[Official] Custom Tokens & Token Collection Thread

[Official] Custom Tokens & Token Collection Thread

This is the thread to post your custom tokens, printed or digital.

Please take note of the MTGS Plagiarism Policy:

Quote from Artwork Sub »
    No Artwork Theft or Plagiarism
    if you're going to post artwork that is not your own (this includes other's artwork that you have copied or modified) make sure you are within the guidelines of Fair Use or make it clear that you have permission from the artist. If you post a piece that is based on someone else's work, or contains work created by anyone other than you, you must properly credit the artist. Properly crediting the artist means posting either:
    • the artist's full name, e.g. "Linda Bergkvist"
    • the artist's screen name and the website where you got the art from, e.g., "squidinc at CGSociety.com"
    • a link to the website where you got the art and indicate as such, e.g., "Art: http://www.alexiuss.deviantart.com/gallery/"
    • In cases where the original artist is unknown because the source material is a cartoon (or similar medium), providing the show, character, and a link to the source image used is adequate.
    You may give this credit in your post text or in the copyright line of the piece. The rule of thumb here is that if the artist can be found in an internet search with reasonable ease based on the information you provided, you're fine.

If you're just googling, post a link. If it's from an intellectual property, name it.

Examples:
    • "Original art of Twin Snakes by Yoji Shinkawa, Konami Illustrator. " – this is excellent.
    • "Source is here." – this is fine.
    • "from Pixar's film UP. google image references of Paradise Falls and UP" – this is close, but a link is desireable.
    • "random image of hulk searched on google image" – this is not acceptable.

Image removed due to an invalid URL:

Here's a link to nJustice's funny Guildpact Tokens.

Here are some of the official tokens:
    Mirrodin Block : Kamigawa Block : Ravnica Block : Coldsnap
    Time Spiral : Planar Chaos : Future Sight
    Notes: Removed miscredited (by me in 2005) tokens from Alternate Faces -Rax
    Last edited by Annorax: 6/2/2014 11:41:29 PM
    "As the mists of Mirewood are ever changing so to is life."
    ~Tyorl Nightwind, Mirewood Ranger

~Banner by Tawnos
    Cool. I've got none with me but i'am all in favor of a organised catalogue thing.

Originally posted by Necrogenesis
    If a White Knight and a Black Knight agreed to a joust, would they just keep riding past one another?

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your signature and add 1 to the generation number. It's a social experiment.

Cool idea but we definately need that cereal-packaging Saproling one.
    I've actually been putting together a small website for tokens:
    http://www.xandor.ca/tokens/

I still need to finish some hunted tokens and such.
    Xander, are you going to be releasing a template soon?
    kittybreadYe Olde Avatar and Sig ShoppekittybreadYe HelpdeskkittybreadMy ArtkittybreadNewskittybreadDon't Click HerekittybreadRBSkittybreadAnnouncementskittybread

Image removed due to its file extension: http://students.washington.edu/nweiz/Images/Sigs/rotate.php
    Quote from Kroen »
    I wan't my symbol
    Quote from Nex3 »
    Xander, are you going to be releasing a template soon?

I guess I could throw something together. But the nameplates are always the tricky bit. I still don't have all the frames I need. And I haven't looked at them for a few weeks. Some colours I have frames for, some I have single line frames, but not full frames, and some I haven't made either... so I dunno, we'll see if I get inspired to finish them.
    Could I at least have the frames you do have?
    kittybreadYe Olde Avatar and Sig ShoppekittybreadYe HelpdeskkittybreadMy ArtkittybreadNewskittybreadDon't Click HerekittybreadRBSkittybreadAnnouncementskittybread

Image removed due to its file extension: http://students.washington.edu/nweiz/Images/Sigs/rotate.php
    Quote from Kroen »
    I wan't my symbol
    Quote from Nex3 »
    Could I at least have the frames you do have?

Well I just the rest of those Dual Lands off my chest, so I may try to do these Tokens some time soon, then release a PSD of some kind.
    Adding these
    ATTACHMENTS
    • sandcreature2
    • sandcreature3
    • sandcreature4
    Catch!

Superannuated canines are immune to indoctrination and innovative maneuvers.
    um Xander... there's a better art even the "proper" one for Voja. it was released in Magic Arcana some time last year i'm not sure if you know but here's the link...
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/arcana/958

how about making one with the "proper" image?

i'd do it myself but have no template so there.
    I actually think the "proper" Voja art is rather silly and greatly prefer the current one.
    Using the new art is on my to do list, and infact someone replaced it themselves in the Voja topic.
    awww... I think the proper Voja is cute and cuddly! But that's just me... Xander, will agree. The card he made makes Voja look too mean...

honest, I'm 21.

Whoops, I actually thought the Voja posted above was a different one than it actually was. This is the one I prefer:

Sorry, Sojourn. This one isn't too cute and/or cuddly, either. Smile
    A couple lame ones
    ATTACHMENTS
    • Pegasus Token9
    • Pegasus Token8
    • Pegasus Token2
    • Pegasus Token3
    • Pegasus Token4
    Catch!

Superannuated canines are immune to indoctrination and innovative maneuvers.
    I like 8 and 4, although 4 looks like he's been in the oats a little too much. And 8 is pretty poor quality, but it reminds me of She-ra, so that's cool.
    Last edited by Sojourn: 1/15/2006 7:31:24 PM

Xander, could you make the "proper" Voja token? i know about the one in the Voja thread but i like your template better.

also the Saproling for the RAV token is wrong. it doesn't match. the Golgari background doesn't match the Selesnya saproling. take a look at the Golgari style guide. there's two example Saprolings to use. and the Selesnya one should go into some otehr background...

then make another separate token for Golgari saprolings?

could you put the template here? i'd do them myself if i had the template...

My Help Desk My MySpace My Playmat Artwork My Blog My Yuwie Page
    DCI Ranking Limited High - 2121 Current - 1996
    DCI Ranking Constructed High - 2237 Current - 1967
    MTGSalvation 1st Annual Charity Altered Art Event!
    *signature courtesy of Unkle-J talents!
    owh... yeh thx. wnated the one on top. the other one looks scary... not the happy, happy image of Selesnyans... :p
    I like the second one. Looks realy angry Smile
    We have laboured long to build a heaven, only to find it populated with horrors.

Quote from Oni kadaki
    If you have ever played with or against a goblin deck, you know that enough stupid beings put together can be a force to be reckoned with.
    someone in the Artwork forums asked for a Weird token. so i made one. not as good as Xander's in my opinion but hehworth a shot i guess... managed to isolate some parts and make a template for myself. bit crooked but will work that out someday. :tongue3:

ATTACHMENTS
    • weirdtokenfirsttry
    That second voja is eeeeeeevvvvvvillllll. But the first is silly. I like the original one Xander made.
    Has anyone got a Spike Token? Preferably one in the official Magic Token Style?
    "As the mists of Mirewood are ever changing so to is life."
    ~Tyorl Nightwind, Mirewood Ranger

~Banner by Tawnos
    I want a scurvy Pirate token, and a scurvy pirate ship token too, Grin

- I like tokens yarr!!!!:apirate:
    Awsome avatar and sig created by Nex3

Friend of U/B mana House Dimir:symbu:
    ">GAYMERS
    [COLOR=purple">VIOLET CORSAIR OF THE FORUM PIRATES
    ( Yarrr!!:apirate: )
    the second one doesn't look like a wolf, it looks like a lion. It's the whiskers. Or the mane. Or the ears. Probably all three actually.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes