Modern Masters FeverLet your creative spirit be caught by it!
I'm sure many of you would agree that modern is a lovely format. Personally, I felt its arrival as a breath of fresh air. Now that the whole community has settled regarding its appearance and it's developing wonderfuly, WotC has decided that the new generations of players (and the sinior ones as well) deserve to fully enjoy it, and what does this mean? Yes. Many of the old print staples have to be available for them. So, PUFF! New product: Modern Masters it is, and promises to deliver a lot of joy, beside those precious cards we're needing.
We know this special set doesn't need much advertising to be successful. One of many indicators of such statement being all the hype it's getting here and there. Even so, giving it a hand wouldn't hurt anybody, would it? Well, let's have a marqueting creative round in May and produce some fictional billboards, such as those you could find in any card store, and make Tarmo proud of you!
Create a fictional advertising poster designed to promote the upcomming product: Modern Masters. Even when it's up to you wich cards and/or card artworks to chose to display in your piece and how, you'll be subject to some rules:
- Cards and/or card artworks you use in your creation must belong to WotC and particulary to the game (MtG). They could come from any official product, such as old advertising from the game, card arts, MTGO artwork, etc.
- Those images should also belong to cards/blocks that are legal in modern.
- The whole text content should emulate the original billboards in the way they usually promotes the upcomming sets. Of course, you could be creative here, but try to don't be too creative
- The piece should contain the following line somewere, also being easily readable: -FICTIONAL/UNOFFICIAL CONTENT-
- Please, be sure you provide all the sources from the images you used while sending your entry. Expecting us to examine your piece in order to figure out wich artworks were used and searh for the original artist's names and/or origins of the images isn't an option. Unfortunately, entries sent without this information will not be accepted as valid entries. So make sure you send all the required information.
- Oh, yes. The most important one: Tarmo should be part of the design.
The contest winner determined by poll will be rewarded with a digital trophy above his avatar and announced on mtgsalvation home.
More information, rules and restrictions - please read carefully!
You don`t have to use Photoshop - you can use any image editing software you like.
The work you submit must be something new you created for this contest and nothing you pulled from your portfolio.
Keep in mind your entry should be work safe.
Silent submission: Do not post your work here. Instead send it by pm to adunakhor and CCBlackbull. All entries will be revealed when the polls are up.
Deadline for this contest is 31 May
Contest specific rules:
Your piece does not has to be realsize. Actually, if you send the finished entry in a standard size we could adjust for the poll thread would be simply great (we are to adjust them anyway.)
What does this mean exactly? Could you give some examples?
Well, since these are made on paper, it's hard to find images that aren't related to auctions in sales sites. If you google something like "mtg + poster + add" or something similar, you would be able to see a couple of these (there's one of Worldwake with JtMS) Even so, here you have some examples I think could illustrate a bit what the task is about: Here and here.