Greek Mythology

The title explains it all. Choose one being from GM and create a card based on it.

Something rather simple as example:
    ATTACHMENTS
    • AresGodofWar-
    Zeus, Master of Olympus 5WWW
    Legendary Creature - God
    7/7

Trample, Vigilance, Protection from Humans
    When Zeus, Master of Olympus enters the battlefield, if you cast it from your hand, gain 10 life.
    Whenever Zeus, Master of Olympus deals combat damage to an opponent, you may pay 2W. If you do, deal 3 damage to each nonwhite creature.
    It was once written by a man that the heavens crashed as Zeus descended to the realm of mortals. Little did that man understand, that Zeus IS the heavens.

Ares is a god, not a mere avatar. Respect him as such!
    Seven Knights gathered under a single banner, but soon came to learn one more would join their cause.
    Quote from Crusader_8
    Zeus, Master of Olympus 5WWW
    Legendary Creature - God
    7/7

When Zeus, Master of Olympus enters the battlefield, if you cast it from your hand, gain 10 life.
    Whenever Zeus, Master of Olympus deals combat damage to an opponent, you may pay 2W. If you do, deal 3 damage to each nonwhite creature.
    It was once written by a man that the heavens crashed as Zeus descended to the realm of mortals. Little did that man understand, that Zeus IS the heavens.

Ares is a god, not a mere avatar. Respect him as such!

Why would Zeus do the exact same thing in combat as Oros, except for the fact Zeus is incapable of doing it if all his damage is redirected to his controller?
    Quote from Shadowfate
    Why would Zeus do the exact same thing in combat as Oros, except for the fact Zeus is incapable of doing it if all his damage is redirected to his controller?

Because he's Zeus.

But seriously, I wanted him to have a direct damage ability since he throws lightning bolts, and I felt since I'm not exactly entering a design contest it would be fun to tack on Oros' ability.

As for my wording on the ability - if you're going to redirect Zeus' damage to his controller, then you're not cool. Mad
    Seven Knights gathered under a single banner, but soon came to learn one more would join their cause.
    Quote from Crusader_8
    Because he's Zeus.

But seriously, I wanted him to have a direct damage ability since he throws lightning bolts, and I felt since I'm not exactly entering a design contest it would be fun to tack on Oros' ability.

As for my wording on the ability - if you're going to redirect Zeus' damage to his controller, then you're not cool. Mad

Global damage != direct damage, and lightning is definitely red, not white. If you want to go the flavor of throwing lightning at things, why not go with a Kumano style ability?
    WHY DON'T YOU LIKE MY ZEUS WAAAAAHHHHHHH
    j/k. You really don't like my design, do you? Almost like it gets under your skin or something. For your info, while in Greek Mythology most gods could be argued as being red creatures since they are mischievous and most embrace the philosophies of chaos, Zeus all in all is the embodiment of a white creature, though his lightning bolt charade is red-like but I don't think it makes him red. Oh wait! Idea.

Alright, new design.

Zeus, Master of Olympus 4WWW
    Legendary Creature - God
    7/7

Forecast - 1R, reveal Zeus, Master of Olympus: Zeus, Master of Olympus deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
    When Zeus, Master of Olympus enters the battlefield, if you cast it from your hand, gain 7 life.

If he's throwing lightning bolts he's usually still in the heavens or Olympus, so it made no sense for him to do that stuff while out and about on the battlefield anyway. Smile I also reduced the cost by 1 and reduced the life gain CIP ability.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes