Arena for one mana"

Maybe up the cost to 1B, and make it lose you 1 life each turn?

Blightbringer 1BBB
    Creature - Human Horror [M]

Swampwalk, Deathtouch

When ~ deals damage to a player, all nonbasic lands that player controls become swamps as long as ~ is in play.

At the beginning of each opponents upkeep, that player loses 1 life for each swamp he or she controls.

"His touch was death, his breath was poison. How do you expect us to fight something like this?"

3/4
    I think he's a tad too powerful. He has a nice combat body, and once he deals damage, he just needs to sit back and relax while the opponent is being screwed. But then again, he only affects nonbasics, so perhaps in the current meta, it's doable. Or maybe 3/3?

Next:

Lore Mastery 3U
    Enchantment - Aura (U)
    Enchant creature you control
    At the beginning of your upkeep, Scry X, where X is enchanted creature's converted mana cost.

What say you?
    Quote from magac
    Lore Mastery 3U
    Enchantment - Aura (U)
    Enchant creature you control
    At the beginning of your upkeep, Scry X, where X is enchanted creature's converted mana cost.

What say you?

I think it's awesome. I kinda wish it did something else as well, such as give hexproof to protect your investment, but it's definately fine as is.

My Card:

Savage Prelate RG
    Creature - Human Barbarian Shaman
    Each spell costs 3 more to cast except during it's controller's turn.
    2/2

Vexing Shusher failed to make a mark in legacy, so lets take it a step further! This is basically Defense Grid stuck onto a grizzly bear, and is designed with legacy in mind. It wouldn't be much of an issue in standard thanks to the slower speed and more wrath of gods.
    See my custom set, Empire's End, here: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=506396

Currently 62/265 cards.
    Quote from The_Grey_King

My Card:

Savage Prelate RG
    Creature - Human Barbarian Shaman
    Each spell costs 3 more to cast except during it's controller's turn.
    2/2

Vexing Shusher failed to make a mark in legacy, so lets take it a step further! This is basically Defense Grid stuck onto a grizzly bear, and is designed with legacy in mind. It wouldn't be much of an issue in standard thanks to the slower speed and more wrath of gods.

I would add at least 1, as well as taking one of the creature types out just to make it read better. Other than that, this looks fine.

Death Shatter 2BB
    Sorcery-Uncommon
    ~ deals damage equal to the number of creature cards in target opponents graveyard to target creature that player controls.

Should there be an additional cost for this, such as lose life/sacrifice/discard, or should the mana cost be increased?
    Last edited by clockwork_revolutionary: 10/28/2011 9:20:05 AM
    Quote from Infallible

Death Shatter 2BB
    Sorcery-Uncommon
    ~ deals damage equal to the number of creature cards in target opponents graveyard to target creature that player controls.

I'd actually say drop it by B. Compare it to Tendrils of Corruption or even Doom Blade and I think you'll see it's not overpriced at all, especially considering that it is conditionally useful; if it's working, it says "Destroy Target Creature", if not it says "Poke target creature with a stick".

If you went up 1 in cost, I'd even say it should hit all of target opponents creatures.

Pack Alpha 1GG
    Creature - Wolf
    If ~ deals combat damage to a creature, you may tap any number of wolf creatures you control; each wolf you tap this way Fights that creature.
    3/3
    Hunt the leader and you risk facing the pack.
    It is basically Master of the Wild Hunt, without the token factory ability, and a changed method of wolf-ganking. I might almost change it to give all your wolves an activated fight ability, but still interesting and fair, at least.

Last Man Standing 2R
    Enchantment
    At the beginning of each player's end step, that player chooses a creature he or she controls, and another creature. The chosen creatures fight each other.
    If a there are less than two creatures on the battlefield, sacrifice ~.
    Last edited by terakhan: 10/28/2011 9:38:08 PM
    All will be one, or cut in two.
    Would fit much better in green. Otherwise, its kinda meh. Maybe remove the last clause?

Reality Bend
    2UW
    Sorcery

Cascade, cascade.
    Hm, this is interesting Smile But I do worry if allowing to cast two 3cc spells is fair for just 4 mana, although of course you need to worry about randomness. I think this can stay as it is. Very brilliant job Smile

Next:

Aria of Divine Purge 3WW
    Enchantment (M)
    At the beginning of your upkeep, if no creature card is exiled by Aria of Divine Purge, exile a creature you control. Otherwise, destroy all creatures, then return a creature card exiled by Aria of Divine Purge onto the battlefield under its owner's control.

So what it does is this: On the turn after this, you lose one creature from this. If that creature is a nontoke, on the next turn, you kill everyone, then return the exiled creature back to field. I'm actually wary of costing this 5cc, but what say you?

EDIT:

Aria of Divine Purge 4WW
    Enchantment (M)
    At the beginning of your upkeep, if no creature card is exiled by Aria of Divine Purge, exile a creature you control. Otherwise, destroy all creatures, then return a creature card exiled by Aria of Divine Purge onto the battlefield under its owner's control.
    Last edited by magac: 10/29/2011 11:51:49 PM
    That's a pretty powerful effect. This basically says that aggro decks are screwed for 5 CMC. Should be higher CMC IMHO.

Smart Confidant 1U
    Creature - Human Wizard
    At the beginning of your upkeep, exile the top 6 cards of your library, then draw a card.
    1U, Exile the top 6 cards of your library: Draw a card.
    Hey, look at the bright side, even if you go insane, you wont know it!

2/1
    Arc Slogger was one of the poorest received cards in Mirrodin, but this works better because you don't choose whether you want to mill yourself or not, thus not making you feel bad when you mill something; it's not like you had the choice. I don't like the activated ability because it will be used multiple times only in desperation.

Talus Kinkeeper 1W
    Creature - Human Ally Soldier (C)
    Champion an Ally
    2/4

Seems doable as an uncommon, as this one card can set off ally triggers twice. Anyways, as a creature, he's nothing too special but something that allies could have used.

Survival Expert :3mana::symw::symw:
    Creature - Human Scout {R}
    Whenever an Ally creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may put a +1/+1 counter onto Survival Expert. If you do, you gain life equal to the number of Allies you control.
    Allies you control have Lifelink.
    3/3
    "Endurance is the ability to sustain over time, to call from ourselves renewed commitment and effort when we are confronted with challenges or hardship."

Credit to Maelstrom Graphics for the sig.
    Hmm i think this card is a bit too strong, allies already have the lifegain and lifelink effects, even more lifegain whould be a bit much imo

my first attempt, tell my what you guys think!

Teferi the Cursed 2BUU
    Legendary Creature - Zombie Wizard
    Flash
    Instant and sorcery cards in your graveyard have flashback, the flashback cost is equal to their mana cost.
    Sorcery cards in your graveyard have flash.
    You cannot cast spells from your hand.
    If ~ or another card whould be put into your graveyard from anywhere exile it instead.

Last edited by drakenkanon: 10/29/2011 5:40:30 PM
    Uh.... wow. I don't know what to say about this. This basically prevents you from playing anything other than Instants and Sorceries, but the fact that now you can play them as Instants can be a bit bonkers. Still, since you are forced to Flashback everything, this probably is fine. P/T? 3/4 at least like the original, but I think more seems doable.

Next

Unsung Anthem 2WW
    Enchantment (R)
    When Unsung Anthem enters the battlefield or at the beginning of each player's upkeep, creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.
    When Unsung Anthem leaves the battlefield, creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.
    Sacrifice Unsung Anthem: Creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.

Comments?
    I think the first ability could be static, but other than that it seems fine.

A Recurring Nightmare for Sorcery.

Recurring Dream 2U
    Enchantment
    Discard a Sorcery card, Return Recurring Dream to it's owner's hand: Return target Sorcery card from your Graveyard to your hand. Activate this ability only anytime you could activate a Sorcery.
    I am released by sleep and unraveled by dreams.
    Last edited by Alarid: 10/30/2011 4:28:15 AM
    "If you don't wear your seatbelt, the police will shoot you in the head."
    - To my youngest sister when she was 6.

Everyone knows that good luck and good game are such insincere terms that any man who does not connect his right hook with the offender's jaw on the very utterance of such a phrase is no man I would consider as such.

Quote from Ninja Caterpie

Last time it went large-small-large, it went "happy adventure land", "mana filled happy adventure land", "DEAD MANA ELDRAZI OVERRUN SAD DEFENSE LAND."
    hmm i think it should say instant or sorcery, else you are leaving out a lot of good cards. other than that it seems fine

spirit of vengeance W
    creature - spirit
    flying
    Anytime ~ whould leave the battlefield through anything other than an effect you control instead exile it. At the beginning of the next end step return it to the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is 1 plus the amount of +1/+1 counters it had on it before it was exiled.
    0/1
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes