High~Light Studios [Spiderboy4 & Zaph] NO NEW REQUESTS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

[ Staff ]

Zaph

Special Ability: SE Deck Banners
    Special Skill: Chaotic Blending & Outbordered
    Examples of work in extendo!

Spiderboy4
    Special Ability: Animated avatars
    Special Skill: Spitting out Awesomeness & Doing So in Bunches!
    Examples of work in extendo!

[ General Rules ]

1. Minimum Post Amount - You must have at least 25 posts. That isn't too much to ask, right? If you don't, but you place a request anyway, we reserve the right to ignore it.
    2. Credits - Please credit [High~Light Studios] and/or the artist that took your request (if so, make sure you credit the right artist!) in your signature, preferably with a link. Be precise about this! If not, you might just get a ban from this shop.
    3. Multi-Requesting - Don't request in multiple shops. If you request in another shop after requesting here, your request will be cancelled. Repeatingly ignoring this rule might result in a ban.

4. Patience - If you think we are taking too long on your request, don't start poking. Requests will never be ignored. If you see you are not on our list, feel free to send a PM.
    5. No Spam - Also don't spam with reactions on other people's banners, decklists, or whatever. It clutters the thread and will get you an infraction.
    6. Respect - Please be respectful. This one's easy.

7. If you have questions, please ask them.

[ The List ]

We work with a list that we will post with every update.
    If you request, you will be put on the bottom of the list.
    We do however reserve the right to do the requests in whatever order we like, keeping as close to the list order as we can, but when an easy or appealing request comes up we might just feel like doing that one first. Don't worry, yours will be done too. We try to not do this too often and stick as close to the list as possible.

One of our names behind the request ((Zaph); (SB4); etc.) indicates that that person will handle the request. No name behind your request; no need to worry. It will probably just be done without announcing who will be doing it.
    It's just a system for reserving requests.

[ Requesting Guidelines ]

1. Request here, in this thread, not via PM!
    2. Please tell us WHAT it is you want; avatar, signature banner, or something else. If you want a signature banner, please tell us what size it should be.
    3. Please be precise about what you want;
    3.1 If you want a "blended art banner"(multiple pictures, MTG artwork for ex.), please tell us in which order you want them to be. If not, we will do what we think looks good. If you do request a specific order, but it doesn't look good to us, we reserve the right to change the order. Also, please select a number of arts between 3 and 6(500x100-600x100) or 2 and 4(450x150).
    3.2 If you want text in your signature banner or avatar, please tell us where you want it to be. If not, we will do what we think looks good. If you do request a specific place for the text to be, but it doesn't look good to us, we reserve the right to change the placement.
    —3.3 If you want something else, be precise as well.
    4. If you want non-MTG-art-pictures in your banner, please provide these pictures yourself, or be very clear about what picture you want (this applies to unique pictures, a well-known album cover for example), although even in this case it would still be just as easy to attach it yourself.
    5. If you want a specific color/tone/mood, please tell us.

[ What do we do right now? ]

1. Signature banners
    2. Avatars
    3. Thread Banners
    4. Custom Sets and Custom Cards (FCC included)
    5. If you want something else done, just ask, though we can't guarantee we can do it.

Signatures banners:
    600x100, 450x150, or smaller.
    Multilink banners.
    Outbordered/Partially transparant banners.
    "Bevel-Border" banners.
    "SE(Special Edition) Deck Banners"
    Explanation & Examples:

Different sizes available include, but are not limited to the following examples. However, a signature banner can never be bigger than either 600x100 or 450x150 pixels.

Image removed due to an invalid URL:

Popular!

Popular!

Popular alternative if there's not enough material to make it 600x100.

An elegant alternative on the 450x150 kind. Best suited for just 1 piece of artwork.

Note: We also do vertical banners (150x450 for example), but you are not allowed to use them as a signature banner on MTGSalvation.com
    The "Blended art" banner is a common type of banner you see all over the forums. It's a banner with different (MTG-)art blended into each other, often depicting a certain theme:

Rakdos theme

Smokebraider and Spiraling Embers

Azorius Theme

(Also actually an SE deck banner)
    The multilink banner is a banner that has one or more clickable "buttons" that link to for example your extended signature, your clan, your moderator desk, your trade thread, or your own signature shop!
    They could look like this:

Three links in "[...]"

Yes, those three blueish things are the buttons!

Four links in one long "button".
    (Note: This is another example of an "outbordered/partially transparant" banner.

These are banners that are not (entirely) rectangular.
    Let's just show examples:

These banners have rectangular shapes, but there's something that "comes out of the border".

But these ones don't have a rectangular shape at all:

"Bevel-Border" banners are banners that look like they are 3D objects. It's just a simple touch of a 3D border:

(Note: This is another example of a "blended art" banner)

Zaph's speciality. The special thing about these banners is the way they are made. To request, you must post a decklist. Then, I will make a banner, using artwork of cards from the deck. This way, I have freedom, and if you're lucky, the banners turn out spectacular:

"Threshold Sligh"

"R/b"

"Polymorph" deck

100x100(or 40.0Kb, whichever one is smaller)
    Simple animations (by Spiderboy4 & Mr. Stuff only).
    Outbordered/Partially transparant avatars.
    "Bevel-Border" avatars.
    Explanation & Examples:
    Just like the banners.

(Note: This is also a "bevel-border" avatar.)

Just like the banners.

Thread Banners:
    -Extended Signatures
    -Moderator Helpdesks
    -Article Headers
    -Clan Banners
    -Custom Contests and Games
    -Colosseum

-Usually 700 x 200 or an appropriate size given the request.

A thread banner is a banner that depicts what the entire thread is about and is displayed before anything else. Requests will be handled delicately and we will ensure the highest quality work and will work until we get it right. Banners needed within a deadline will be moved to a higher priority.

Please be as specific as you can and include all magic art that you want in the banner. If a specific order is needed, please tell us why, otherwise we will use our artistic visions and create something that looks good. If non-magic art is to be used, please attach or link all images, and any fonts that you want included should also be linked.
    Examples:
    Extended Signatures

Moderator Helpdesks

Article Headers

Clan Banners

Custom Contests and Games

Colosseum

Custom Sets and Custom Cards (FCC included):
    -Set Logos
    -Card Renders
    -FCC submissions
    -Expansion Symbols

A clear description of your set’s theme must be provided when requesting a logo or expansion symbol. A sample card from MSE can be provided if you just want a higher
    resolution expansion symbol made.When requesting individual card renders, you must
    include everything from the art (or link), artist, collector number and a text version of your card. Be sure to give us the final version of the card you want rendered.
    Examples:

[ Examples of our work ]

All examples in the above sections were made by either Zaph or Spiderboy4. Here are some more examples of our work:

More examples in Zaph's Extended Signature

More examples in Spiderboy4's Extended Signature

Last edited by Zaph: 2/20/2010 5:47:23 PM
    Ai, totally sweet.
    I'd like to see what you can do with Garruk.
    I don't have any text I want on there what so ever, you could however smack a Lorwyn logo/symbol.

Go wild Smile

[I would like it to be quite flat and stretched although I know that that is REALLY hard.]
    Quote from Skajetolaf
    Go wild Smile
    That is, off course, what Garruk's all about Wink

I'll see what I can do for you Smile

EDIT:

How 'bout this:

Here's a darker version, which I think looks better:
    ATTACHMENTS
    • Garruk SIG copy
    • Garruk SIG copy2
    Last edited by Zaph: 9/29/2007 12:55:48 PM
    Could you make me an avvy/sig combination using the cover art of The Dark Side of the Moon from Pink Floyd? Much appreciated if you could. I don't care how you do it really,as long as the prism is featured somehow and as long as it looks cool.
    Quote from Zyrakris
    You realize that all we're seeing is rares, right? And obviously all they're gonna be revealing are the good rares at first, right? Then we'll have a week full of nothing but crap, and that's when we'll get a hundred thousand people saying "OMFG THIS IS THE WURST SET EVAR".

Quote from shadow_agent.
    as long as it looks cool.
    Which isn't difficult with such a cover;)

I'm working on it Smile

Wait, what size do you want the sig to be? I'll just make it 600x100 Smile
    Last edited by Zaph: 9/30/2007 6:09:36 AM
    Thank you very much mate Smile Well done!
    And here's a matching avvy if you want it, Skajetolaf Smile

EDIT: Ah, I see you've got one yourself already. Well, you're not obliged to use mine off course :p Wink
    ATTACHMENTS
    • Garruk AVA copy
    Hi
    I would like a SIG
    NORMAL SIG SIZE
    a PICTURE OF FERGIE
    i would like the text to say CONFESS TO ME or FERGIE just not caps plz
    the TONE or MOOD of the sig should be GIRLY and BRIGHT OR DARK AND MYSTERIOUS

Thank You so much in advance = )
    Quote from robotmonkey
    Hi
    I would like a SIG
    NORMAL SIG SIZE
    a PICTURE OF FERGIE
    i would like the text to say CONFESS TO ME or FERGIE just not caps plz
    the TONE or MOOD of the sig should be GIRLY and BRIGHT OR DARK AND MYSTERIOUS

Thank You so much in advance = )
    Sorry, but I must ask you to provide a picture yourself. If someone tells me "Garruk", or "Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd", I don't have much choice in pictures. But this is different. I can't work without pictures, you see.

> [Currently working on shadow_agent's request]

EDIT: Done

I took the liberty of entering some quotes from
    "Brain Damage", I've attached that version as well. It looks better without it though.

ATTACHMENTS
    • Dark Side AVA copy
    • Dark Side SIG copy
    • Dark Side SIG copy2
    Last edited by Zaph: 9/30/2007 4:06:06 PM
    Woot, cool ^^ Thanks man.

EDIT: why does the sig looks so blurry? Is there something I can do 'bout it?
    Last edited by shadow_agent.: 9/30/2007 6:53:34 AM
    Quote from Zyrakris
    You realize that all we're seeing is rares, right? And obviously all they're gonna be revealing are the good rares at first, right? Then we'll have a week full of nothing but crap, and that's when we'll get a hundred thousand people saying "OMFG THIS IS THE WURST SET EVAR".

Quote from shadow_agent.
    Woot, cool ^^ Thanks man.

EDIT: why does the sig looks so blurry? Is there something I can do 'bout it?
    Just a minute.

(Oh, btw, you forgot to remove you credit to Nex3 for you avvy)

EDIT: Try this one;

Also, could you make your credit link to this page? I'd be grateful Smile

EDIT2: Smileup

Now, I've got nothing to do but wait for robotmonkey to give me a pic or new customers.
    ATTACHMENTS
    • Dark Side SIG copy2-2
    Last edited by Zaph: 9/30/2007 4:07:38 PM
    If you could do a 600x100 SIG featuring Loxodon Hierarch with The Nick written in it, I'd really apprciate it.

TY to Zaphod from High~Light Studios
    Quote from The Nick
    If you could do a 600x100 SIG featuring Loxodon Hierarch with The Nick written in it, I'd really apprciate it.
    If you read the rules stated in the first post, I'd really appreciate it as well. Is that so?
    Right. 5 posts. I'll get right on that.

I don't want to call everyone with 5 or less posts a "request 'n runner", but I just would like to see the result of my work, "the fruits of labor", you see Smile

So I don't like people who never come back after making less than 10 posts or so.

Furthermore, I think I'm going to up the minimum a little. I'll take your request at 5 The Nick, but in the future, you will need 10 posts.

Also, robotmonkey's request is cancelled 'till he/she comes back with 10 posts and a pic.
    Hey I was wondering if you could do me a SIG 600x100.

I'm a recent graduate of West Virginia University and I would like mountaineers to be the theme of it. So I was thinking maybe incorporate the Goblin Mountaineer picture and Goblin Piledriver picture, a picture of our flying WV (below), and maybe a picture of our mascot (below). I'm no artist so I don't know if this all is going to work, so I'll leave it up to you (if your even going to do it). If all else fails, a goblin theme would make me very happy. Thanks!

My haves/wants list:

Thanks Zaphod of High~Light Studios for my sweet SIG! Jam
    Quote from lagillesp
    Hey I was wondering if you could do me a SIG 600x100.

I'm a recent graduate of West Virginia University and I would like mountaineers to be the theme of it. So I was thinking maybe incorporate the Goblin Mountaineer picture and Goblin Piledriver picture, a picture of our flying WV (below), and maybe a picture of our mascot (below). I'm no artist so I don't know if this all is going to work, so I'll leave it up to you (if your even going to do it). If all else fails, a goblin theme would make me very happy. Thanks!

I'll see what I can do. What picture for the Mountaineers would you like? Also, at the moment, I think the logo could make it but the mascot probably won't, since I'm afraid it won't blend right, mainly because of it being B&W(and I can't color with photoshop ;))
    Idk about the mountaineer pic, both pictures look like pretty plain goblins, maybe the orcish settlers picture would get the whole mountaineer idea across better.
    My haves/wants list:

> Currently working on:
    The Nick - Banner 600x100, Loxodon Hierarch, "The Nick"
    lagillesp - Banner 600x100, Orcish Settlers + Goblin Piledriver + WV Logo, no text.
    Ok guys, I had to do it with the information you gave me, and this is the result. Both have become 500x100 instead of 600x100, cause there would be to much open space left if I had.

Tell me what you think. If you want something changed, please say so.

The Nick:

lagillesp:
    ATTACHMENTS
    • The Nick SIG copy
    • WV SIG copy
    Last edited by Zaph: 10/5/2007 1:35:42 PM
    looks AWESOME! now im wondering is it too late or maybe there is something I need to do, but how do i get my have/wants list to link when you click on the sig.

BTW thanks a ton!

Edit: NVM i figured it out!
    Last edited by lagillesp: 10/5/2007 1:01:12 PM
    My haves/wants list:

Quote from lagillesp
    looks AWESOME! now im wondering is it too late or maybe there is something I need to do, but how do i get my have/wants list to link when you click on the sig.

BTW thanks a ton!

Edit: NVM i figured it out!
    Glad to see you like it Smile But could you make the words "High~Light Studios" in your sig link to this page? Thanks Smile

EDIT: I know I said "this page", but I meant "this thread" actually; the first page. Thanks in advance Smile
    Last edited by Zaph: 10/5/2007 3:22:10 PM
    Thanks a ton. The sig is super sick.

Can you make me a sig size 600x100?

I was thinking an Adarkar Valkyrie/Avatar of Woe sig. Any text you think would look good is fine, I was thinking life/death, balance of powers kind of thing. Thanks Zaphod!
    Last edited by |CDM|: 10/9/2007 11:48:55 PM

banner by god child. he'd make you one too, if you weren't so bad at posting.

Quote from Annorax
    Call me a moron crippled with Asperger's
    Hi I was wondering could you design me a wolf banner and avvy. Mine are nice but its just i want something a little more realistic similar to some of your banners with wolves on your extended sig. Something with a wolf howling at the moon would be cool but i leave artistic creativity in your hands. Also do include the text "The Wolves of Fenris" on the banner. One last thing. Do i need to find some art are do you think you can find some great wolf images? Thanks Zaphod.
    Originally commissioned through High~Light Studios
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes