May Photoshop Contest

[CENTER][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n96/Female_Kaldra_is_hot/Contests/attachment-5.png[/IMG] [/CENTER] [CENTER] Banner by ChrisXIV[/CENTER] [LEFT][CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue][B][SIZE=5]Modern Masters Fever[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Let your creative spirit be caught by it! [/I] [LEFT][SIZE=2]I[SIZE=2]'m sure[/SIZE] many of [SIZE=2]you would agree that m[/SIZE]odern is a lovely format[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2].[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=2] Personally[SIZE=2], I felt its arrival as a breath of fresh air. [SIZE=2]Now that the whole community has settled regarding its appearance and it[SIZE=2]'[/SIZE]s developing wonderfuly, WotC has decided that the new generations of players (and[SIZE=2] the sinior ones as well) [/SIZE]deserve to fully enjoy it, and what does this mean? Yes. Many of [SIZE=2]t[/SIZE]he old print staples have to be available for them. So, PUFF! New product: [B]Modern Masters[/B] [SIZE=2]it is, and promises to deliver a lot of joy, beside those precious cards[/SIZE] we're needing. [SIZE=2]We know[/SIZE] [/SIZE][/SIZE]th[SIZE=2]is special set does[SIZE=2]n't need much advertising to be successful[SIZE=2]. One[/SIZE] of many indicators of such statement being [SIZE=2]all the hype it's getting here and there. Even so, giving it a hand wouldn't hurt anybody, would it? Well, [SIZE=2]l[/SIZE]et's have a marqueting creative round in May and produce some fictional billboards[SIZE=2], such as those you could find in any card store[SIZE=2][SIZE=2], and make [URL="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=136142"]Tarmo[/URL] proud of you![/SIZE] Wink[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE] [COLOR=Blue][B]Your challenge[/B][/COLOR]: [/LEFT] [/CENTER] [SIZE=2]Create a[SIZE=2] fictional[/SIZE] advertising poster designed to promote the upcomming product: [B]Modern Masters[/B]. Even whe[SIZE=2]n [SIZE=2]it's up to you wich card[SIZE=2]s and[SIZE=2]/or card artworks to cho[SIZE=2]se to [/SIZE]display in your piece and how, you[SIZE=2]'ll be subject to some [SIZE=2]rules: [SIZE=2]- Cards and[SIZE=2]/or card artworks you use in your creation must belong to WotC and particulary to the game (MtG). They could come from [SIZE=2]any official product, such as old advertising from the game, card arts, MT[SIZE=2]GO artwork, etc. [SIZE=2]- Th[SIZE=2]ose images should also belong to [SIZE=2]cards/blocks that[/SIZE] are legal in modern.[/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]- [SIZE=2]T[SIZE=2]he whole text content should emulate the original billboards in the way [SIZE=2]they[/SIZE] usually promotes the upcomming sets. Of course, you could be creative here, but try to [U]don't be too creative[/U][SIZE=2] Rolleyes[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]- The [SIZE=2]piece should contain the following line somewere, also being easily [SIZE=2]readable: [B]-[SIZE=2]FICTIONAL/U[SIZE=2]NOFFICIAL[/SIZE] CONTENT[/SIZE]-[/B] [SIZE=2]- Please, be sure you provide [SIZE=2]all the sources from the images you used while sending your entry. Expecting us to examine your piece[SIZE=2] in order to figure out wich artworks were used and searh for the original artist[SIZE=2]'s[/SIZE] names and[SIZE=2]/or origins[/SIZE] of the [SIZE=2]images [/SIZE]isn't an option. [SIZE=2]Unfortunately, e[/SIZE]ntries sent without this information will not be accepted as valid entries. So make sure you send all the required information. - Oh, yes. The most important one: [URL="http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=136142"]Tarmo[/URL] should be part of the design. [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]Kekeke[CENTER][B] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue] Your reward[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Black]The contest winner determined by poll will be rewarded with a digital trophy above his avatar and announced on [URL="http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=230"]mtgsalvation home[/URL].[/COLOR][/COLOR] [/CENTER] [/LEFT] [LEFT][CENTER][COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Black][IMG]http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt325/aradunakhor/Sonstiges/trophysmiley.gif?t=1341142999[/IMG][/COLOR][/COLOR] [/CENTER] [COLOR=Blue][B][SIZE=3]More information, rules and restrictions - please read carefully![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [B]General rules[/B] [LIST] [*]You don`t have to use Photoshop - you can use any image editing software you like. [*]The work you submit must be something new you created for this contest and nothing you pulled from your portfolio. [*]Keep in mind your entry should be [B]work safe[/B]. [*][B]Silent submission:[/B] Do not post your work here. Instead send it by pm to [B]adunakhor[/B] and [U]CC[/U] [B]Blackbull[/B]. All entries will be revealed when the polls are up. [/LIST] Deadline for this contest is [B]31 May Contest specific rules:[/B] [LIST] [*]Your piece does not has to be realsize. Actually, if you send the finished entry in a standard size we could adjust for the poll thread would be simply great (we are to adjust them anyway.) [*]Go ahead and have fun [*]Previous point must be strictly followed. Wink [/LIST] [/LEFT] [B]Good luck and have a modern and masterful fun[/B][B]! Thumbs Up[/B]

BBCode Render failed due to reaching MaxNestingDepth(5) for Tag: size

Last edited by BlackBull: 5/4/2013 9:51:05 AM
    *** My Helpdesk ***

Take a look at my altered art gallery! (NOW taking comissions!)
    MTGS Art Contests are in recess until further notice.
    TrophyDCC July 2013Trophy
    Folks: Yesterday I forgot to add a ver important rule to the round, and it's that Tarmogoyf must be part of the piece.
    *** My Helpdesk ***

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]T[SIZE=2]he whole text content should emulate the original billboards in the way [SIZE=2]they[/SIZE] usually promotes the upcomming sets. Of course, you could be creative here, but try to [U]don't be too creative[/U][SIZE=2] Rolleyes[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    What does this mean exactly? Could you give some examples?

BBCode Render failed due to reaching MaxNestingDepth(5) for Tag: size

My Pauper CubeThe Pauper Cube Thread Common Knowledge — 1 2
    Quote from Lanxal
    What does this mean exactly? Could you give some examples?
    Well, since these are made on paper, it's hard to find images that aren't related to auctions in sales sites. If you google something like "mtg + poster + add" or something similar, you would be able to see a couple of these (there's one of Worldwake with JtMS) Even so, here you have some examples I think could illustrate a bit what the task is about: Here and here.
    *** My Helpdesk ***

Congratulations to Lanxal for winnig the contest this month! Too bad you had no competitor, but it happens once in a while. Hope we will see you in one of the future contests to come Kekeke

Now let's give some credit to your piece:

Check out my gallery of altered cards

Facebook

Legacy:
    :symg::symw: Enchantress

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes